Skip to main content

Stacey's dislike towards Estelle

The other HMs are threatened by Estelle because she has some depth of character. She is also being isolated because she refuses to join in on the gossip and bitching.

In fact, I now want Estelle TO WIN!

Estelle just takes everything lying down though, doesn't she. She knows people say bad things about her, sometimes quite openly and she can hear them. However instead of confronting them, she lets them get away with it all. She only fights back when cornered and in tears, which isn't intimidating at all.

If she can't stand up for herself, she will always remain in the victim role. Big brother shouldn't have to intervene, it's important that she learns to defend herself. She's an adult, no one is going to do it for her.

Respect is important, as well. Other housemates don't respect Estelle. If she stood up for herself, they would gain respect for her, and be more cautious of what they say.

I just feel that she might have said it as a joke but when I look at Estelle I see me so it hurts because stuff like that has been said to me before - Estelle just wants to love and be loved in return and most of the housemates are denying her that right BUT at the same time I could also look at it in a way that if all of them feel that way towards Estelle maybe there IS a reason for it!

You hit the nail on the head with the last sentence.

All the HM's have had an issue with her and her 'ME ME ME' attitude but if they say something... it's, oh no, bullying. Why are the people that are living with her 24/7 see her as a hog/stick lavender up her nose and meow weirdo/attention seeking/overtalking/multi-personality/immature blah blah, yet everyone who sees what is shown of her maybe 20 mins a week, see her as a heroine?

WE, UNFORTUNATELY NEVER GET SHOWN WHAT SHE SAYS TO INVITE THESE COMMENTS OR WHAT SHE SAYS IN RETALIATION FOR THE HOUSEMATES TO FEEL THIS WAY.

The way she went on and on about the treadmill task, the way she was all over Ava and even Sam, and even the way she had a emotional (not sure if I believe that) meltdown and even in last nights show, she had another "why me, why me" whinge to the girls, show me that the housemates DO HAVE A REASON.

As for her wanting to be loved? or wants to love? Her discussion with Sam showed me that this is not the case - not word for word, but it was basically that she loved the chase, but did not want the relationship. This is not something a loved depraved person would say.

I think the problem is that many who label Estelle as a victim are simply trying to get some sort of justification for something that has happened to them and that is not only insulting Estelle, but insulting the true victims of bullying.

As for Stacey's comment - it was just that, a comment! People need to stop trying to be so political correct, stop being hypocrites, get a life, address their own issues and STOP reading into things that are not there.

My advice to Estelle and many on here, grow a thicker skin.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but the goody two shoes are totally ruining this season for me and I believe they are going to be the reason if there is no BB 2013

All the HM's have had an issue with her and her 'ME ME ME' attitude but if they say something... it's, oh no, bullying. Why are the people that are living with her 24/7 see her as a hog/stick lavender up her nose and meow weirdo/attention seeking/overtalking/multi-personality/immature blah blah, yet everyone who sees what is shown of her maybe 20 mins a week, see her as a heroine?

WE, UNFORTUNATELY NEVER GET SHOWN WHAT SHE SAYS TO INVITE THESE COMMENTS OR WHAT SHE SAYS IN RETALIATION FOR THE HOUSEMATES TO FEEL THIS WAY.

The way she went on and on about the treadmill task, the way she was all over Ava and even Sam, and even the way she had a emotional (not sure if I believe that) meltdown and even in last nights show, she had another "why me, why me" whinge to the girls, show me that the housemates DO HAVE A REASON.

As for her wanting to be loved? or wants to love? Her discussion with Sam showed me that this is not the case - not word for word, but it was basically that she loved the chase, but did not want the relationship. This is not something a loved depraved person would say.

I think the problem is that many who label Estelle as a victim are simply trying to get some sort of justification for something that has happened to them and that is not only insulting Estelle, but insulting the true victims of bullying.

As for Stacey's comment - it was just that, a comment! People need to stop trying to be so political correct, stop being hypocrites, get a life, address their own issues and STOP reading into things that are not there.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but the goody two shoes are totally ruining this season for me and I believe they are going to be the reason if there is no BB 2013

I was just going to say:-

"Did any of you dribbling idiots stop and think for a moment that the girl might simply be mind numbingly annoying?!"

But you said it SO much better!

And without insulting fellow posters...

Ha!

She didn't say to her face, I think it was just a over exaggeration comment... Certainly doesn't qualify anywhere near bullying :rolleyes:

She never says things to people's faces - just behind their back.

But I agree, it wasn't a literal comment.

I'm so sick of people bleating on about 'bullying' in these forums every time somebody isn't nicey nice to everyone. It's horseshit...

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but it does have reference....

At first, Bradley had a HUGE following because they believed that he was being bullied by the things said to him. Yet now, after more footage has been shown, the majority of the public have turned and now see him as the house mates saw him - a bit creepy and weird. Now there is only a very small hand full of complaints about Bradley being bullied.

