Skip to main content

THE VIRUS 2020 - the good, the bad, and the ugly

He’s from Melbourne. Much like up_all_night, they only save their condemnation for LNP run states. Lol 😂
tumblr_pejoktCNJ21wzvt9qo1_500.gif

I think you'll find my lack of condemnation is fairly uniform across the board. I will just call out non-sene. The focus has been on Victoria and a lot of non-sense has been said about it.

That's because Victoria waited far too long to take any proper action and made it far worse than it should have been.

And I'll piggyback on comments I find truthful like from Mr it's not.

When, this last lockdown? That's simply not true. Community transmission popped up, testing and contact tracing was used before it was realised there were exposure sites across a large area. It was determined there was high risk and the decision was made for a lockdown.

From what I gather, this is what has been going on in NSW right now. Cases popping up, the scale and spread needs to be assessed and they use the best judgement with the available facts in how to respond. Whether restrictions were too quick or too late, might not have been something known to those making decisions at the time. They're always working with a partial set of facts, which are changing. You can't always make the best decision in that situation, so unless you can point to specific failures, ignoring the best advice. Like with Victoria you have to give them some leeway when judging in hindsight. Find specific failures. Not just that things went wrong. Or things went right, then claim it was all for nothing and pointless.

If Victoria locked down as soon as they detected community transmission, you'd all be saying how terrible they are. If they weren't willing to lockdown, and things got out of hand. You'd all be pointing to them doing the wrong thing.

Looking at this through the Sky News/ politically biased lens means you'll always disagree and say they're doing the wrong thing based on tribal divisions.

When it comes to assessing lockdowns and restrictions, there are many different factors as to why they're different in different cities. The modelling for transmission is different in each state, many variables account for that. Advice from health officials will therefore differ.

Don't be daft. I'm the furthest thing from a 'bangwagoner'.

Ironic comment, considering you literally just acknowledged to piggybacking off the statements of others.

You're like the biggest bandwagoner here. Unlike affable and me who use our brains to make informed decisions.

tumblr_pejoktCNJ21wzvt9qo1_500.gif

I think you'll find my lack of condemnation is fairly uniform across the board. I will just call out non-sene. The focus has been on Victoria and a lot of non-sense has been said about it.

When, this last lockdown? That's simply not true. Community transmission popped up, testing and contact tracing was used before it was realised there were exposure sites across a large area. It was determined there was high risk and the decision was made for a lockdown.

From what I gather, this is what has been going on in NSW right now. Cases popping up, the scale and spread needs to be assessed and they use the best judgement with the available facts in how to respond. Whether restrictions were too quick or too late, might not have been something known to those making decisions at the time. They're always working with a partial set of facts, which are changing. You can't always make the best decision in that situation, so unless you can point to specific failures, ignoring the best advice. Like with Victoria you have to give them some leeway when judging in hindsight. Find specific failures. Not just that things went wrong. Or things went right, then claim it was all for nothing and pointless.

If Victoria locked down as soon as they detected community transmission, you'd all be saying how terrible they are. If they weren't willing to lockdown, and things got out of hand. You'd all be pointing to them doing the wrong thing.

Looking at this through the Sky News/ politically biased lens means you'll always disagree and say they're doing the wrong thing based on tribal divisions.

When it comes to assessing lockdowns and restrictions, there are many different factors as to why they're different in different cities. The modelling for transmission is different in each state, many variables account for that. Advice from health officials will therefore differ.

Last year's lockdown

You're like the biggest bandwagoner here. Unlike affable and me who use our brains to make informed decisions.

I'd LOVE to hear how you reached that conclusion. Proof please?

It's so laughable that you believe you make informed decisions or statements on here. You're antagonistic, misguided and unaware.

It's just non-sense because you do not agree with it. If you don't see the damage done by the Victorian Government, then I pity you.

You claim to be politically neutral but what is clear is that you are one of the most far left members of the forum. Others can buy into your fakeness but I will not.

