Skip to main content

Survivor Season 34

In a statement, Allen Tate's chief executive officer Pat Riley said, "The Allen Tate Companies were built on core values of honesty, integrity and respect. Those fundamental beliefs led us to end our relationship with Mr. Varner, a real estate agent who had become affiliated with our firm just 17 days earlier."
"To be clear, at no time before the airing of the Survivor episode on Wednesday evening was our management aware of his actions on that episode," Riley added in the statement. "We make all decisions such as this one with careful consideration of our clients, employees and our agents."
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/17/entertainment/jeff-varner-survivor-fired/

Yes, double tonight.
Wow, the challenge between Ozzy & Tai, awesome. Apart from that, totally a womens slant on these eps. All but three come across as arrogant bitches, apart from Debbie, who's just weird, and thinks she's a mastermind. o_O
I did like Cirie's chat with Michaela though.
Guess the boys have taken the week off. And no protein for you!
And finally, the second tribal (pre vote) sums the situation they're all in very well. Up shit creek without a paddle LOL There's the paranoid, the "big" playas, the sneaky, the morons.... you get the pic.

Really disappointing who went, especially the second one.
I don't really like anyone who is left, maybe only Andrea.
Can't stand Sierra or Culpepper, and I can't fathom why they aren't being eliminated at the first opportunity.

Andrea morphed into Sierra this ep. Don't like either of them. Stumbling around being paranoid, getting lucky with the boots. Culpepper looks like a better contender atm.

I do like Zeke, but I think he's playing too hard, or letting it be seen that he is playing a cutthroat game.
Things were on track to target Sierra and Culpepper, but Zeke derailed that and threw shade onto Andrea.

I like Andrea because she is amazing in physical challenges, but she hasn't mastered the social aspect of the game, and her paranoia may be her downfall.

I may be being thick, but is Cirie with Mikayla or against her? Can someone explain why she had to write her name?

Andrea lost me with a Ugh at the balance challenge towards someone, can't remember who, but it seemed very high school, which is where I view Sierra.
Cirie, well, yeah, she wants to help her fellow girl, but still needs to follow the crowd, ya know?

Zeke soon 'outed' himself to all the others there then. His journey storyline was outlined but maybe finished after the first 10 minutes or so. Did briefly hear someone mention his having a story and how that made him a bigger threat. The cop woman talked about how she was conservative but didn't admit here how she would have likely been biased against him had she known his story from the start.

Really thought it made more sense to go after Michaela, expected her to go. Don't know where the Hali idol talk really came from. She always seemed on the outside in this season.

The second elimination was less of a surprise, but I would have been happy if Zeke had targeted Cirie who has no charisma for me and the sob story (has children so her life is apparently harder for her than others) was annoying as well. The Michaela 'let's get together we're black women' was annoying too.

With the Cirie vote the edit made out that she knew exactly how the votes would go and so could afford to vote against Michaela, either to confuse things or play both sides. I assume it was to make it look less like they are together, her saying that it was for their own good at the vote. So that's my guess on that issue.

Last edited:
Though it was sad to see Ozzy go, Debbie is a plus for me still, she is funny. Gave up 'all the necessities of life' for that advantage you know. :D

I feel sorry for Ozzy, nice fella hell of a competitor destined to never win Survivor.

I'm going for Micheala. She has absolutely zero social skills but she is so determined. No doubt it would be hard to live with her on the island but I dont know I'm sort of fascinated by her. She is very unusual.

I never got the Ozzy love. He's always bored me rigid. Oh, look at Ozzy run up that palm tree! etc. With a big shit-eating grin on his face. He seemed okay in this season, kind of worn out before his time. But when he left with that spiteful, petty little parting shot, ha. I was back to thank fuck you're gone, mate!

Quite a happy night for me as I couldn't stand Hali either. (Big hair jury!) And Debbie was good fun, as usual. But, oh, my Zeke. WHY?????? (Actually, Debbie quite astutely called it: Zeke can't stand to not be the one in control.) What a time to blow your own game. Again.

Loved the Cirie coaching of Michaela. "If you're hungry, un-hungry." etc. Michaela's been pretty poker faced this season, to the point I wondered if she'd had the entire mug botoxed, but apparently the bad moods seep out.