It really makes you think.... Bradley hasn't change (thank goodness!) yet he still gets elbowed and told to shut up when he says something inappropriate etc., but because we have seen more footage, the 'bullying' claims have nearly stopped. What if we were shown more of Estelle? And would the claims of bullying for Bradley be rekindled if he had a big whopping cry after being nominated because he is not as loved as he thinks he is as Estelle does?

Also wondering if Stacey had said this about Ben or Michael, would she be still classed as a bully as some are claiming? or would some say it was just a comment and love her because she said it to them and not their victim!?

And without insulting fellow posters...

Ha!

Damn, I thought I was! Note to self: Must try harder!

*insert evil laugh here*

lol

Last edited:
The problem with both Ben and Stacey is they rely on bitchiness too much. Both of them CAN be funny ... when they are not being so freaking try-hard about it. They really over exaggerate everything (facial expressions, funny voices, wacky behaviour) at times when they KNOW the cameras are focused on them (i.e. when in the diary room, noms chamber). But too often their "humour" is based on belittling others, and making snide comments.

They put everybody down, and it makes me wonder who the hell they actually think THEY are? They obviously thing they are better than every other person in the house.

If I had a ten cent piece for everytime I said I was going to kill, hurt, mutilate, deface or otherwise ruin someone's day because they were irritating me, I would be rich. And no, surprisingly I have never done it.

Lighten the hell up.

I bet everyone of us has a some time expressed a desire to kill someone, stab someone or punch someone in the face. For heavens sake lighten up. Stacey was just expressing her annoyance, nothing more.

The language is inappropriate. Stacey should have been called into the diary room.

Stacey really, really dislikes Estelle. People tend to be competitive with others in their space in the group. I'm the funny, quirky one thinks Stacey, not her!

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but it does have reference....

At first, Bradley had a HUGE following because they believed that he was being bullied by the things said to him. Yet now, after more footage has been shown, the majority of the public have turned and now see him as the house mates saw him - a bit creepy and weird. Now there is only a very small hand full of complaints about Bradley being bullied.

It really makes you think.... Bradley hasn't change (thank goodness!) yet he still gets elbowed and told to shut up when he says something inappropriate etc., but because we have seen more footage, the 'bullying' claims have nearly stopped. What if we were shown more of Estelle? And would the claims of bullying for Bradley be rekindled if he had a big whopping cry after being nominated because he is not as loved as he thinks he is as Estelle does?

This is a good point.

I couldn't help but think something similar the other night when Bradley said to Josh/Ava that their kissing was annoying. They told Bradley to shut up and don't look. But I'm willing to bet it would have been a different reaction if ANYONE ELSE had said it to them. If someone else had said "Hey guys, get a room", it would have been laughed at and a different reaction from Josh/Ava would have been the result. But because Bradley said it, albeit he didn't say the words "Get a room", they simply told him to shut up. I wouldn't classify it as "bullying", but I just thought it was interesting that the housemate's actions and reactions toward Bradley are different than they are to anyone else in the house.

I thought it was inappropriate. But the other HM's never pull each other up on that talk which is annoying. If I'd been in there and heard Stacey say that, I would have told her not to say something so awful. I would have said it casually to her, maybe 'Shut up Stacey, that's horrible.' Just enough for her to realise that she's not in the right or funny.

As has been described by housemates, Estelle is the house scapegoat. She is on the outer and a lot of the house mates like to bitch about people. Being on the outer made it open season for Estelle as no one will get upset. Becoming someone they could all in common bitch about. Not small bitch sessions between two people. So it allowed some bonding as it was something in common. People can bond through bitching and as people formed better friendships, it was almost a guilt free bitch. Estelle being on the outer increased her potential for being a target.

Estelle is also someone who doesn't have to be friends with everyone. She was content kind of doing her thing. Which didn't sit well with the others who are quite clingy to each other. Which ironically is what they labelled Estelle when she met someone she could be friends with and became friends. Estelle was happy being friendly and moving around the group. Not necessarily forming "special bonds." She was just a different sort of person.

The Ava situation dramatically increased problems some house mates had with their disliked Estelle. It seems that in many house mates minds they assumed Estelle didn't belong and would be gone soon and so were not really concerned about being nice or getting to know her. Part of the bitching and meanness was also possibly being used as a way of signalling to each other, "lets nominate Estelle." They assumed they'd succeed and before long she'd just be in the "weird corner" by herself until being promptly booted from the house. However that wasn't happening. Which also lead to some frustration about the lack of control they have. Hence the constant renominating of her. They can't face the fact they aren't in control and the one person they assumed to go hasn't gone.

So this is going on and someone new came into the house and preferred Estelle to them. It kind of raised alarms for many in the house. After all they are so wonderful and she's the freak. Why would anyone chose Estelle over them? It really rattled a lot of their egos and as a result they then bitched even more about Estelle.

