Skip to main content

Stacey's dislike towards Estelle

Obviously you've never been bullied before because I don't find it funny - how would you like it if you knew someone said they want to smash you in the face?

No one would say something like that in the first place, if you weren't so face getting smashed friendly.

As has been described by housemates, Estelle is the house scapegoat. She is on the outer and a lot of the house mates like to bitch about people. Being on the outer made it open season for Estelle as no one will get upset. Becoming someone they could all in common bitch about. Not small bitch sessions between two people. So it allowed some bonding as it was something in common. People can bond through bitching and as people formed better friendships, it was almost a guilt free bitch. Estelle being on the outer increased her potential for being a target.

Estelle is also someone who doesn't have to be friends with everyone. She was content kind of doing her thing. Which didn't sit well with the others who are quite clingy to each other. Which ironically is what they labelled Estelle when she met someone she could be friends with and became friends. Estelle was happy being friendly and moving around the group. Not necessarily forming "special bonds." She was just a different sort of person.

The Ava situation dramatically increased problems some house mates had with their disliked Estelle. It seems that in many house mates minds they assumed Estelle didn't belong and would be gone soon and so were not really concerned about being nice or getting to know her. Part of the bitching and meanness was also possibly being used as a way of signalling to each other, "lets nominate Estelle." They assumed they'd succeed and before long she'd just be in the "weird corner" by herself until being promptly booted from the house. However that wasn't happening. Which also lead to some frustration about the lack of control they have. Hence the constant renominating of her. They can't face the fact they aren't in control and the one person they assumed to go hasn't gone.

So this is going on and someone new came into the house and preferred Estelle to them. It kind of raised alarms for many in the house. After all they are so wonderful and she's the freak. Why would anyone chose Estelle over them? It really rattled a lot of their egos and as a result they then bitched even more about Estelle.

Ava was new and pretty and they were simply jealous Ava preferred Estelle. All the talk about separating the two was purely jealousy. They couldn't imagine how anyone could chose Estelle over them. So clearly Estelle was doing something wrong, as they think they are so wonderful and fun. Or at least she was for the sake of bitching and taking out their frustrations. Also one has to assume that the talk about separating Estelle and Ava was part of a way of signalling to nominate Estelle. Who then got 19 nomination points.

None of the housemates besides Josh even really like Ava, yet they are still pissed off Ava chose Estelle over them. This kind increased when initially Sam seemed chummy with Estelle. However that cooled off. It was just the new person thing. He's now settling in. Estelle isn't being clingy at all. As they all were, Estelle was excited about the new house mate. They had their ego's worried for a second they might come off second to Estelle again and so the bitching blaming Estelle continued.

She's still now just the target for their on going frustrations. Still the scapegoat.

With someone like Stacey, we haven't seen anything to her besides her "Act" and her being mean and bitchy. The longer you're in the house, the closer you become to people and the harder to bitch unless there's real issues. Bitching about Estelle has become the thing to do, it's hard to shake and those underlying frustrations. Which are nothing to do with Estelle are still lingering.

Last edited:
As has been described by housemates, Estelle is the house scapegoat. She is on the outer and a lot of the house mates like to bitch about people. Being on the outer made it open season for Estelle as no one will get upset, opening up as someone they could all in common bitch about. Not small bitch sessions between two people. So it allowed some bonding as it was something in common. People can bond through bitching and as people formed better friendships, it was almost a guilt free bitch. Estelle being on the outer increased her potential for being a target.

Estelle is also someone who doesn't have to be friends with everyone. She was content kind of doing her thing. Which didn't sit well with the others who are quite clingy to each other. Which ironically is what they labelled Estelle when she met someone she could be friends with and became friends. Estelle was happy being friendly and moving around the group. Not necessarily forming "special bonds." She was just a different sort of person.

The Ava situation dramatically increased problems some house mates had with their disliked Estelle. It seems that in many house mates minds they assumed Estelle didn't belong and would be gone soon and so were not really concerned about being nice or getting to know her. Part of the bitching and meanness was also possibly being used as a way of signalling to each other, "lets nominate Estelle." They assumed they'd succeed and before long she'd just be in the "weird corner" by herself until being promptly booted form the house. However that wasn't happening. Which also lead to some frustration about the lack of control they have. Hence the constant renominating of her. They can't face the fact they aren't in control and the one person they assumed to go hasn't gone.

