Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

HA looks like there are 2 people here as nerdy as I am :wacky:. Are you watching it on Foxtel or are you a pirate? No spoilers I don't want to piss of @Consuela :)

Yes, girl from the future in a tight fitting suit will usually get me watching. Ah, somehow it finds a way onto my computer. It's a show I'm very conflicted over. At the end of the day, we know Carlos is a good guy, and that's about all.

Just saw an Ad for this during Masterchef. Very interesting .....

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/06/ten-goes-back-to-the-future-with-family-feud-reboot.html

TEN goes back to the future with Family Feud reboot
By David Knox on June 1, 2014 / Filed Under News 76
TEN has confirmed its 6pm entertainment show will be a revival of Family Feud.

The revival from FremantleMedia had been rumoured as late as last year but News Corp reports TEN has signed Grant Denyer as its host.

Both are a surprising move as the network seeks to shore up its numbers against Seven and Nine news bulletins.

Family Feud has a long history on Australian television dating back to 1977, but aside from new hosts and sets has arguably remained an old-fashioned format.

Grant Denyer, who quit Million Dollar Minute citing its “gruelling” schedule is also on record as saying he never “ever wanted to be a game show host.”

Today he tells News Corp “But in my defence, I don’t see this show in the same frame as the usual game show. It’s less formal.”

If Family Feud isn’t a decidedly usual game show, I don’t know what is, Grant.

Even The Rich List managed to take the same concept of audience-survey lists and find a more contemporary way of packaging it. And that was seven years ago.

Denyer, who was last in the news over allegations of drug rehabilitation, says he is pursuing legal action against Woman’s Day magazine, and sees the new show as a “fresh start.”

But this news reeks of a lack of imagination. If this is the best TEN’s brains trust can come up with for 6:00 then it’s probably time to hoist the white flag.

Oh my gosh. An old tired format. With a tired old host.

Who is running ten exactly? I have no media experience whatsoever and I feel I could do a far better job.

Didn't you say you were on the Ten board?
Haha. I wish. I seriously wish.
Seriously.

Channel 10 appealed to me so much growing up. I pretty much only watched 10. Starting with Cheez TV and then as I grew ...
Big Brother (with Up late), Australian Idol, Rove Live, The Panel, Sandra Sully reading the late news, and the list goes on.

I don't know why but it pains my heart to see the current (and previous) management run the station into the ground with seemingly no vision. I fear the day that Australia no longer has 3 commercial networks.

Seriously.

Channel 10 appealed to me so much growing up. I pretty much only watched 10. Starting with Cheez TV and then as I grew ...
Big Brother (with Up late), Australian Idol, Rove Live, The Panel, Sandra Sully reading the late news, and the list goes on.

I don't know why but it pains my heart to see the current (and previous) management run the station into the ground with seemingly no vision. I fear the day that Australia no longer has 3 commercial networks.
I really don't think we have room for 3 commercial networks. With the rise of the internet, multichannel and Foxtel something has to give.

God Denyer was horrible as the host on Million Dollar Minute and I doubt he'll be any better on Family Feud. Is the Aussie version the same as the yank one?

Also I wouldn't be surprise if there was some truth in the whole drug rehab story.

God Denyer was horrible as the host on Million Dollar Minute and I doubt he'll be any better on Family Feud. Is the Aussie version the same as the yank one?

Also I wouldn't be surprise if there was some truth in the whole drug rehab story.
Tell me this guy is not off his head...

I really don't think we have room for 3 commercial networks. With the rise of the internet, multichannel and Foxtel something has to give.
I think this is going to be the reality, unfortunately.

However I actually disagree with the premise. It's a TERRIBLE thing for the competitive tv market to only have 2 commercial players. If it is going down the drain then just relax the ownership laws and let Murdoch take over Ten and rebrand it as Fox10 or whatever. Far better than just losing it altogether. And probably far better than current management.[DOUBLEPOST=1401626625][/DOUBLEPOST]

^ this! Exactly.

He couldn't handle the MDM "grueling" schedule.

He doesn't have to worry though, it's not going to last long.

I feel like I'm reading a prank media release.

Holy shiiiiiiitttttttttt dude is off his fucking face, it's giving me flashbacks to Coachella!

No doubt he got hooked on pills from his back injury and spiralled from there.
Maybe he left 7 because of the drugs, got clean and now wants to work on TV again and Ten were the only network to be interested in him.

Maybe he left 7 because of the drugs, got clean and now wants to work on TV again and Ten were the only network to be interested in him.

Maybe, especially if the crap comes out with his lawsuit the other channels might not want to deal with it. Is going back into television really the best thing to do if he is clean and wants to stay that way though?

Maybe, especially if the crap comes out with his lawsuit the other channels might not want to deal with it. Is going back into television really the best thing to do if he is clean and wants to stay that way though?
Probably not... He won't be on for long anyway.

Seriously.

There was a time when the only commercial tv I watched was 10. They still have some great programs, too. The Good Wife is great and so is Modern Family. 24 could be a goer, too. Honestly, why don't they rate on 10? I'm sure they would on 9 or 7. It's baffling.

Is the Aussie version the same as the yank one?

The 'Murica version can actually be pretty freaking hilarious. However that is due to the host, comedian, Steve Harvey.

Grant can be a good host. He did a good job on It Takes Two and AGT. He wasn't even that bad on Slide Show. But he absolutely bombed out on MDM. Maybe it was the drugs but I just feel like he is over TV.

They axed 150 from their news team, including such talent as Nuala Hafner, Matt Doran, Hermione Kitson and Natarsha Belling amongst others to commission this crap with that host.

Heads will roll!

There was a time when the only commercial tv I watched was 10. They still have some great programs, too. The Good Wife is great and so is Modern Family. 24 could be a goer, too. Honestly, why don't they rate on 10? I'm sure they would on 9 or 7. It's baffling.

The Good Wife is probably the best show on 10. This season has been amazing.

The 'Murica version can actually be pretty freaking hilarious. However that is due to the host, comedian, Steve Harvey.

Grant can be a good host. He did a good job on It Takes Two and AGT. He wasn't even that bad on Slide Show. But he absolutely bombed out on MDM. Maybe it was the drugs but I just feel like he is over TV.

They axed 150 from their news team, including such talent as Nuala Hafner, Matt Doran, Hermione Kitson and Natarsha Belling amongst others to commission this crap with that host.

Heads will roll!

Yeah I've seen snippets of it on YouTube and didn't mind it. I don't really know where 10 should head, but even I know this isn't the right direction.

Back