Skip to main content

What's for dinner?

Tonight I had my first go at sang choi bau ( I think that's spelled right? )

I've recently changed jobs and I'm loving not doing shift work! Much more time to cook! I did lash out a few months ago and buy a Thermomix, and I have to say, it's incredible!

Any other Thermomix cooks around?

I am desperate for a Thermomix! I would love someone to buy me one for Christmas but I don't imagine any of my family or friends are the rich/generous. Maybe I should just find some dude to marry just so I can register for awesome gifts... I always plan my dream registry. Seriously.

...wow!... I just looked at the 'Thermomix' on YouTube... do you need a license to drive it?... lol!... quite a machine indeed... cheers.

Well, he did his best but my husband just served up burnt chops and pasta salad. There were supposed to be eggs too, but they were too burnt to serve up. I ended up with a bowl of triple choc ice-cream instead.

...lol!... the poor man... I bet he was swearing his head off too?... the ice-cream sounds awesome... cheers.

Nah! She wouldn't do. Her bones would stick in my teeth.

(Seriously, though, I love her. They make a glamorous couple, don't they?)

Secretly, they do look good together, she is fairly tall, and so is he. It's nice for a girl to wear heals and her guy still be taller slightly.

Has anyone bought any of the Flavourstone Cookware that is constantly advertised on daytime tv? I am sorely tempted, but want to know if it lives up to the hype. Found plenty of negative reviews on the net, but you can find negative reviews on just about anything. Would love to hear what a 'real' person has to say.

Has anyone bought any of the Flavourstone Cookware that is constantly advertised on daytime tv? I am sorely tempted, but want to know if it lives up to the hype. Found plenty of negative reviews on the net, but you can find negative reviews on just about anything. Would love to hear what a 'real' person has to say.

...my wife and I have just invested in the 'Stonedine' cookware that is advertised on the 'Today' show on Channel 9... a friend of ours bought them first and swears by them... we paid $400 approx and are getting 9 pieces (pots and pans) plus are receiving a 'Soupmaker' and cutlery and some added 'utensils'... I'm a bit unclear what the utensils are as we're still waiting for the delivery which is due on Tuesday next week...

...I just hope that they're up to the hype of what our friends have told us lol!... we're buying it because you don't need to use any oil at all when you are cooking... here is a link to the website... (don't worry about the deal that they are offering you on there because it changes all the time and plus if you do decide to buy they throw other things in too anyway)... cheers.

http://www.stonedine.com.au/

No idea about flavourstone.

And after googling that Thermomix thing, wow, but it costs $2,000+..........egads!

Has anyone bought one of those new fangled fryer machines?
Aldi has a version every few months $100, you only use a teaspoon of oil and it fries things crispy and yummy apparently?
I have never deep fried anything in my life, not really fond of oily stuff, but teen in my home is wrecking all my saucepans and going through buckets of oil. He is pretty good at it after KFC experience.
We need the healthier alternative before all my pots are killed.

No idea about flavourstone.

And after googling that Thermomix thing, wow, but it costs $2,000+..........egads!

Has anyone bought one of those new fangled fryer machines?
Aldi has a version every few months $100, you only use a teaspoon of oil and it fries things crispy and yummy apparently?
I have never deep fried anything in my life, not really fond of oily stuff, but teen in my home is wrecking all my saucepans and going through buckets of oil. He is pretty good at it after KFC experience.
We need the healthier alternative before all my pots are killed.

...we have a 'Tefal Actifry' which uses a little spoon of oil... (spoon supplied)... and it cooks chips/wedges/vegetables etc with bare minimum oil... apparently there is now an 'airfryer' out now that uses no oil at all... I can't vouch for that as I've never seen one as of yet let alone cooked in one lol!... until I do I'll keep on using my one... it's great!... cheers.

...my wife and I have just invested in the 'Stonedine' cookware that is advertised on the 'Today' show on Channel 9... a friend of ours bought them first and swears by them... we paid $400 approx and are getting 9 pieces (pots and pans) plus are receiving a 'Soupmaker' and cutlery and some added 'utensils'... I'm a bit unclear what the utensils are as we're still waiting for the delivery which is due on Tuesday next week...

...I just hope that they're up to the hype of what our friends have told us lol!... we're buying it because you don't need to use any oil at all when you are cooking... here is a link to the website... (don't worry about the deal that they are offering you on there because it changes all the time and plus if you do decide to buy they throw other things in too anyway)... cheers.

http://www.stonedine.com.au/
Thanks Sticky. Might wait until you get yours and can give an opinion.

...we have a 'Tefal Actifry' which uses a little spoon of oil... (spoon supplied)... and it cooks chips/wedges/vegetables etc with bare minimum oil... apparently there is now an 'airfryer' out now that uses no oil at all... I can't vouch for that as I've never seen one as of yet let alone cooked in one lol!... until I do I'll keep on using my one... it's great!... cheers.

That's the one Sticky, it's an airfryer, looks a bit like those other round oven/cooking things they try to flog on TV late atnight, flavourwave or something.

By the way, do prefer the black colour of your stonedine over the blue flavourstone.

Thanks Sticky. Might wait until you get yours and can give an opinion.

By the way, do prefer the black colour of your stonedine over the blue flavourstone.

...yeah no worries qtkt... I will let you know whether they're any good or not... and... I prefer black too for some reason... I think that it's because my now departed mum always said that the best pots are the black ones because anything black absorbs heat and cooks food quicker... I think that it was just one of those old 'wives tales' sort of things but when you think of it well... it sort of makes sense methinks...

That's the one Sticky, it's an airfryer, looks a bit like those other round oven/cooking things they try to flog on TV late atnight, flavourwave or something.

...oh okay... as I say... we use it all the time... the less oil that we're consuming the better for both of us I guess... lol!... cheers.

Back