So this is going on and someone new came into the house and preferred Estelle to them. It kind of raised alarms for many in the house. After all they are so wonderful and she's the freak. Why would anyone chose Estelle over them? It really rattled a lot of their egos and as a result they then bitched even more about Estelle.

Ava was new and pretty and they were simply jealous Ava preferred Estelle. All the talk about separating the two was purely jealousy. They couldn't imagine how anyone could chose Estelle over them. So clearly Estelle was doing something wrong, as they think they are so wonderful and fun. Or at least she was for the sake of bitching and taking out their frustrations. Also one has to assume that the talk about separating Estelle and Ava was part of a way of signalling to nominate Estelle. Who then got 19 nomination points.

None of the housemates besides Josh even really like Ava, yet they are still pissed off Ava chose Estelle over them. This kind increased when initially Sam seemed chummy with Estelle. However that cooled off. It was just the new person thing. He's now settling in. Estelle isn't being clingy at all. As they all were, Estelle was excited about the new house mate. They had their ego's worried for a second they might come off second to Estelle again and so the bitching blaming Estelle continued.

She's still now just the target for their on going frustrations.

With someone like Stacey, we haven't seen anything to her besides her "Act" and her being mean and bitchy. The longer you're in the house, the closer you become to people and the harder to bitch unless there's real issues. Bitching about Estelle has become the thing to do, it's hard to shake and those underlying frustrations. Which are nothing to do with Estelle are still lingering.

Well said! Hear Hear! I guess that's maybe the one thing that I like about Ben - if he has an issue, at least he will confront them. Other's don't!

It's so difficult to formulate opinions when we're only seeing a heavily edited version of events. Some things don't add up because huge pieces of the puzzle are missing. With Estelle, I just don't see what the other housemates universally complain about; that she's not really being herself. And that is so ironic coming from people like Michael and Stacey, who it seems have contrived a persona in an attempt to either win the game or bag themselves a media gig when they get out. To me, Estelle seems really quite genuine. It's touching to see her respond with so much warmth when someone extends the hand of friendship to her - even someone who's previously been horrible to her - she forgives and forgets. She also doesn't bitch anywhere near as much as anyone else behind people's backs, and doesn't buy into the rivalry and catty behaviour that Layla and Angie have recently displayed. Sure, Estelle can be a little annoying and pretentious at times, but aren't they all? I don't get why she in particular has been singled out for victimisation. I think it was so mean of Ben and Stacey to resent her instant friendship with Ava. They both made it clear they didn't like Ava anyway. It's so mean-spirited that they resented Estelle's one chance to make a genuine friend in the house. How would they like to be a scapegoat and have no one to talk to? I also think it's weird that Josh still nominates Estelle, knowing that Ava is such close friends with her. Says a lot about how much he really cares about Ava (ie. not a lot).

It's so difficult to formulate opinions when we're only seeing a heavily edited version of events. Some things don't add up because huge pieces of the puzzle are missing. With Estelle, I just don't see what the other housemates universally complain about; that she's not really being herself. And that is so ironic coming from people like Michael and Stacey, who it seems have contrived a persona in an attempt to either win the game or bag themselves a media gig when they get out. To me, Estelle seems really quite genuine. It's touching to see her respond with so much warmth when someone extends the hand of friendship to her - even someone who's previously been horrible to her - she forgives and forgets. She also doesn't bitch anywhere near as much as anyone else behind people's backs, and doesn't buy into the rivalry and catty behaviour that Layla and Angie have recently displayed. Sure, Estelle can be a little annoying and pretentious at times, but aren't they all? I don't get why she in particular has been singled out for victimisation. I think it was so mean of Ben and Stacey to resent her instant friendship with Ava. They both made it clear they didn't like Ava anyway. It's so mean-spirited that they resented Estelle's one chance to make a genuine friend in the house. How would they like to be a scapegoat and have no one to talk to? I also think it's weird that Josh still nominates Estelle, knowing that Ava is such close friends with her. Says a lot about how much he really cares about Ava (ie. not a lot).

