Skip to main content

Tina Arena Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing music back to this thread...
Would love to hear anyone's reaction to this list. I love music of all sorts & have to admit that I didn't know Tina Arena nor many of the people on this list. What a bloody fantistic bunch of folk. Somehow it also seems so Oz that the article says 15 artists while in fact, he lists 19. Cheers
Here's my favourite guitarist, I've been lucky enough to hear Grant Geissman in a small club many times as a duet as well as w/Chuck Mangione.

Would love to hear anyone's reaction to this list. I love music of all sorts & have to admit that I didn't know Tina Arena nor many of the people on this list. What a bloody fantistic bunch of folk. Somehow it also seems so Oz that the article says 15 artists while in fact, he lists 19. Cheers
Here's my favourite guitarist, I've been lucky enough to hear Grant Geissman in a small club many times as a duet as well as w/Chuck Mangione.
Some unusual choices there - of all the great people that are Australian musicians I think it is pushing it putting Flea in the mix. Apart from the fact I was a fan of the RHCP and this is the first I have ever heard that he was born in in Australia, he was only there until he was 4 - not exactly during his musical years! Don't get me wrong I think he is a good musician just don't know if I would have classed him as Australian musician if he did not spend a lot of his life in Australia.

Some unusual choices there - of all the great people that are Australian musicians I think it is pushing it putting Flea in the mix. Apart from the fact I was a fan of the RHCP and this is the first I have ever heard that he was born in in Australia, he was only there until he was 4 - not exactly during his musical years! Don't get me wrong I think he is a good musician just don't know if I would have classed him as Australian musician if he did not spend a lot of his life in Australia.
That was the shorter list, here is a longer one (some videos not visible to me, since it's Oz based. However, no doubt that the range is wide & excellent.

Possibly the most famous Australian musicians in the US, not the most famous at home.

Many have suggested Keith Urban is still really only famous for being Nicole Kidman's wife.

That was the shorter list, here is a longer one (some videos not visible to me, since it's Oz based. However, no doubt that the range is wide & excellent.
At least this list notes some of the indigenous talent Australia has - the first article was very whitewashed.

Whether it was his autism or not he did do and say some hurtful things to people over the years he was been on these forums that he never took responsibility for. I believe he still could have taken responsibility when he hurt someone and learned from that. But it is is all a long time ago now and most if not all of those people are no longer here or are rare users of the forum.
What exactly did I do or say that was so hurtful, Isee. All I remember is me posting my own opinion rather than going along with the crowd. Like Tina Arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back