Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

LOL when I first read your post, I thought that there were too many ads on, whilst you were watching the show and everytime they went to an ad break they played RIO - HAHAHAHAHA - I am watching it atm and thought - I haven't heard 'RIO' yet - then it dawned on me, it must have been the ADS Promoting the show! LOL

Anyway, I am actually enjoying this show :)

Glad you are enjoying it. The ads promoting the show seemed to be on in every commercial break during everything I watched on channel 7 in the past month, and it totally put me off watching it, it was total overkill.

Yay!!!!!!!!

Asher Keddie and Kat Stewart are signed for a sixth season of Offspring to air on Channel 10 in 2016
September 20, 2015 5:15am
Colin VickeryNational TV WriterNews Corp Australia Network

Offspring finale is a tearjerker
external

origin:video_integrator.I4bjZobzoDOx56UnoU1xBUmoSkQJLn7W

NINA Proudman is back! Channel 10 has announced that a sixth season of Offspring is set to screen in 2016.

Asher Keddie, who plays Nina, and Kat Stewart, who plays Nina’s sister Billie, have already signed for the upcoming series.

It is believed that Ten is hoping for the return of all the hit Aussie drama’s main cast members, including Patrick Brammall as Nina’s new love, Leo Taylor.

Other Stories
‘I’m going to die tomorrow’

Springboks shamed after Japan ‘miracle’

You thought things couldn’t get worse for Tony

Alfie: My struggle with gambling

He earns more than Obama, guess where he works
v1

3c5bf6f315d81098809290ce88fd1721

Returning ... Asher Keddie and Kat Stewart have signed for a sixth season of Offspring. Picture: Channel Ten
But Keddie has hinted that Nina’s relationship with Leo might not be happily-ever-after.

Offspring has been on hiatus for more than 18 months, with most fans believing it would never return.

Keddie says she never gave up hope of playing Nina again.

“For the last 18 months it has niggled at me that we possibly weren’t quite finished,” Keddie says.

“I certainly wasn’t sick of playing Nina when we ended the fifth season. I knew that if the conversation came up (about a sixth season) I would most certainly be open to it.”

During the show’s hiatus, Keddie became a mum, with the birth of baby son, Valentino, to husband Vincent Fantauzzo. She also starred in political drama Party Tricks alongside Rodger Corser.

618cb646ead2936d6fbab6c2f237097c

Can’t let her go ... Australia fell in love with Nina Proudman played by Asher Keddie. Picture: Supplied.
Many Offspring fans felt that the season five finale wrapped up most of the main storylines in a tidy package.

Nina, bringing up daughter Zoe, decided to jump into a relationship with Leo. That was a happy ending after the turmoil of losing partner Patrick Reid (Matthew Le Nevez) in season four. Billie and Mick (Eddie Perfect) were reunited.

Keddie and the show’s writers have already begun plotting the sixth season.

“I feel really energised by the story ideas — there are some rippers,” Keddie says. “It (relationship with Leo) was another stage in Nina’s life … but I never felt 100 per cent sure that it was the be-all and end-all.

“Nina is never fully satisfied. She has that sort of personality. I think that gives us scope to move her journey along further.”

The announcement of a sixth season of Offspring is a boost for Ten. The show was averaging around one million viewers per episode across series five.

b6a7b9fcd97b653e6051b381185854b0

Branching out ... Rodger Corser as David McLeod and Asher Keddie as Kate Ballard in TV series Party Tricks.
“It is no secret that we wanted to continue Nina’s adventures,” Ten program chief Beverley McGarvey says.

“We paused her story just as she had bravely navigated motherhood as a single parent rediscovering the joy and romance of life, while dealing with her fabulously messy family.”

Stewart admits that she had given up hope of ever filming a sixth season of Offspring.

“We could have left it after series five — the writers did such a good job (but) I’m so excited to get another chance,” Stewart says. “Billie is one of the most rewarding characters I’ve ever played and I love working with Asher.”

Keddie knows the pressure is on to create a sixth season of Offspring that is every bit as good as the previous five.

“That is the challenge,” Keddie says. “Balancing the drama with the flashbacks and the fantasy element gives us great scope to push ourselves.”

Offspring hit a brick wall at the end of season five when it reached 65 episodes, the cut off point for Government tax rebates. That meant a 30 per cent cost hike.

Oh my. What is this 800 Words show currently on 7? I like most Australian dramas or at least give them a chance but this is sooo cheesy and generally crappy, it reminds me of a school play. It must be the NZ influence :p

OH NO!! WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE THIS - Deadasdisco

Nine auditioning for next renovation series
September 29th, 2015 By David Knox 8 commentsFiled under: News,

With no new series of The Block officially confirmed, Nine is now casting for “the next great renovation show.”

The untitled project is seeking couples / family teams or friends over the age of 18 with a sense of humour, who are available for a shooting period from December to the end of January 2016.

The series is understood to be produced by Watercress Productions, and features Block talent including host Scott Cam.

Previous home renovation experience is not required from applicants.

TV Tonight understands the show will be seeking interest from the public to provide properties for use in the show, which also formed the basis of Reno Rumble earlier this year.

If Nine has no obvious property in readiness for another season of The Block, then green-lighting another season of Reno Rumble could logically take its place.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/09/nine-auditioning-for-next-renovation-series.html

OH NO!! WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE THIS - Deadasdisco

Nine auditioning for next renovation series
September 29th, 2015 By David Knox 8 commentsFiled under: News,

With no new series of The Block officially confirmed, Nine is now casting for “the next great renovation show.”

The untitled project is seeking couples / family teams or friends over the age of 18 with a sense of humour, who are available for a shooting period from December to the end of January 2016.

The series is understood to be produced by Watercress Productions, and features Block talent including host Scott Cam.

Previous home renovation experience is not required from applicants.

TV Tonight understands the show will be seeking interest from the public to provide properties for use in the show, which also formed the basis of Reno Rumble earlier this year.

If Nine has no obvious property in readiness for another season of The Block, then green-lighting another season of Reno Rumble could logically take its place.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/09/nine-auditioning-for-next-renovation-series.html

Oh no. Well that's silly, why replace one renovating show with another?

Is Offspring as good as Seachange @delcan?
Surely you would like Nina? Blonde, a bit self obsessed and a bit crazy?
Oh my. What is this 800 Words show currently on 7? I like most Australian dramas or at least give them a chance but this is sooo cheesy and generally crappy, it reminds me of a school play. It must be the NZ influence :p
I caught a few brief snippets and agree it did look cheesy. Also reminded me of Sea Change, sort of.

I actually really like this show - reminds me of where I am at - where I am from and where I can head :)

From the little Ive seen so far they are making the NZers out to be stupid and cliched ... its also a little bit Packed to the Rafters as well as SeaChange .... cant it have its own formula? Do we have to settle for more of the same?
I guess that's why I look forward to Offspring returning to our screens

I watched “Scream Queens” on channel 11 the other night and couldn’t stop laughing. It’s basically “Mean Girls” on acid. Emma Robert’s character is hilariously wicked and her one liners, floored me.:roflmao:

I watched “Scream Queens” on channel 11 the other night and couldn’t stop laughing. It’s basically “Mean Girls” on acid. Emma Robert’s character is hilariously wicked and her one liners, floored me.:roflmao:

And there's Nick Jonas too.

ed2305b7.png

Please get rid of Scott Cam. I liked him way back at the start, now he just comes across as a self indulged twat.

I seriously am at the point where everything about him just shits me off. His voice, his mannerisms, his goofy grin, his constantly red face. Why is it always red?

Back