Urg. This season keeps breaking my heart. First, we raise the possibility of a Tony, Sandra, Malcomb, Aubry alliance. Nope. Malcomb gets twisted out of the game. Now, we had the potential for Cirie, Ozzy, Andrea, Zeke and Michaela with Sarah to take out Bloody Brad Culpepper, Fan Favourite Game Changer Sierra Dawn Tomas, Debbie, Tai and Troyzan. Cirie is starting to play, and bang. Nope.

First vote, surely Hali was only going to be good for Cirie etc, as a number against the other 6. But, Cirie was more concerned about looking like she was ok with Sierra than with getting the numbers so she could Pagong FFGCSDT etc. I don't think they realised the pivotal nature of last night, because Cirie, Andrea, Aubry and Zeke can play, and they know about the 'trust cluster/voting bloc' style of play. Brad Culpepper doesn't understand that. He's lucky he understands 6 into 11 is in. Now, why would anyone there in that 6 want to substitute Cirie or Andrea for a goat like Tai or Debbie?

This season keeps on getting out the actual game changers, and we seem to be heading towards a finale of this who changed their game. From the edit, who are the potential winner's this season? SDT? Brad Culpepper? Cirie got a spike last night and became the narrator, but that usually preludes an eviction in a previously purple player. I hope she can do it. If anyone can outplay BC and SDT, it is the team of Cirie, Andrea and Aubry. They just need to get Debbie to think it was her idea to flip, Aubry can bamboozle Tai again, and they can take down B & S. Please.

Bloody Zeke comes to quick again. I really don't think any of that side saw the 6v6, potential Pagong type of possibility that the edit seems to be suggesting. The votes don't suggest that - Sarah voted Ozzy, for example. Cirie voted Michaela, because she wanted to look like she wasn't so close, while brilliantly flipping the vote so that everyone who wanted to get out Michaela got planted with a Cirie seed, and ended up voting for Hali, while the ones saving Michaela all voted for her to maintain camouflage. Maybe the show is simplifying it, but I think they overthought it, and should have used Hali as a number. The actual players, though, are working off of the recent trend of flexible alliances, though. BC and SDT are probably more old school, and I fear this will be a deadly dull run to the end, as people I actually like are eliminated by nobodies. They could become the new favourites, I suppose. Fan Favourite Brad Culpepper. SDT the new Parvati.

But stupid Zeke couldn't control his ego and just ruins it, for himself and the interesting people.

I do like Zeke, but I think he's playing too hard, or letting it be seen that he is playing a cutthroat game.
Things were on track to target Sierra and Culpepper, but Zeke derailed that and threw shade onto Andrea.

I like Andrea because she is amazing in physical challenges, but she hasn't mastered the social aspect of the game, and her paranoia may be her downfall.

I may be being thick, but is Cirie with Mikayla or against her? Can someone explain why she had to write her name?
Cirie wanted to save Michaela, but didn't want the new sheriff Sierra to know that, so she convinced everyone who wanted to vote out Michaela that it was a better idea to put the larger number of the split votes onto Hali - because then, if Hali has the idol, she plays it, then Michaela goes home. That was the idea she pitched to SDT. And in the end, Cirie saved Michaela.

I think she should have worried more about recruiting Hali to try to beat Sierra's 6. But, I guess with idiots like Zeke and Sarah on her team, having the numbers doesn't assure anything.

Sarah is disappointing. Voting with the wrong alliance at a crucial stage in the numbers not only killed Ozzy's game, but probably her own as well. She'll never be anything but a number to Culpepper, Sierra and Troyzan (if they acknowledge her at all).

The second elimination was less of a surprise, but I would have been happy if Zeke had targeted Cirie who has no charisma for me and the sob story (has children so her life is apparently harder for her than others) was annoying as well. The Michaela 'let's get together we're black women' was annoying too.

Cirie having no charisma is a blatant lie, Cirie getting emotional doesn't automatically mean she's a snob with a sob story and ulterior motives, and you being annoyed by Cirie and Michaela's bond is kind of ignorant!

Back