Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Okey-dokey.

Well my year of tv was The Bill, Coronation St, Eastenders, Midsomer Murders, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Happy Days, House of Cards, MASH, Murder She Wrote, Columbo, and Poirot.

What did I watch this year?

Elementary
House of Cards
Person of Interest
The Walking Dead
Hannibal
The Book Club
Have You Been Paying Attention?
Masterchef Australia
Orphan Black
Whose Line is it Anyway?
Penny Dreadful
Mad Men
Game of Thrones
Would I Lie to You?
12 Monkeys
Better Call Saul
Grantchester
Inside Amy Schumer
Wayward Pines
Sens8
Dark Matter
Partners in Crime
Glitch
Top of the Lake

not including things I dip into occasionally, and probably a few other things I've forgotten about, or haven't committed to, or won't readily admit to.

Seems a lot. I think I may need to cut down.

What did I watch this year?

Elementary
House of Cards
Person of Interest
The Walking Dead
Hannibal
The Book Club
Have You Been Paying Attention?
Masterchef Australia
Orphan Black
Whose Line is it Anyway?
Penny Dreadful
Mad Men
Game of Thrones
Would I Lie to You?
12 Monkeys
Better Call Saul
Grantchester
Inside Amy Schumer
Wayward Pines
Sens8
Dark Matter
Partners in Crime
Glitch
Top of the Lake

not including things I dip into occasionally, and probably a few other things I've forgotten about, or haven't committed to, or won't readily admit to.

Seems a lot. I think I may need to cut down.

What was your favourite show out of that?

Just coz everyone else is doing it...

This year I've watched...
Humans
Misfits
The Great Expectation (love it, Gillian Anderson stole the show IMO)
The Strain
True Detective
Game of Thrones
Veep
Silicon Valley
Penny Dreadful
BBUK
Masterchef
The Bachelor
The Americans
Sense8
Bloodline
Survivor
Better Call Saul
The 100
....hmmm trying to think right now...

Orphan Black
Top of the lake
All of Mad Men
Hannibal
The walking dead (looking forward to the spin off)
House of Cards
Masters of Sex...

And plenty of more on Netflix... I'm like a few episodes into halt and catch fire and the code... Not sure if I can be bothered finishing them off.
I know this list looks huge, but sometimes all my shows would air on the Monday and it would take me a whole week to get to them all.

I wasn't all that captivated by the first episode of humans. It had an odd vibe and pacing for me.

What's the strain about?
Oh really, well I liked it especially because the show is exploring the how the younger generation will act with robots taking away their futures. Can't wait to watch episode 2.

What was your favourite show out of that?

Oh I'm kind of smitten with Penny Dreadful. Reading back over the list, I was a bit surprised how much I liked Grantchester. Judging by your list you might enjoy it. English period crime series where the sleuth is the new vicar.

Oh I'm kind of smitten with Penny Dreadful. Reading back over the list, I was a bit surprised how much I liked Grantchester. Judging by your list you might enjoy it. English period crime series where the sleuth is the new vicar.

Just looked it up. You are right. I would enjoy it.

Just coz everyone else is doing it...

This year I've watched...
Humans
Misfits
The Great Expectation (love it, Gillian Anderson stole the show IMO)
The Strain
True Detective
Game of Thrones
Veep
Silicon Valley
Penny Dreadful
BBUK
Masterchef
The Bachelor
The Americans
Sense8
Bloodline
Survivor
Better Call Saul
The 100
....hmmm trying to think right now...

Orphan Black
Top of the lake
All of Mad Men
Hannibal
The walking dead (looking forward to the spin off)
House of Cards
Masters of Sex...

And plenty of more on Netflix... I'm like a few episodes into halt and catch fire and the code... Not sure if I can be bothered finishing them off.
I know this list looks huge, but sometimes all my shows would air on the Monday and it would take me a whole week to get to them all.
Forgot outlander.

Channel 7 at 730pm - Cats make you laugh out loud. Bondi Ink at 830pm on 11. My evening is sorted.

Is anyone else watching abc2? People in animal outfits dating...
I swear the UK puts anything on TV.

xJM1Da.gif

I swear the UK puts anything on TV.
And that is why I love British television. My favorite show over there is OCC obsessive compulsive cleaners, they pair up a clean freak or OCD sufferer and get them to work with a hoarder or really messy person and together they clean and organise the messy persons house. I bloody love that show, I think it is on YouTube.
I would love an Aussie version.

And that is why I love British television. My favorite show over there is OCC obsessive compulsive cleaners, they pair up a clean freak or OCD sufferer and get them to work with a hoarder or really messy person and together they clean and organise the messy persons house. I bloody love that show, I think it is on YouTube.
I would love an Aussie version.
Omg LOL I need to watch that show.

I love the hoarding shows.

Currently watching The L word. Old lesbian drama. Bit soapy but I need to know what happens.

Dipping in and out of sons of anarchy and sense8

I love the hoarding shows.

Currently watching The L word. Old lesbian drama. Bit soapy but I need to know what happens.

Dipping in and out of sons of anarchy and sense8
I'm also trying to get through SOA, currently stuck in season 2, maybe one day I'll revist it. Definitely keep going with Sense8 though, best new show of the year IMO.

Last edited:
Back