Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Beautiful.

If your definition of beautiful is ripping black eggs out of a gigantic fish, or perhaps finely shaved lumps of fungus is more to your taste.
I thought the revelation was the twat in the purple suit feeding garbage lines while holding his wineglass like a ponce, and selling a truffle hunting experience to clueless rich people. I lost count of how many times he took credit for all the exclusive access he was providing for 4K pounds a head.

Did anybody watch the doco about uranium?
It had Chernobyl and Fukushima, kind of creepy seeing things just left that way.
We really need to look at alternatives, it feels like we shouldn't be messing with this stuff.

It had Chernobyl and Fukushima, kind of creepy seeing things just left that way.
We really need to look at alternatives, it feels like we shouldn't be messing with this stuff.
What's this doco called?

Totally agree about finding a safer energy source, that 2 spots on this planet that we have fucked up now. I really hope we don't screw up anymore places on this planet like that.

@Inigo Montoya I'm pretty sure @sorceress86 is talking about "Uranium: Twisting the Dragon's Tail" it was aired on SBS in three parts, unfortunately SBS has pulled the first part off On Demand. You can also get it from "other locations" in two parts, it aired on PBS in the US as well.

I haven't seen the last part yet but the first two parts were good and I enjoyed watching Derek Muller from Veritasium present it.

@Inigo Montoya I'm pretty sure @sorceress86 is talking about "Uranium: Twisting the Dragon's Tail" it was aired on SBS in three parts, unfortunately SBS has pulled the first part off On Demand. You can also get it from "other locations" in two parts, it aired on PBS in the US as well.

I haven't seen the last part yet but the first two parts were good and I enjoyed watching Derek Muller from Veritasium present it.
Cheers, thanks for that. I'll definitely be able to find it somewhere... I'm good like that :wink:

Doesn't Australia have like lots of uranium?

Doesn't Australia have like lots of uranium?
Actually, I'm not sure!

Thanks @Reaper yes I've been watching it the past few weeks, we just don't understand enough about what we're handling here.
Chernobyl won't be accessible for like 20, 000 years and then he said something about how long Uranium has a shelf life of and it was billions of years.
Blew my mind!

I was watching docos on youtube a few weeks ago about Earth and only now found out about coal's beginnings, apparently they stopped teaching where coal comes from in the late 80s, I find that suss!

Actually, I'm not sure!

Thanks @Reaper yes I've been watching it the past few weeks, we just don't understand enough about what we're handling here.
Chernobyl won't be accessible for like 20, 000 years and then he said something about how long Uranium has a shelf life of and it was billions of years.
Blew my mind!

I was watching docos on youtube a few weeks ago about Earth and only now found out about coal's beginnings, apparently they stopped teaching where coal comes from in the late 80s, I find that suss!

I just looked it up. We have like someothing of 40 percent of the world's uranium.

Watching the new Netflix show Narcos and guess who is in it? The red viper from GOT.
So far the show is great, I love shows based on real people and set in the past.

0.jpg

@ Channel Nine. Wonder how they are going to fill programming now

Nine loses The Big Bang Theory to Seven

an hour ago
CHARLOTTE WILLISnews.com.au
adaf9d5f5c16ddfbd4ddde2b86a8a661

The Big Bang Theory is heading to Channel 7.
IN A big win for Channel 7, the network has secured the free-to-air rights to the first seven seasons of The Big Bang Theory.

Seven confirmed the deal today, taking the popular US sitcom away from rival Nine, which has held the rights to the replays for the past several years.

Seven plans to roll out seasons one to seven, comprising 159 episodes, on its main channel and digital channel 7mate from October. It will take the rights to season eight in 2016.

v1

The Big Bang Theory provides demographic certainty for Seven. It will ensure we have Australia’s biggest digital channels and will give 7mate unprecedented demographic dominance,” Seven head of programming Angus Ross said.

Nine will retain the rights to new episodes of The Big Bang Theory, including its upcoming ninth season, set to premiere on September 21 in the US.

The CBS comedy has been a massive hit for Nine, which has relied on airing episodes as a gap-filler during non-ratings periods and during prime time slots when local content underperforms.

The network has already aired 150 hours of The Big Bang Theory this year.

The rights for the series have been effectively up for grabs since Nine pulled back on its output deal with Warner Bros studio.

But what are nein going to use to fill out the schedule?????

I'm putting my money on cheap docos from channel 5 in the UK, you know shows like benefits britian...etc....

I can think of a locally produced reality show they could screen - they could even screen more content and live content. It is fairly cheap to make as well. and there is still a house on the Gold Coast they can film it at.

Sorry, a girl can dream, can't she?

0.jpg

@ Channel Nine. Wonder how they are going to fill programming now

Nine loses The Big Bang Theory to Seven

an hour ago
CHARLOTTE WILLISnews.com.au
adaf9d5f5c16ddfbd4ddde2b86a8a661

The Big Bang Theory is heading to Channel 7.
IN A big win for Channel 7, the network has secured the free-to-air rights to the first seven seasons of The Big Bang Theory.

Seven confirmed the deal today, taking the popular US sitcom away from rival Nine, which has held the rights to the replays for the past several years.

Seven plans to roll out seasons one to seven, comprising 159 episodes, on its main channel and digital channel 7mate from October. It will take the rights to season eight in 2016.

v1

The Big Bang Theory provides demographic certainty for Seven. It will ensure we have Australia’s biggest digital channels and will give 7mate unprecedented demographic dominance,” Seven head of programming Angus Ross said.

Nine will retain the rights to new episodes of The Big Bang Theory, including its upcoming ninth season, set to premiere on September 21 in the US.

The CBS comedy has been a massive hit for Nine, which has relied on airing episodes as a gap-filler during non-ratings periods and during prime time slots when local content underperforms.

The network has already aired 150 hours of The Big Bang Theory this year.

The rights for the series have been effectively up for grabs since Nine pulled back on its output deal with Warner Bros studio.

Suck shit channel 9. That's literally half their program. They have been playing some food related docos lately I've noticed so maybe you're right with your prediction of future scheduling.

We just need the new series of The Block to tank!

Oh I responded in the new thread about this, probably belongs here.

I have read that they are spending lots of money in live sport, I hope they also invest in some more locally produced dramas. U.S. Sitcoms are too easy to come by via streaming sites now.

Our networks need to shift strategy with the declining ratings in stripped reality formats.

Back