Ava was new and pretty and they were simply jealous Ava preferred Estelle. All the talk about separating the two was purely jealousy. They couldn't imagine how anyone could chose Estelle over them. So clearly Estelle was doing something wrong, as they think they are so wonderful and fun. Or at least she was for the sake of bitching and taking out their frustrations. Also one has to assume that the talk about separating Estelle and Ava was part of a way of signalling to nominate Estelle. Who then got 19 nomination points.

None of the housemates besides Josh even really like Ava, yet they are still pissed off Ava chose Estelle over them. This kind increased when initially Sam seemed chummy with Estelle. However that cooled off. It was just the new person thing. He's now settling in. Estelle isn't being clingy at all. As they all were, Estelle was excited about the new house mate. They had their ego's worried for a second they might come off second to Estelle again and so the bitching blaming Estelle continued.

She's still now just the target for their on going frustrations. Still the scapegoat.

With someone like Stacey, we haven't seen anything to her besides her "Act" and her being mean and bitchy. The longer you're in the house, the closer you become to people and the harder to bitch unless there's real issues. Bitching about Estelle has become the thing to do, it's hard to shake and those underlying frustrations. Which are nothing to do with Estelle are still lingering.

Great post.

Totally agree!!!

LOL this thread is ridiculous. Stacey didn't even nominate Estelle this week, or last week for that matter. If anything Estelle has more of a problem with Stacey than Stacey does Estelle, at least going by their nominations. I like both girls for different reasons but I understand why both of them wouldn't be comfortable with the other. Stacey is getting more and more catty as time goes on and that would make Estelle feel uneasy and make her wonder if Stacey is whispering about her --- except lately it hasn't been Stacey but instead the OTHER HMs who have been bitching about Stelle. Recently Stacey has only ever complained about her being a 'hog' of multiple things - gym, Ava, Sam, now maybe Delilah - and even though I like Estelle it's a valid complaint since from what we've seen she CAN get a bit obsessive and overbearing with particular things.

As has been described by housemates, Estelle is the house scapegoat. She is on the outer and a lot of the house mates like to bitch about people. Being on the outer made it open season for Estelle as no one will get upset. Becoming someone they could all in common bitch about. Not small bitch sessions between two people. So it allowed some bonding as it was something in common. People can bond through bitching and as people formed better friendships, it was almost a guilt free bitch. Estelle being on the outer increased her potential for being a target.

Estelle is also someone who doesn't have to be friends with everyone. She was content kind of doing her thing. Which didn't sit well with the others who are quite clingy to each other. Which ironically is what they labelled Estelle when she met someone she could be friends with and became friends. Estelle was happy being friendly and moving around the group. Not necessarily forming "special bonds." She was just a different sort of person.

The Ava situation dramatically increased problems some house mates had with their disliked Estelle. It seems that in many house mates minds they assumed Estelle didn't belong and would be gone soon and so were not really concerned about being nice or getting to know her. Part of the bitching and meanness was also possibly being used as a way of signalling to each other, "lets nominate Estelle." They assumed they'd succeed and before long she'd just be in the "weird corner" by herself until being promptly booted from the house. However that wasn't happening. Which also lead to some frustration about the lack of control they have. Hence the constant renominating of her. They can't face the fact they aren't in control and the one person they assumed to go hasn't gone.

So this is going on and someone new came into the house and preferred Estelle to them. It kind of raised alarms for many in the house. After all they are so wonderful and she's the freak. Why would anyone chose Estelle over them? It really rattled a lot of their egos and as a result they then bitched even more about Estelle.

Ava was new and pretty and they were simply jealous Ava preferred Estelle. All the talk about separating the two was purely jealousy. They couldn't imagine how anyone could chose Estelle over them. So clearly Estelle was doing something wrong, as they think they are so wonderful and fun. Or at least she was for the sake of bitching and taking out their frustrations. Also one has to assume that the talk about separating Estelle and Ava was part of a way of signalling to nominate Estelle. Who then got 19 nomination points.

None of the housemates besides Josh even really like Ava, yet they are still pissed off Ava chose Estelle over them. This kind increased when initially Sam seemed chummy with Estelle. However that cooled off. It was just the new person thing. He's now settling in. Estelle isn't being clingy at all. As they all were, Estelle was excited about the new house mate. They had their ego's worried for a second they might come off second to Estelle again and so the bitching blaming Estelle continued.

She's still now just the target for their on going frustrations. Still the scapegoat.

With someone like Stacey, we haven't seen anything to her besides her "Act" and her being mean and bitchy. The longer you're in the house, the closer you become to people and the harder to bitch unless there's real issues. Bitching about Estelle has become the thing to do, it's hard to shake and those underlying frustrations. Which are nothing to do with Estelle are still lingering.

Thanks for that insight. Well said. All of it.

Those poor housemates are getting so frustrated at Estelle still being there & annoying them.
No one can blame them for anything they say about her.

Back