Skip to main content

Tina Arena Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only had a problem with him towards the end,
He became antagonistic for no reason.
I wonder if he left becaus he'd started to rub people up the wrong way. I don't know.
He was pretty harmless for a long time, but seemed to have changed.

This x 1000000000
I had no issue with him for years.
But he & another member who initially hated each other, joined forced and turned ridiculously nasty & antagonistic for no reason. Completely fucked the vibe of the place.

I believe he copped a permanent ban. He returned briefly under a new username for a few weeks to cause mayhem, but hasn't since returned.

This x 1000000000
I had no issue with him for years.
But he & another member who initially hated each other, joined forced and turned ridiculously nasty & antagonistic for no reason. Completely fucked the vibe of the place.

I believe he copped a permanent ban. He returned briefly under a new username for a few weeks to cause mayhem, but hasn't since returned.
Exactly. I wasn't going to name that other one. He was ridiculously nasty, and it was hard to ignore him.

I only had a problem with him towards the end,
He became antagonistic for no reason.
I wonder if he left becaus he'd started to rub people up the wrong way. I don't know.
He was pretty harmless for a long time, but seemed to have changed.
I still talk to him all the time. He was among the 1st people to help out w/slang & watching BBAu right from the beginning. Actually, you've all been pretty friendly. Sometimes there were antagonistic "feuds" started, but TBH it created a kind of sideshow alternative to what was on telly. I hope this doesn't cause me to be banned. I actually appreciate just how wide ranging the opinions of all the participants here. Cheers!

He repeatedly popped up under new accounts. I don't miss him in the slightest. He delighted in deliberately taking the opposite view just to wind people up. That, my friends, is trolling.
I struggled to know whether it was trolling or whether it was his autism meaning he just did not read the signs of when he was pushing a joke or obsession past a point of tolerance.

I struggled to know whether it was trolling or whether it was his autism meaning he just did not read the signs of when he was pushing a joke or obsession past a point of tolerance.
I'm glad that you mentioned that he is on the autism spectrum. Not to drag out old arguments. There was quite an um...dramatic person who I'd blame for more of his reactions. However, I'm curious why this subject came up. I can tell you he does pay attention to all the telly youse guyse watch. He also has been a very long time member. (BTW I remember that Trumper garbage, it's not his opinion, it was Drama's)

Yes, all the "Dictator Dan" and pro-Trump bullshit. Attention seeking nonsense.
again, that was Drama
Columbo was definitely not pro Trump nor anti vax
I'm a nurse from a family of nearly 100 physicians, my ex is 3rd generation (Brit) physician whose father & grandfather were knighted by the Queen. I'd know if he was that kind of nutter & certainly wouldn't be talking to him still...

oh no, I never realised that. Makes more sense now.

oh no, I never realised that. Makes more sense now.
Yes, he gets state support (yay Australia) for his autism. We talk about all sorts of things besides telly. However, he does have his favourite subjects like Tina & of course BB. Hope that clears up anything about his past behaviours. As I said, from what I recall the difficulties came from his odd interaction (& her really even odder behaviour for a non autistic person) w/Drama. Cheers!

Yes, he gets state support (yay Australia) for his autism. We talk about all sorts of things besides telly. However, he does have his favourite subjects like Tina & of course BB. Hope that clears up anything about his past behaviours. As I said, from what I recall the difficulties came from his odd interaction (& her really even odder behaviour for a non autistic person) w/Drama. Cheers!
You probably don't want to say, but is it another forum you both chat at?

You probably don't want to say, but is it another forum you both chat at?
no....but if you really want to know more you can pm me (Ive always liked you lol & we watch the same things....what do you think about Duncan & Evelyn from MAFs or Jesse & Jannelle? lol) cheers!

Me either. That seems to make sense. What a shame it turned out the way it did.
well, I know that I've been banned once (not to trigger anything) If he's banned for ranting & only now you realize he's autistic. Perhaps a trial run is not unreasonable. As I said, we often chatted early on, I had trouble knowing exactly what was being said as well as wanting to behave properly here (sometimes youse guyse get very persnickety talking about BBAU & each others opinions haha).
I'm a nurse, so we started talking about all kinds of things away from the Forum. He's the one who pointed out that you were talking about him. Again, I wonder why this started, but it's not important. I'm just glad that I could give you good information & clarify some of what happened in distant memory.
He & Drama, Affable et al were friends then Drama went off on him & there was a lot of very noxious interchanges. She's long gone, but Columbo still can read here & does appreciate my taking his side & clarifying past memories. Cheers again!

I did know he was on the autism spectrum, or deduced it if he didn't exactly state it directly.
There were certainly times when he contributed positively to topics, as well as many where he derailed topics or seemed to be actively obtuse.
It's forum history now, and hopefully he's happy wherever you chat.

I did know he was on the autism spectrum, or deduced it if he didn't exactly state it directly.
There were certainly times when he contributed positively to topics, as well as many where he derailed topics or seemed to be actively obtuse.
He was here for years, so I'm glad at least some of you have good memories. I hope this clarifies some of the comments about him (& me...since I too was banned but it was an error about Ms Jenner that I believe got me locked out for a month). I don't see any of the other principals who once were tight friends then became ridiculous enemies. Cheers for all the chatter. Besides telly, it's lovely to see so many people's opinions

I should add that he was essential to my understanding the extended history of last year's BBAU. He had a lot of insight into the game play, the friendships & all the ins & outs. Saved me a lot of blundering here so I could enjoy it all the more w/o aggravating the Forum w/too many newbie questions. Cheers again all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back