Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Jude and Steph. Meh, really??

That's what you get when you allow a bunch of crazy American Dirty Dancing stans choose. They obviously went for who in their opinion was the tallest/most athletic, taking nothing else into consideration. Jude can't even dance!

That's what you get when you allow a bunch of crazy American Dirty Dancing stans choose. They obviously went for who in their opinion was the tallest/most athletic, taking nothing else into consideration. Jude can't even dance!

Agreed. I would have chosen Hugh.... And me. 🤣

Heard that a NZ version of My Restaurant Rules was airing. I loved that format, particularly starting their restaurants from scratch, fitting them out, naming them, hiring staff and creating the menus etc before launching them and bringing the audience in as customers.

However I watched the first episode, and they have forgone all the setup stage and are just using existing restaurants. It's basically MKR with restaurants. What a waste of time, really disappointing to not have the challenges of the set up stage and disasters that all entails.

Trial By Kyle was even worse than expected.
I tuned in to see if it was entertainingly bad, but it's merely one-dimensional bad.
The worst thing about it (yes, worse than Sandilands himself) was the tone of the show. The audience and staff (including Anna) were encouraged to laugh at the defendants, which took away any possibility of seeing any of it as in any way real.
Hopefully this will be axed immediately.

I watched a little bit. I don’t like to criticise something I haven’t seen for myself. Suffice to say I turned off half way through the second case and won’t bother to tune in again. Absolutely woeful. And the audience might have been laughing but I wasn’t.

Kyle just doesn't have the gravitas to host this, or anything really. Having a controversial/rude personality isn't enough. You can tell he doesn't care, so why should we?

Interesting look at the day in the life of the WORST tv show of all time the project.

I’m given a tour of the largely open-plan office, introduced to names I am struggling to remember, aside from the lively Tommy Little.

the MEMORABLE king tommy little.

Back