Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

The problem with this critique of bias media is the bias present within the article itself. The author is clearly anti suppression theory and pro elimination by hard lockdown.
I think that’s not a clear cut negative / positive scenario. There are many sides to each strategy, some good some not so good.

It’s worth making the pretty important point at this stage that there is no safe way to live with Covid-19, and the ‘suppression’ strategy promoted by Prime Minister Morrison and the NSW government has always been incredibly dangerous and irresponsible. Yet, the vast majority of the Australian media accept that ‘suppression’ is a thing, and continue to promote it as the ideal strategy, no matter how much they learn about Covid-19.

there may be no COMPLETELY safe way to live with covid, but hard lockdowns produce issues of their own. Yes the government talks a lot about the economic issues, but even that in and of itself can have health implications (ie mental health). It’s not easy.

At the heart of all bias is assumption

indeed.

Last edited:
ALP supporters hogging all the toilet paper in their panic buying state.
Maybe the government should give toilet paper away. Just give everyone everything for free because there's no jobs or taxpayers. That doesn't exist. Money comes from the sky and we can just shutdown whenever.

Maybe the government should give toilet paper away. Just give everyone everything for free because there's no jobs or taxpayers. That doesn't exist. Money comes from the sky and we can just shutdown whenever.

Sounds like a plan, drama!

I never said I wanted a lockdown?
If you don't want a lockdown then what more do you want? There has already been government intervention in NSW so let's see what you come up with.
All those states having to close their borders because NSW are too selfish to have a proper lockdown.
This is much bigger than one individual though. Yes, there are certain precautions individuals can take, but there are situations that need government intervention.

If you don't want a lockdown then what more do you want? There has already been government intervention in NSW so let's see what you come up with.

I want letters and numbers to be brought back, Drama. Is that too much to ask? Is it?

Back