Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Usually don't wait till the end of the series to recommend a show but some of you might be quite interested in Hunted, a UK reality show which finished last night with a fantastically tense finale.

Essentially the show is about 14 Britiains challenged to go on the run for 28 days without being detected by a team of hunters. It's presented more as a documentary than a reality show with participants in it only to prove to themselves that they can go undetected in a world of surveilance - there is no prize for completing it.

The episodes focus on sets of participants rather than periods of time which helps spread out the drama across the series from the rush of being placed "on the run" to the thrill of the chase. It's only the final episode where we follow all the participants across the same time period, delivering one of the best finales of a reality show I've seen in years.

A US version has been picked up by CBS so wouldn't be surprised if an Aussie version turns up eventually too.

From the little Ive seen so far they are making the NZers out to be stupid and cliched ... its also a little bit Packed to the Rafters as well as SeaChange .... cant it have its own formula? Do we have to settle for more of the same?
I guess that's why I look forward to Offspring returning to our screens

I'm excited about this too. Looks like I'll have to stock up on tissues again lol.
While I'm excited about one of my favourite shows coming back I'm kind of scared too only because they seemed to finish everything so well.

Anyone still watching A Place To Call Home? I think it's a nice little series and deserves better than to be buried on Foxtel.

I watched the first ep on Optus Fetch then I couldn't find it again :( I wanted to watch it!

Just started watching UnREAL on Stan following watching Bach and Bachette. I think some else on here mentioned it at some stage. It's got the girl from Roswell in it (not Katherine Heigl) and I haven't seen her in anything for ages.

Channel 7, 7 Two and 7Mate are all going to be live streamed online 24/7 from the 3rd of November - http://7live.com.au

Channel Nine will also being doing the same very soon but I haven't seen anything about Channel Ten.

Channel Nine are also dumping international shows (except Big Bang Theory) in favour of original locally produced content - the two things combined are probably a good idea considering the big loses FTA is suffering from people going to online sources.

Channel 7, 7 Two and 7Mate are all going to be live streamed online 24/7 from the 3rd of November - http://7live.com.au

Channel Nine will also being doing the same very soon but I haven't seen anything about Channel Ten.

Channel Nine are also dumping international shows (except Big Bang Theory) in favour of original locally produced content - the two things combined are probably a good idea considering the big loses FTA is suffering from people going to online sources.

That streaming thing sounds interesting.

C4 have finally found a show worthy of replacing Big Brother - The Secret Life of 4 Year Olds. It's like Big Brother, but with more mature participants.

Always thought the Aussie networks are in precarious position due to their reliance on foreign shows. If/when the foreign networks decide they can make more money simply streaming their shows to Australia directly they'll be sunk.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/11...g-in-third-married-at-first-sight-series.html

Gay couple set for ‘NZ wedding’ in third Married at First Sight series

November 10th, 2015 By David Knox 4 commentsFiled under: News,

EXCLUSIVE: A same sex couple is set appear in Married at First Sight on Nine.

“We are casting at the moment for a same sex couple and we’re going to take them to New Zealand to get married, because that’s how it works in that country,” Nine’s Director of Programming and Production, Andrew Backwell revealed today.

While the marriage will not be legal, Nine is keen to highlight the differences in marriage equality.

“There is no same-sex marriage (in Australia) at the moment. Personally I hope it’s going to change,” he said.

“So we will make a point to illustrate that you do have to leave the country to get married.

“I think it will be fascinating,” he said.

Nine is currently filming a second season, currently being filmed, with the gay couple to appear in a third season for either 2016 or 2017.

Oh how exciting............

Nine has recently been seeking applicants for a new untitled travel series offering “Free holidays and there is no catch.”

It’s as simple as it sounds.

It’s not a competition and there is no cash prize.

Can you take time off to take part?

We strongly encourage you to submit photos and a video with your application

You should submit an application for a group of 2 – 5 people

– At least one of you applying must be over 18 years of age and hold a current Australian driver’s licence.

– You will all need to be able to take up to 12 weeks off to travel during 2016.

TV Tonight understands Nine has reportedly had 7000 applications for this one already.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/11/auditions-travel-guides-series.html

Can't think what it was called but sounds like the Aussie version of the recent ITV series where a number of families/couples/friends etc. went to various destinations around the wrold and reviewed them. It was crap.

Far more excited about Channel 10's plans for 2015 than Nine's

I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! Overload coming your way in 2016

November 19, 2015 7:15pm

Freddie Flintoff wins I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!
external

origin:video_integrator.Q1ajYwdDoxXDFc70FQuz2mYxqxRo5zf9

GET ready for a double dose of I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! in 2016, with Network Ten revealing its plans to amp up the jungle-based reality TV show when it returns next year.

Ten announced its upcoming content line-up overnight and the big reveal was the network’s significant investment in six new local productions, most notably I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! Now.

The series will function as a companion show to Ten’s second season of I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! — hosted again by Julia Morris and Chris Brown — which was one of the top-rating shows of 2015.

• 900cbbb894813ee4f5d90e719b8f4c51

Bachelor star Heather Maltman will co-host.

• 585cde9e07b3ac9d7a14122886afde0f

Joel Creasey competed on I’m A Celeb in 2015.

• 718c7b534b6fe2f9c458a75a52649547

Comedian, author and artist Ahn Do.

• dc2adce7c9ad770f10b181ed61eacf71

Chrissie Swan.

• bb830d3743c9dbe43d3d256949dbec24

Matt Preston and Grant Denyer on set of Family Feud.

