Skip to main content

What's for dinner?

Impressed! Now that I know you are post grad or honours in linguistics (was also studying language/linguistics although part time and it is not my current line of work but have deferred this year) or whatever it is you are writing your thesis for I am MUCH less worried about you! But still good to hear!

Yeah. Still in undergrad, but last year. Not a baby not yet an adult. I probably should know better, but 3 21-22 year olds living together isn't a crash hot situation. We're poor as shit and lazy to boot. Still, since I told them I was reporting our eating habits on here they decided that we should pick up the slack a bit. We've all agreed no more zooper zooper dinners, unless it's really hot.

Tonight I am making my house famous lamb meatballs. This time I will hold the leftovers under lock and key.

I would almost sell my soul for real fish & chips or even a meat pie! Last night I had homemade chicken & vegetable soup...was great since we are freezing already.

Tonight I made a chicken recipe from this months Taste mag - I wanted to try it because it used coffee as a spice which I thought was interesting.

Yawn.

I also made beans with pomegranate and purple onion, kale with toasted chickpeas garlic ginger and chilli. Kipfler potatoes.

Way to much fucking around for not seriously delicious food. Nothing was awful, but nothing was great. Except the potatoes :) I love potato.

Tonight I am making a chicken tandoori for the first time I hope it works out.

I got the recipe form taste.com I'll take some pictures and post them.

Mexican or Middle Eastern - will let my friend decide when I pick him up from the station. Either one is good for me because all I will have is a salad.

My sister is going through some hectic raw vegan thing and is making us a raw pizza with a crust made from cauliflower. I'm not convinced this will be delicious, but we'll see.

I actually had an offer to go out for dinner and I am thinking more and more this is a better choice. Hopefully sis doesn't take it too personally...

My sister is going through some hectic raw vegan thing and is making us a raw pizza with a crust made from cauliflower. I'm not convinced this will be delicious, but we'll see.

I actually had an offer to go out for dinner and I am thinking more and more this is a better choice. Hopefully sis doesn't take it too personally...

Run - that sounds vile. Raw pizza = salad surely???

I have had pies made with grated potato or grated cauli as the crust, nah, doesn't work for me - it's a container not a crust. Good for dieters.

Run - that sounds vile. Raw pizza = salad surely???

I have had pies made with grated potato or grated cauli as the crust, nah, doesn't work for me - it's a container not a crust. Good for dieters.

Yes, these are my sentiments exactly and have told her as much. I am all for the delicious raw brownies and snickers and pies she keeps preparing for me, but i draw the line at trying to pass some mostly raw vegetables off as a pizza. She's on her own with this one, I'm gonna get me some Thai or Indian food.

Last edited:
Fish and chips for us tonight - and our fish place is going think we are weird, we have their fish 3 times this week, it's so damn good we are becoming addicted to their fresh yummy fishes - salad on the side, and followed by yummy fruit platter.
Summer fruit = happiness:)and mango is king:)

(try serving that salad sister thing to an Italian and call it pizza:()

2 bottles of grenache

Lol! I'm starting with some sparkling burgundy. Haven't decided what the main course is yet!!

By the way, folks. Ignore my posts after about 9pm. I haven't been drinking for a while and this might get messy. Please forgive me in advance. :)

tumblr_ma9gbsjegd1rdzh1ao1_500.gif

Last week my wife made a huge pot of pasta with mince, mushrooms, tomato sauce etc... Then no one wanted to eat it, so I've had nothing but this pasta for the past 6 nights...!

Tonight however it's fillet eye steak and potatoes! - *anything but* %#£€^¥#% pasta!!!

What the hell is that, I have always wondered?

Is it mince with seasoning/onion and such, slopped into a roll/bun?

Yup pretty much. In Melbourne you can go the USA foods in Moorabbin and buy the ready made sauce in a can called "Manwich" which you just add to mince and cook it up, really really nice.

Tonight was the most disgusting curry (butter chicken) I have ever had. I made it myself and bought the sauce from Coles, I can't remember the brand name but it's in the asian section and comes in soft plastic bottles. Stick to Pataks if you want decent curry sauces.

Student staple tonight. Pasta with a can of tuna stirred through. Yummy and cheapo. We may or may not have washed it down with the 10th zooper of the day.

Student staple tonight. Pasta with a can of tuna stirred through. Yummy and cheapo. We may or may not have washed it down with the 10th zooper of the day.

Oh how I miss being a student. I used to live solely off migoreng, chocolate bars, apples and diet coke... oh and a whole lot of booze. Good times.

Back