Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

It's just non-sense because you do not agree with it. If you don't see the damage done by the Victorian Government, then I pity you.

You claim to be politically neutral but what is clear is that you are one of the most far left members of the forum. Others can buy into your fakeness but I will not.

Yes, the far-left politics that has me defending Donald Trump in various instances. I lean liberal (not the party) but to describe me as far left is laughable. I'm the traditional liberal before the left went to shit.

Feel free to ask me what I really think and I'll be honest. Some of the "far-left" views I have on COVID would have far-left people calling me an alt-right Qanon follower. Due to heaven forbid you don't follow the approvedd narrative of allowed opinions. You'd probably be surprised. Although definitely not conservative. Unless you use the new definitions of anyone not 100% woke by the definition/guidelines that will be set in place tomorrow.

I'll volunteer a hint. Why did the sudden surge of COVID in India that was dominating the news cycle disappear seemingly overnight? There's something they don't want us to know and is being censored in the media and by big tech. Just how did they manage to reverse course, can't say or else the big tech overlords will banish me.

Last edited:
Last year's lockdown

Yeah, but is this hindsight? Of course, locking down earlier would have helped. It's a game of playing catch up after the fact. They don't know how far and how much of a spread there had been. We also have no idea how any other state would have faired in the same situations.

If they locked down sooner, had a shorter lockdown. People would complain they locked down for nothing.

Interesting fact, Sydney is more humid than covid. Which makes COVID less transmissible in the air. This is illustrative of how complex comparing locations is.

I'm way more far left than up all nighty Noo

These terms are meaningless. What left means now is not what it meant 10, 20, 30, 50 years ago. Now being left-wing is apparently for the government regulating speech, welcoming billionaires censoring public discourse. There's NOTHING liberal about that.

Reactions: kxk
Yeah, but is this hindsight? Of course, locking down earlier would have helped. It's a game of playing catch up after the fact. They don't know how far and how much of a spread there had been. We also have no idea how any other state would have faired in the same situations.

If they locked down sooner, had a shorter lockdown. People would complain they locked down for nothing.

Interesting fact, Sydney is more humid than covid. Which makes COVID less transmissible in the air. This is illustrative of how complex comparing locations is.

These terms are meaningless. What left means now is not what it meant 10, 20, 30, 50 years ago. Now being left-wing is apparently for the government regulating speech, welcoming billionaires censoring public discourse. There's NOTHING liberal about that.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Well whatever the term I'm still more left wing than you.

I spent a day in hospital casualty/emergency Tuesday
Very interesting ....
Once I got into treatment section, with cubicles/beds.....
2 people were there for hypochondria basically
Imagined reactions to astra jab

1 ‘my arm is sore/bit swollen’ ....hard to see since she was flabby fat all over
Everyone gets a sore arm, get a grip on reality
Next
2 guy next cubicle, my blood pressure and my imagination have shot up sky high
I’m dying, help, can’t sleep, can’t eat, worry, worry worry
Blood clots are happening I know it
Diagnosis
Worry wort, you have given yourself high blood pressure etc
Suffering hypochondria due to stupidity & stupid media hype

None of this was said out loud, except the worry bit
Had to stop myself from laughing hysterically

Poor hospital workers putting up with dumbarses all day wasting their valuable time

From what I've seen I rate her speaking skills as being slightly better than Sarah Palin's which is a very low bar. Every time I see her on TV talking about COVID I ask myself how she became Premier.

Her speaking skills are fine.

Do all these people calling for Sydney to be locked down realise they're not being forced out of their homes and into the community? If you feel more comfortable and safe in your home, that is ok - stay home. But there are others that don't have that luxury for numerous reasons, so as long as people are following the health guidelines and being safe, then we need to just get on with life.

Do all these people calling for Sydney to be locked down realise they're not being forced out of their homes and into the community? If you feel more comfortable and safe in your home, that is ok - stay home. But there are others that don't have that luxury for numerous reasons, so as long as people are following the health guidelines and being safe, then we need to just get on with life.

The pathetic thing is that they separated the “Yes, I live in Melbourne” from the ”Yes, I live interstate” and the “Yes, I live in Melbourne” option have over half the votes of the interstate ones. Just proves the point that Melbourne people really are brainless.

I agree. Like I said the the other day it's up to individuals to take precautions. Politicians can guide and encourage the public but we are long beyond a year into this pandemic and if you don't know what precautions to take now then that's probably your fault.

I agree. Like I said the the other day it's up to individuals to take precautions. Politicians can guide and encourage the public but we are long beyond a year into this pandemic and if you don't know what precautions to take now then that's probably your fault.

This is much bigger than one individual though. Yes, there are certain precautions individuals can take, but there are situations that need government intervention.

Back