Skip to main content

Tina Arena Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad that you mentioned that he is on the autism spectrum. Not to drag out old arguments. There was quite an um...dramatic person who I'd blame for more of his reactions. However, I'm curious why this subject came up. I can tell you he does pay attention to all the telly youse guyse watch. He also has been a very long time member. (BTW I remember that Trumper garbage, it's not his opinion, it was Drama's)
Whether it was his autism or not he did do and say some hurtful things to people over the years he was been on these forums that he never took responsibility for. I believe he still could have taken responsibility when he hurt someone and learned from that. But it is is all a long time ago now and most if not all of those people are no longer here or are rare users of the forum.

Whether it was his autism or not he did do and say some hurtful things to people over the years he was been on these forums that he never took responsibility for. I believe he still could have taken responsibility when he hurt someone and learned from that. But it is is all a long time ago now and most if not all of those people are no longer here or are rare users of the forum.

Agree with you here Isee. This is basically where I sit on the whole debacle.

Some of the things said were particularly cruel, and there was zero accountability or apology forthcoming. I’m not sure we can justify it by saying ‘oh he has autism’ and use that as a free pass.

That being said, it’s in the past and we’ve all moved on, but that doesn’t mean we have to welcome him back with open arms.

Some of the things said were particularly cruel, and there was zero accountability or apology forthcoming. I’m not sure we can justify it by saying ‘oh he has autism’ and use that as a free pass.

That being said, it’s in the past and we’ve all moved on, but that doesn’t mean we have to welcome him back with open arms.
Gollly, I certainly don't know what was said or needed to be done. He's not looking for a free pass nor a welcome back. I just thought I should at least comment that he is well & still notices what you write. Cheers!

I get that autism is a spectrum but we have other members also on the spectrum who are constructive contributors and for whom it’s not an issue. They also don’t go around blaming others when problems do arise. I won’t sit here and play armchair doctor but he’s clear pretty high functioning. At least enough where it’s shouldn’t be used as an excuse for his antics nor should it be used to explain them.

He’s not welcome back and no amount of time nor apology will change that.
Just to add to this… I think had he taken some time, cooled off, let the reason for the ban blow over, and quietly reintegrated himself I could accept him back. That didn’t happen and what did cannot be forgotten. Also the excuses and lack of accountability being thrown around by a certain someone on his behalf show that he hasn’t learned a thing and never will. Especially not when he has an enabler in the mix.

Just to add to this… I think had he taken some time, cooled off, let the reason for the ban blow over, and quietly reintegrated himself I could accept him back. That didn’t happen and what did cannot be forgotten. Also the excuses and lack of accountability being thrown around by a certain someone on his behalf show that he hasn’t learned a thing and never will. Especially not when he has an enabler in the mix.
Golly, if I'm that certain someone, please feel free to address me directly. I come here because I appreciate every individual's opinion. I don't want anyone to think I have an agenda. Also, believe me, I'm no enabler. Part of the reason he & are have continued to be in contact is because I don't tolerate bad behaviour. If you have objections to things I've said, please let that me know, I'm happy to apologize. I come here for the opinions & the respite from US politics especially. You're never boring & I hope I've been a decent guest.

Last edited:
I get that autism is a spectrum but we have other members also on the spectrum who are constructive contributors and for whom it’s not an issue. They also don’t go around blaming others when problems do arise. I won’t sit here and play armchair doctor but he’s clear pretty high functioning. At least enough where it’s shouldn’t be used as an excuse for his antics nor should it be used to explain them.
I certainlly wasn't using his autism as an excuse, but I'm glad (as I suspected) that the board is full of all sorts of people.

Just to add a little since I believe Kingston has called me an enabler. I don't want anyone to think I have an agenda w/Columbo to get him back here. I consider it a privilege that youse guyse let me chat about the shows you watch & so on. I hope I'm approachable enough that if I've offended someone that they'll tell me directly so I don't offend or injure by accident.

I did know he was on the autism spectrum, or deduced it if he didn't exactly state it directly.
There were certainly times when he contributed positively to topics, as well as many where he derailed topics or seemed to be actively obtuse.
It's forum history now, and hopefully he's happy wherever you chat.
Thanks, I can say that Columbo can fixate on things (that is part of his spectrum). That makes him a loyal friend in some cases, but it also leaves him open to being hurt & feeling injured. Also, I don't know anyone's ages here, but was in his 20s when he first posted so long ago & isn't that old now. So I would also add that to his level of um poor behaviour. Anyway, cheers & thanks for replying to me & letting me put in my 2 cents.

I only had a problem with him towards the end,
He became antagonistic for no reason.
I wonder if he left becaus he'd started to rub people up the wrong way. I don't know.
He was pretty harmless for a long time, but seemed to have changed.
He didn't leave by choice, he's been banned several times & (I blame the autism) tried to "quietly" return under a new name. I've known him for a few years now & I can tell you he's doing fine. I consider him more on the Asperger's side of autism, full of opinions but never ever boring.

This x 1000000000
I had no issue with him for years.
But he & another member who initially hated each other, joined forced and turned ridiculously nasty & antagonistic for no reason. Completely fucked the vibe of the place.

I believe he copped a permanent ban. He returned briefly under a new username for a few weeks to cause mayhem, but hasn't since returned.
The ban is right, however, your description of the vibe seems in error to me (although I admit I've only been here since April 2021 Marley's season. There was a group who included him & they were very tight & happy, then it broke down until it became fairly nasty to each other. However, as I said, I'm not here to enable merely to clarify.

If you nothing else, then please just remember the fun posts & set aside the rest. As I pointed out, I've only been here since April 2021. So my knowledge of his interaction (& deathly feuds) are only from that time. Otherwise, he's been here for years. This thread began in 2014... Cheers!

ok well this is a Tina Arena thread. If we can't get back to that maybe @Brekkie can lock it?
I am guessing she thought she better squash the bad press by releasing more music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back