Skip to main content

Tahan VS Mikkayla

No I can't really relate to any of these house mates because I think that we aren't given a full enough picture of who they really are, the reality of it is we would be lucky to see 20% of what goes on in the house and even then it would be ridiculous to think that most of the house mates aren't purposely trying to portray themselves as different people to who they actually are. So why would you assume that you could relate to them at all, there's nothing to say that drew for an example could be a white supremacist in his spare time your judging people based on such a tiny sample of their personality they are trying to impress the voting public the producers of big brother have their own agenda and all of that adds up to not being able to make any judgement on these people what's so ever.

stedyedy was ashamed of his post instead of being proud of it and surgically altered the eye lids of the post...

Yep and all those people who were on here arguing against people like me, calling us names for saying this is what it was about.

I bet they'll come back now and ignore or, or acknowledge it and despite it's what we were saying at the time it was about. They'll claim it was about something else.

Mikk just admitted she hates being asian. Tahan was 100% correct in calling her out.

Just because someone said they hate being Asian doesn't make them racist. I'm a Chinese male, and honestly, I wish I was a different race, and I really hate being Asian. People just immediately stereotype you about your personality, physical capability, language and speech. Not to mention the large amount of bullying you'll get from other race. It's not easy being an Asian in a country where English is the primary spoken language. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is I don't like being Asian, but that doesn't mean I'm Racist.

She seems to have a problem with being Asian though and she has made fun of accents at various different times so I was just wondering. Interesting though if Tahan imitates someone people say she is the devil, but if Mikk does it it's apparently all just fine.
I would say Mikkayla does it for the same reason someone like Rebel Wilson constantly makes fun of her weight. You get in there before others do because it takes away another person's power to hurt you if you're in on the joke. And after hearing her talk tonight about people questioning if she could even speak English, I suspect it also has to do with trying to fit in with the group. I also didn't have a problem with Tahan doing it... not because she's 1/10th Asian or whatever she said but because I could see neither her nor Mikkayla meant it maliciously. Just like I wouldn't judge an Indian comic who puts on an Aussie ocker accent for example.

I wonder why she does Asian accents for comic effect?

It's a coping mechanism. You know how people sometime mock somethign that they don't like, just to comfort themselves, and tell everyone that they know they have this problem.

For example, I am runt, I'm small and bone thin, it's something I'm not proud of. Whenever, I meet people, I often make a joke about how wind can blow me over because I'm too weak to let people know that I know my issues, and I'm cool with it so don't talk about it (even though I'm not).

I agree. Correct me if I'm wrong though but originally I got the impression they were just play fighting but them Mikkayla started crying (about her weight). Then Tahan did the "guess who I am" because frankly she and many others are sick and tired of Mikkayla going on about her weight. Then Tahan apologised to Mikkayla who didn't really seem to think an apology was needed.
Agreed. I thought it seemed to start out playfully as they both had grins on their faces, then it escalated and got out of hand.

I noticed that none of the housemates were really laughing at Tahan's skit...not even Tully, which may indicate they thought Tahan was the one more in the wrong through the eyes of people who saw it all go down...? i dunno.
Tahan seemed to be the only one who thought it was funny apart from an awkward/polite chuckle from Jade.

I read somewhere that Tahan does not drink Alcohol.
That would make sense. On late night feast last night, Lucy (I think) pulled a bottle out of the ice bucket and said "Tahan, you can drink this" and Tahan said something like "oh I thought it was vodka"

It's difficult to really get a full view of things anyway with the editing. Some things are highlighted and other things aren't.

the one time mikkayla gets to host dinner and the theme is japanese? lol

Why didn't they go just go korean then? producers thought "fuck it, close enough"

Just because someone said they hate being Asian doesn't make them racist. I'm a Chinese male, and honestly, I wish I was a different race, and I really hate being Asian. People just immediately stereotype you about your personality, physical capability, language and speech. Not to mention the large amount of bullying you'll get from other race. It's not easy being an Asian in a country where English is the primary spoken language. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is I don't like being Asian, but that doesn't mean I'm Racist.