I wish these forums had a +1 or LIKE button so I don't have to keep wasting a reply to write HEAR HEAR

LOL!

Ben and Stacey wanted the opportunity to reject Ava as a friend before she befriended Estelle. They didn't get that.

Did anyone else notice Stacey say in tonight's daily show something to the effect of "Don't get Estelle hog the dog or I'll smash her in the face".

Nah, but I imagine Stacey ain't all that different to a number of embittered "half way, if not more, through their lives" wimmin who religiously watch BB, in that they are hugely jealous of Stella-ahh coz not only does she look better than they ever have or ever will but also coz she has managed to fit more into her 24 years or whatever it is than they are ever likely to in their whole lives.

They also can't stand the fact that although the men in their lives might say to them that they wouldn't ever be interested in making the beast with two backs with Stellaaah, they are actually wishing that it was her in bed with them rather than the lemon faced shrews they are stuck with who are also the reason why they put up their hands for as much overtime as they can just to put off coming home for as long as possible.

... or something like that. :D

I could be wrong though. ;)

regarDS

I dont think she was bullying Estelle in any way whatsoever. I do think it was pathetic of her to again use a new situation in the house (dog appearing) to merge it with another scenario she didnt like (Estelle supposedly hogging ava by being friends with her), and immediately trying to create an Estelle-oriented negative quip to try to remind the housemates that they should continue disliking Estelle.

I dont see Estelle going around the house saying "we have to get Stacey away from Ben, she's hogging him and its not right" ffs

PS - Portillo, Stacey's nose could frikkin cut through glass!

Last edited by a moderator:
"lemon faced shrews" lmao. Have to remember that one for a couple of acquaintances that fit the bill. Gold.

All the evicted HM's have said Estelle has different personalities.

Evicted housemates most likely never really got to know or understand her, they just went along with the gossip and other peoples perception of her.
She like them are playing a game, and if she wants to be some-one different every other day so be it.
She is not a nasty pastie.

Did anyone else notice Stacey say in tonight's daily show something to the effect of "Don't get Estelle hog the dog or I'll smash her in the face".

Do you believe this is appropriate behaviour? Shouldn't Stacey be pulled up for this sort of talk? Why are the producers allowing this bullying sort of behaviour to happen this year? Estelle has already cried today and admitted she's sick of how she's been treated for the last 7 weeks! Enough is enough! Makes me so angry because I know what it's like to be picked on!
I'm so sick of this seasons flavour of the month being bullying. No that's not bullying, shut up and get over it! It's a reality TV show where they are all fully aware that bitching is an integral part of the game when signing up.

All the evicted HM's have said Estelle has different personalities.

That was just some of there slang in the house. I think it was started by michael. "Is it rapper estelle or law student estelle" ect.

It's just part of them not quite finding a label for her. So Michael or Ben or someone came up with the multiple personality thing to slag her off. Not that she actually acts like different people.

Forum members on here confuse me. They say how much they dislike the family friendly format and then when something non-family friendly happens they complain that it doesn't suit the family friendly model. Make up your minds.

P.S. I am not necessarily directing this at you mikidiki.

Well said. I can't even imagine the uproar there would have been if we had up late or live streaming this year. If everyone in the house got along and were all best friends no one would be watching.

Forum members on here confuse me. They say how much they dislike the family friendly format and then when something non-family friendly happens they complain that it doesn't suit the family friendly model. Make up your minds.

P.S. I am not necessarily directing this at you mikidiki.

I can't speak for others, but I think generally people complaining about it not being family friendly is often done sarcastically as a way to point out how selective the BB producers and channel Nine are when it comes to this notion.

It is part of pointing out the hypocrisy because the show is inherently something which isn't family friendly. So why pretend be completely selective and hypocritical and in doing so deny the viewer of adult orientated content.

Stacey sowing seeds, even Zoe added a comment.
Estelle canned for having a frienship with Ava.
Most likely knocked back Sam. (Read his talk with BB about wanting to know Estelle better)
Now will be canned for interacting with the dog.

Back