Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

It's so good isn't it? The entire cast is excellent, but particularly Jamal and Cookie who is a QUEEN OF LIFE.
I love almost everything about it.
It's really just a well disguised soapie, but the storylines are just so addictive. The music is high quality. The characters are so well developed and interesting. Even the characters that you hate, you love.

Wait until you finish season 2 mid season and we can chat about my favourite song / scene.

Can someone else please watch Making A Murderer on Netflix? I want to talk about it. It's about this guy who went to jail for 18 years for a crime he didn't commit. He was released on DNA evidence. And then it gets really interesting. DO NOT google once you start watching this. Lock the doors, turn off the lights, and just binge

I finished it yesterday, and am still blown away. The only show in a long time that has made me yell at the screen. So well done!

I finished it yesterday, and am still blown away. The only show in a long time that has made me yell at the screen. So well done!

It is unbelievable - and this was a high profile case. It probably happens all the time to other people and no one knows about it.

It is unbelievable - and this was a high profile case. It probably happens all the time to other people and no one knows about it.

For sure. It was such an eye-opener. Whether you think he’s guilty or innocent, the real story is the criminal justice system.

The scenes with Brendan were the hardest for me to watch: wanting to know if they’d be much longer because he had a project due (bless him), not knowing what ‘inconsistent’ meant etc.

I have such respect for Steve’s trial lawyers. Not only were they hard-working and brilliant, but really showed heart.

It’s hard to say much (because spoilers), but I’ve already recommended it to friends to watch ( I need to talk about it! Lol).

For sure. It was such an eye-opener. Whether you think he’s guilty or innocent, the real story is the criminal justice system.

The scenes with Brendan were the hardest for me to watch: wanting to know if they’d be much longer because he had a project due (bless him), not knowing what ‘inconsistent’ meant etc.

I have such respect for Steve’s trial lawyers. Not only were they hard-working and brilliant, but really showed heart.

It’s hard to say much (because spoilers), but I’ve already recommended it to friends to watch ( I need to talk about it! Lol).

I do feel bad the victims's family - this probably isn't easy for them and seeing all the issues with system would be really distressing when it is about their loved one. But I do think it is a story that needed to be shared.

Can someone else please watch Making A Murderer on Netflix? I want to talk about it. It's about this guy who went to jail for 18 years for a crime he didn't commit. He was released on DNA evidence. And then it gets really interesting. DO NOT google once you start watching this. Lock the doors, turn off the lights, and just binge
I tried but just could not get into it at all and wasn't willing to commit to a 10 hour documentary.

I really do think though this is the sort of thing where Netflix's strategy of releasing all episode at once really pays off - had it been on TV I bet it would have been hit by court injunctions and probably pulled after a couple of weeks.

I watched the whole thing twice in two weeks. So good!

I have wasted so many countless hours on the sub reddit for it. Now that also makes me scream when I see idiots dicussing it. Most are not. Even worse the media personalities and out lets reporting on the show getting it all wrong. Repeating Kratz's bullshit, trying to paint it as if Steven is guilty. DID THEY LEARN NOTHING FROM THE DOCO?

If this place was more populated, I'm sure there'd be a good thread on it.

I watched the whole thing twice in two weeks. So good!

I have wasted so many countless hours on the sub reddit for it. Now that also makes me scream when I see idiots dicussing it. Most are not. Even worse the media personalities and out lets reporting on the show getting it all wrong. Repeating Kratz's bullshit, trying to paint it as if Steven is guilty. DID THEY LEARN NOTHING FROM THE DOCO?

If this place was more populated, I'm sure there'd be a good thread on it.

I'm slowly trying to lure people in around here! Kratz was a joke!

Channel 9 has launched 9now (app and website) where you can live stream the main channel, with other channels to follow. Seems to running in conjunction with jumpin on the web for the moment, but the jumpin app has completely switched over with last update.

This leaves only ten and SBS not livestreaming their mian channel.

This looks interesting. Anyone here read the book?

Yeah, it was long, with more information about the life of Lee Harvey Oswald than you ever wanted to know. As implied by the trailer the guy will have to spend over three years in the 1960s waiting for the big day. Anyway, I'll guess they'll chop most of the irrelevant research King chose not to when he published the book. Anyway don't let that put you off, I'll be checking it out.

Bye bye 9 jumpin.
Channel 9 has launched 9now (app and website) where you can live stream the main channel, with other channels to follow. Seems to running in conjunction with jumpin on the web for the moment, but the jumpin app has completely switched over with last update.

This leaves only ten and SBS not livestreaming their mian channel.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453887194][/DOUBLEPOST]I've watched the first 7 episodes of Making a Murderer.

I've never been a huge fan of documentaries, but this thing is gripping.

Bye bye 9 jumpin.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453887194][/DOUBLEPOST]I've watched the first 7 episodes of Making a Murderer.

I've never been a huge fan of documentaries, but this thing is gripping.

It is! You can't look away! It's so hard to not say spoilers!

Have you watched it yet @jessy_girl!

Back