See my other comment about people ignoring the context of what Tahan was saying.

No I can't really relate to any of these house mates because I think that we aren't given a full enough picture of who they really are, the reality of it is we would be lucky to see 20% of what goes on in the house and even then it would be ridiculous to think that most of the house mates aren't purposely trying to portray themselves as different people to who they actually are. So why would you assume that you could relate to them at all, there's nothing to say that drew for an example could be a white supremacist in his spare time your judging people based on such a tiny sample of their personality they are trying to impress the voting public the producers of big brother have their own agenda and all of that adds up to not being able to make any judgement on these people what's so ever.
That doesn't mean you can't relate to somebody on just one level...

It is extremely difficult to grow up in an environment where you are the odd one out. Being different makes you a target & kids can be very cruel. Growing up adopted by white parents in a white culture must have been incredibly hard for Mikkayla. My parents emigrated to the US from England when I was 11 & the kids were incredibly cruel. I changed (got rid of accent, etc.) as soon as I could. It affected me immensely & Mikkayla wasn't in a position to be able to change herself. It takes a very strong person to stand up to this king of bullying & feel proud of being different, especially if there is very little support. Give her a break! Plus, wouldn't it be nice to see Tahan understand this & come to the Diary Room & say I understand why Mikkayla feels the way she does instead of "she's racist".

I think which was core at the debate was people focusing too much on the literal dictionary definition meanings of the word 'racism' not the context of what Tahan was actually saying.

You have to look to the context and the meaning behind the words that were said. Not the literal dictionary definition of the words. If this was the case the High Court would never have anything to do.
Um no, what's "core" of this debate is Mikkayla's own words when speaking about why she doesn't like being Asian. Rewind the conversation and you will see it's more than apparent Mikkayla's self-loathing doesn't stem from anything beyond: "I'm sick of dealing with racism and feeling like I stand out, and I want to be white so I don't have to deal with it anymore". It's a misguided view that makes me feel sorry for her, but it's not a racist view. You want to talk about context, so apply it yourself lol.

Mikkayla has jealousy issues, that's her problem and not Tahan's. Mikkayla has her little clique, is really bossy and goes away sulking to try and get sympathy. Her support has diminished.

Spot on. How this person can have a following among viewers is simply amazing to me, especially the ones who bang on about how gorgeous she is etc. I get the distinct impression that Mikkayla is a vehicle for the insecure crowd as they heap praise on her despite her repellent behaviour.

What really pisses me off with Tahan is that she seems to think she can say whatever nasty and hurtful comments she wants as long as she's living behind the "I'm such an honest person" card that she plays all the time. But in reality, that's bullshit. I'm sure at some stage we all wish that we could "be honest" like that and tell someone like it is, but most people are able to hold their tongue realising the emotional damage their comments could cause. I'm not talking about being honest and nicely telling someone something they need to hear, I'm talking about the unneeded cruel comments that come out of Tahan's mouth.

She sits there saying how wonderful she is for being such an honest person, but doesn't seem to realise that you can't just use that as an excuse to say whatever you want no matter how nasty. She also doesn't seem to realise that by insulting someone and covering it by saying she's "just honest" that's only her honest opinion. She acts as if every thought of people she has of people is gospel so that gives her the right to be a mean and nasty constantly and justify it as being the honest truth.

I totally agree with whoever said that Tahan is the most gorgeous woman in the house until she opens her mouth. I certainly hope for he sake she tones it down soon because beauty fades and soon all she's going to have is a nasty mouth and no friends.

Spot on. How this person can have a following among viewers is simply amazing to me, especially the ones who bang on about how gorgeous she is etc. I get the distinct impression that Mikkayla is a vehicle for the insecure crowd as they heap praise on her despite her repellent behaviour.

I think you & ding ding ding are merely showing your lack of respect, compassion, & sensitivity with your condescending & belittling comments! One wonders why anyone would want to do that just because people differ in opinion - a sign of maturity is being able to put oneself in another's place & have empathy or understanding even if you don't agree - insecure yourself maybe??

Back