Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

That has to be one of the most boring shows to come out of Australia, I thought I was the only one who thought this but obviously other viewers have finally seen the light and stopped watching.

Period dramas certainly ain't my thing!

I've never watched an episode and switch channels when an ad for it comes on. I say 'let the fools have their tartare sauce'.

Bah at all you naysayers you should be devastated! You just don't appreciate good TV unlike @Inigo Montoya and I!

lol I share your problem. It's all good. I'm so over all the crime shows. However I loved Emily Owens MD and the first couple of seasons of Greys. So some medical shows.
But yeah I draw the line at period drama. :p

lol I share your problem. It's all good. I'm so over all the crime shows. However I loved Emily Owens MD and the first couple of seasons of Greys. So some medical shows.
But yeah I draw the line at period drama. :p
Do you count Braodwalk Empire as period drama?

@bleachy_dude do you like historical though i.e. Vikings.

/Side Note - The Magic School Bus is making a return via Netflix! I'll probably catch a few episodes and relive my childhood.

@bleachy_dude do you like historical though i.e. Vikings.

/Side Note - The Magic School Bus is making a return via Netflix! I'll probably catch a few episodes and relive my childhood.
Lol I've recently found the series 'dinosaurs' and reliving my childhood watching some episodes. It's so lame now. Haha.

I haven't watched Vikings. Historical really doesn't do it for me. I didn't even really like Underbelly. Sitcoms, some drama and Sci-Fi (but not overly nerdy, more like Heroes, Walking Dead, True Blood, Vampire Diaries, AHS, Smallville type sci-fi over like Star Trek or whatever) are more my type of shows.

Lol I've recently found the series 'dinosaurs' and reliving my childhood watching some episodes. It's so lame now. Haha.

I haven't watched Vikings. Historical really doesn't do it for me. I didn't even really like Underbelly. Sitcoms, some drama and Sci-Fi (but not overly nerdy, more like Heroes, Walking Dead, True Blood, Vampire Diaries, AHS, Smallville type sci-fi over like Star Trek or whatever) are more my type of shows.
HAHA Sometime I think you might be a 14 year old girl with your Justin love and now I believe it even more because you've said you like the Vampire Diaries.

At the moment the shows I am watching/ following :

Army Wives
Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Big Bang Theory
Walking Dead
House Husbands
Offspring
The 100
House of Card
Orange is the New Black
Wonderland
Resurrection
Under the Dome
Glee
Baby Daddy
Last Man Standing
American Horror Stories
The Middle
Hart of Dixie
New Girl
Revolution
About a Boy
Upper Middle Bogan
True Blood

Reality Staples
Big Brother
The Block
House Rules
The Voice
X Factor
Shark Tank

Planning to Binge Watch:

Brothers and Sisters
Once Upon A Time
Once Upon A Time in Wonderland
Game of Thrones
Entourage
Parks and Recreation
The Returned
Being Human
Arrow
Chicago Fire
Nashville

Recently completed or axed:
Community
How I Met Your Mother
Star Crossed
Enlisted
Futurama
Arrested Development (including new netflix season)
The Neighbors
Surviving Jack

Oh my gosh... You think I was telling you that you needed help >.<

Last edited:
Wow that is an impressive list there @bleachy_dude - how do you find the time for all that TV? I have lots of spare time and even I struggle to fit in all the TV I would like, like I don't mean that to sound patronising, I'm actually impressed.

Ps - I love the Beebs.
Single male, no family :)... You would also be forgiven to think 'no life' but I am surprisingly socially active. That list actually shocks me. I don't know how I do it.

Back