Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

NCIS!

images

EXPLOSIONS

images

What a cool show. Got to love this show. Or not. Your call. I can't tell you what to do. Anyway, point is i like this show.

!4

What is it about? I've seen this show mentioned in various place over the interwebz a lot latley....
You're always up to date with the latest shows on tv so it's surprising that there is one you haven't heard of yet (until recently) let alone watched. :tongue:

It's from the USA network and it's about a hacker with grandiose plans of bringing down the biggest corporation in the show's fictional universe. Personally I think it's okay, although IMO it spends too much time focusing on the main character's drug addiction and the subsequent withdrawal symptoms (i.e delusions, hallucinations, etc...) he suffers from. *yaaaaaaawn*

I kinda tuned out when there was an entire episode dedicated to it, almost fell asleep tbh. :rolleyes: At this point I think it's uncertain whether the hallucinations/delusions he suffers from are wholly due to this drug taking or if an undiagnosed mental health condition also contributes. Anyway it's a good show (7/10) but wouldn't go as far as some of the critics who've poured heaps of praise on it as it isn't without its flaws.

You're always up to date with the latest shows on tv so it's surprising that there is one you haven't heard of yet (until recently) let alone watched. :tongue:

It's from the USA network and it's about a hacker with grandiose plans of bringing down the biggest corporation in the show's fictional universe. Personally I think it's okay, although IMO it spends too much time focusing on the main character's drug addiction and the subsequent withdrawal symptoms (i.e delusions, hallucinations, etc...) he suffers from. *yaaaaaaawn*

I kinda tuned out when there was an entire episode dedicated to it, almost fell asleep tbh. :rolleyes: At this point I think it's uncertain whether the hallucinations/delusions he suffers from are wholly due to this drug taking or if an undiagnosed mental health condition also contributes. Anyway it's a good show (7/10) but wouldn't go as far as some of the critics who've poured heaps of praise on it as it isn't without its flaws.
I've been having trouble recently keeping up with all my current shows, screw trying to add more TV shows to my currently viewing list.... I think I'm like 3 episodes behind on Hannibal.... I had to give up on the strain.... Partly because I don't have time, but mostly because it is not a good show...:p There is just not enough time anymore to watch everything.

Thanks for the mini review tho.. I guess if I came across the pilot on foxtel or the show ends up on Netflix I'll check it out, but yeah cbf chasing it down by other means....;)

I actually prefer The Strain to Mr Robot. :shamefully: Sure it has its weak moments, there's a lot of padding to churn out the required 12 episodes per season and although it's hardly an original groundbreaking plot I genuinely care about where the writes are heading next .

Whereas with Mr Robot given how the finale concluded (won't reveal any spoilers) I'm still uncertain what Season 2 will be about and I can't say that I'm overly excited about it either. Mr Robot comes across as a tad pretentious without actually pulling off it's lofty aims. But it looks like I might be in the minority in having that opinion.

On a side note, one of the 'baddies' is a dead ringer for the douchebag ryan and a psychopath to boot!

mrrobot_person_martin.jpg

Last edited:
On a side note, one of the 'baddies' is a dead ringer for the douchebag ryan and a psychopath to boot!

Ha, he is too.

I did have a few concerns about Mr. Robot and yes, where they are going to take the show in season 2. But I really enjoyed most of it, I'd give a 9. I thought it was great visually, though I get some people don't like they shoot it. I think it adds to the sense that we are viewing most of what we see as does Elliot, in a kind of disconnected manner.

I actually prefer The Strain to Mr Robot. :shamefully: Sure it has its weak moments, there's a lot of padding to churn out the required 12 episodes per season and although it's hardly an original groundbreaking plot I genuinely care about where the writes are heading next .

Whereas with Mr Robot given how the finale concluded (won't reveal any spoilers) I'm still uncertain what Season 2 will be about and I can't say that I'm overly excited about it either. Mr Robot comes across as a tad pretentious without actually pulling off it's lofty aims. But it looks like I might be in the minority in having that opinion.

Damn, he does look like rich bully Ryan.

So Ash came third and Matt second. Emma did a good job too, I think it's just that on this show you need a connection with the celebrity, and I still don't really know who Emma is. Ash was fabulous on MKR, and I met Matt Mitcham at his book signing, I was there for a few hours and he was lovely to everyone.

Has anyone seen "House of Anubis" on ABC3? It's supposed to be a soap opera for teens. Each episode only goes for ten minutes.

It is so bad yet I can't stop watching. I hope ABC3 can repeat the show from the beginning so I can watch it properly.

Turns out that Mr Robot is/was on foxtel... Well its on foxtel go... Tuesday I went to watch fear the walking dead, turns out it was not on this week and what do I see, all of season 1 of Mr Robot :woot: I watched the first 2 eps, loved it... I like that it is actually filmed in NYC, no Canadian NY for this show. The narration works for me, especially because the main character is a little off and the dexter like hacking and exposing of the bad evil people also works for me. Can't wait to finish the season... I see so much potential after the first 2 episodes oh and Christian Slater :woot: love him from True Romance.

Has anyone seen "House of Anubis" on ABC3? It's supposed to be a soap opera for teens. Each episode only goes for ten minutes.

It is so bad yet I can't stop watching. I hope ABC3 can repeat the show from the beginning so I can watch it properly.

What's it about? Is it as good as Corrie?

The final series of the This is England franchise, This is England '90, begins Sunday night here in the UK. Can't wait - after all we've been waiting 4 years since the last series and it's easily one of the best dramas of the decade, although is an incredibly tough watch at times. It's rare though for a series to do laugh out loud comedy and shockingly devasting drama so well.

Is anyone else NOT watching The Boy Next Door because of the ads? I actually wouldn't have minded it, but the constant ads with THOSE bloody songs has completely turned me off it. When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I GO TO RIO.... Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Is anyone else NOT watching The Boy Next Door because of the ads? I actually wouldn't have minded it, but the constant ads with THOSE bloody songs has completely turned me off it. When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I GO TO RIO.... Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

LOL when I first read your post, I thought that there were too many ads on, whilst you were watching the show and everytime they went to an ad break they played RIO - HAHAHAHAHA - I am watching it atm and thought - I haven't heard 'RIO' yet - then it dawned on me, it must have been the ADS Promoting the show! LOL

Anyway, I am actually enjoying this show :)

Back