• 94723588a70bd804b0af8fcc4aa24b87

Matthew Le Nevez will play motoring legend Peter Brock in the upcoming telemovie.

• 62b5b7529cb7b75198e533c77a47eebf

Jessica Marais will star in The Wrong Girl.

• 943a863e0076daefdc8ff52404496a53

Author Zoe Foster Blake.

• 787b9ea980be3da46cbf620d02e5dd2b

Waleed Aly, Carrie Bickmore, Peter Helliar will return to The Project desk in 2016.
1 of 9
Hosted by comedian Joel Creasey and Bachelor contestant Heather Maltman, the new show promises to treat I’m A Celeb fans to “behind-the-scenes action from the jungle, updates about their favourite celebrities and exclusive news and gossip.”

Now will run each night after the main show on secondary Channel Eleven and will be broadcast from South Africa.

While the rumour mill is already in full swing, we’ll have to wait until next year to find out which celebs have signed on for season two.
v1

Another notable newbie coming on Ten next year is a local version of reality series Survivor. Australian Survivor, part docu-soap, part competition, part human drama, will be set on a remote tropical island overseas and Ten promises it will be “big, noisy and exciting family entertainment”.

Also added to the schedule is Long Lost Family, hosted by Anh Do and Chrissie Swan. “An uplifting factual series that reunites mothers, fathers, daughters, sisters and brothers after years of separation.”

Based on the award-winning UK format, Long Lost Family will “take viewers through the complex, emotional and often painful process of reuniting people who have been lost to each other, sometimes for decades.”

This means Chrissie Swan, who emerged as runner-up on I’m A Celeb last season, will be a busy woman in 2016. The TV and radio personality was recently named co-host of Nova’s revamped breakfast radio show in Melbourne along with Sam Pang and Jonathan Brown, and she will also return to co-host Spelling Bee with Grant Denyer.

All Star Family Feud will be coming to Ten in 2016, capitalising on the success of the Grant Denyer-hosted Family Feud. Denyer will also host the new series, which will run in addition to his regular game show six nights a week.

All Star is tipped to feature anyone from politicians, to pop stars, to football players and fashion icons, all competing for cash prizes for their favourite charities.

Ten will also air two new dramas, the first being the Peter Brock telemovie, starring everyone’s favourite TV heart-throb, Matthew Le Nevez.

Steve Bisley, Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Brendan Cowell and Ella Scott Lynch will also appear in Brock.

One surprise of the night was the announcement of brand new drama, The Wrong Girl, based on the 2014 book by Zoe Foster Blake. From the writers of The Secret Life Of Us, The Wrong Girl will star Aussie golden girl Jessica Marais in the lead role of Lily.

Returning local content in 2016 will include the eighth season of MasterChef, with George Calombaris, Gary Mehigan and Matt Preston all back for more, and Nigella Lawson announced as a new guest chef.

Also back is The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, hosted again by Osher Gunsberg, Shark Tank, hosted again by Sarah Harris, Gogglebox, Have You Been Paying Attention, The Living Room, The Great Australian Spelling Bee, Territory Cops, Bondi Rescue and Bondi Vet.

The sixth season of beloved drama Offspring will also finally make a return to our screens — hooray!

Noticeably absent from the list of returning shows is TBL: Families, which has struggled in the ratings this season, despite the added interest of celebrity trainers Michelle Bridges and Steve ‘Commando’ Willis expecting their first child together.

New overseas content includes the six-part television event of The X Files, new US series American Crime Story, starring John Travolta, new comedy Life In Pieces, starring James Brolin and Dianne Wiest and US legal comedy series The Grinder, starring Rob Lowe.

Returning overseas content includes NCIS and its spin-offs NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans, Modern Family, Madam Secretary, Law & Order: SVU, CSI: Cyber, Scorpion, The Good Wife, Limitless, The Graham Norton Show and more.

Network Ten Chief Programming Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Content that lives on all

screens is at the heart of our business. In 2016 we will continue to introduce innovative,

contemporary content with mass appeal that our viewers can engage with in multiple ways

on numerous platforms.

“For several years now, our strategy has been to encourage people to enjoy our content anywhere, at any time and on any device. That will remain our mantra in 2016. It is television as it should be, with our viewers being able to watch our great content whenever they want, wherever they are and however they want.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/enter...your-way-in-2016/story-fnihmoiz-1227615951132

iview now has live streaming of ABC1 as of today too.

Are you watching the leftovers?

Also have to agree about Fargo, I'm a few episodes behind, loving bear ( Tod Sampson :woot:) and Carl weathers.

I started with the Leftovers but dropped it. I've been seeing some praise for it lately though. Maybe I jumped off too early.

Tod Sampson? I think you mean Angus Sampson. To get a role in this show with so many great actors is a real win for him. He was great in last weeks episode.

I started with the Leftovers but dropped it. I've been seeing some praise for it lately though. Maybe I jumped off too early.

Tod Sampson? I think you mean Angus Sampson. To get a role in this show with so many great actors is a real win for him. He was great in last weeks episode.
Season 2 of the leftovers has been amazing! Not a bad episode so far, the first few episodes of season 1 were very bleak, but the last 5 or so episodes of S1 were great television. I highly suggest you give it another shot.

Yeah I did mean Angus Sampson, always get those 2 confused in my mind. Hopefully fargo is the start of a long and successful American acting career for Angus, loved him in 100 bloody acers and Gallipoli.

Back