I'd LOVE to hear how you reached that conclusion. Proof please?

It's so laughable that you believe you make informed decisions or statements on here. You're antagonistic, misguided and unaware.

Proof is all your posts. No individuality at all. I on the other hand am very individual and aware of things.

It's just non-sense because you do not agree with it. If you don't see the damage done by the Victorian Government, then I pity you.

You claim to be politically neutral but what is clear is that you are one of the most far left members of the forum. Others can buy into your fakeness but I will not.
Is he more far left than me?

Proof is all your posts. No individuality at all. I on the other hand am very individual and aware of things.

I knew you wouldn't be able to produce anything to substantiate your claims. Typical Columbo.

In all honesty, I find you beyond irritating now. If you put the same energy you put into trolling strangers on internet forums, into contributing to society, the world would be a much better place. Go be productive and do something meaningful with your time.

I knew you wouldn't be able to produce anything to substantiate your claims. Typical Columbo.

In all honesty, I find you beyond irritating now. If you put the same energy you put into trolling strangers on internet forums, into contributing to society, the world would be a much better place. Go be productive and do something meaningful with your time.

At least I can think for myself. Not parroting lines to try and fit in with the majority.

And I'm not trolling. Maybe try and gain some more experience on the internet before you start throwing around the trolling label.

At least I can think for myself. Not parroting lines to try and fit in with the majority.

And I'm not trolling. Maybe try and gain some more experience on the internet before you start throwing around the trolling label.

I'd ask you to substantiate your claims, but once again you won't, because you can't. Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.

I shan't argue with you. It's simply not worth it. Considering you spend 90% of your time on here harassing people, you are undoubtedly more experienced in the internet than most.

Have a nice day, Columbo.

So I just got a message saying that Come From Away the musical is going ahead unchanged. I see that Hamilton is cancelling half tickets and reducing to 50%. The new restrictions aren’t exactly clear on indoor events.
although they are supposed to stick to the 4sqm rule, but I can’t see how Capitol Theatre is doing that without cancelling any tickets.
So do I go Friday night? I will have had my second shot tomorrow morning. Is it wise to travel from the central coast into the city for a show? If I don’t I guess I just lose money as they aren’t cancelling 🤷🏽‍♂️

So I just got a message saying that Come From Away the musical is going ahead unchanged. I see that Hamilton is cancelling half tickets and reducing to 50%. The new restrictions aren’t exactly clear on indoor events.
although they are supposed to stick to the 4sqm rule, but I can’t see how Capitol Theatre is doing that without cancelling any tickets.
So do I go Friday night? I will have had my second shot tomorrow morning. Is it wise to travel from the central coast into the city for a show? If I don’t I guess I just lose money as they aren’t cancelling 🤷🏽‍♂️

I heard ticket sales aren't very good for Come From Away, so maybe that's why they can get away with it as they won't need to cancel? Hamilton would no doubt be a sell out most nights.

Still come down and enjoy the show! Just bring a mask as they're now back in fashion down here haha.

I'd ask you to substantiate your claims, but once again you won't, because you can't. Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.

I shan't argue with you. It's simply not worth it. Considering you spend 90% of your time on here harassing people, you are undoubtedly more experienced in the internet than most.

Have a nice day, Columbo.

When it comes to you bandwagoning though it's the truth. Especially when it comes to piling on to me.

Easy for people to be pro-lockdown when they don't have any financial responsibilities. We're well into 2021 and the virus is not disappearing. We have to be realistic longterm and think of other ways to suppress transmission without massively disrupting the economy. NSW has balanced things well in this pandemic and should be given another chance to get this under control like with previous outbreaks.

Easy for people to be pro-lockdown when they don't have any financial responsibilities. We're well into 2021 and the virus is not disappearing. We have to be realistic longterm and think of other ways to suppress transmission without massively disrupting the economy. NSW has balanced things well in this pandemic and should be given another chance to get this under control like with previous outbreaks.

Guess we'll see with this delta variant.

Back