Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rights are up in Nov/dec
That doesn't sound right... Nine only signed to retain the rights to the series in February/March (I don't remember which). Having a deal that lasts for only 9-10 months just seems... odd.

That doesn't sound right... Nine only signed to retain the rights to the series in February/March (I don't remember which). Having a deal that lasts for only 9-10 months just seems... odd.

It might be that another network can't grab the rights or air the show until exactly 1 year after Big Brother last aired on TV.

Sort of similar thing happened with Australia's Got Talent when Nine couldn't air the show until exactly a year after the finale of Seven's version. Though it didn't stop Nine from purchasing the show and promoting that it was coming up the next year and filming the auditions.

Would love for Ten to do this in 2016:
Feb-Apr I'm A Celebrity returns or a new show.
Apr-Jun MasterChef
Jul-Oct Big Brother
Oct-Dec The Biggest Loser or The Bachelor/Bachelorette.

Or if Ten could get the rights this year and plan for a early 2016 season:
Feb-Late Apr Big Brother
Late Apr-Jul MasterChef
Jul-Oct The Biggest Loser
Oct-Dec I'm A Celebrity

Last edited:
Or if Ten could get the rights this year and plan for a early 2016 season:
Feb-Late Apr Big Brother
Late Apr-Jul MasterChef
Jul-Oct The Biggest Loser
Oct-Dec I'm A Celebrity

Looking at this I quite like this schedule. Ten would have a solid year of tentpole Reality shows. Big Brother starting the year off would help Ten able to put I'm A Celebrity at the end of the year for a 6 week series without any gaps like they had this year before MasterChef began.

It's a good sign for Big Brother, since they keep canning shit and then bringing them back after a year or two - hoping that it's magically interesting to the public again.

If you think a return to Nine is a "good sign"... Then sure things have never looked better...

Even then BB isn't every other reality show... And not as easy to just wip up something last minute like they've done with other reality shows in the past... Once BB is dead it's usually DEAD... Outside of a possible celebrity series BB on Nine is as good as dead and the show is better for it...

Guys, I had a dream last night that BB came back, but the year was 2016, it was a premonition, I'm certain. :D

Posting this in all relevant threads...

CONFIRMED: The rebooted series of The Celebrity Apprentice is replacing what was the original time slots for Celebrity Big Brother this year. A "version of Big Brother" is still potentially set for next year.

This is according to the Herald Sun. Only time will will...

CONFIRMED: The rebooted series of The Celebrity Apprentice is replacing what was the original time slots for Celebrity Big Brother this year. A "version of Big Brother" is still potentially set for next year.

Lol lets watch their ratings decline

If Nine would stop micromanaging the show and just let BB be BB this short hiatus could actually turn out to be pretty decent... Let's be honest here BB is never going to be what it was in the glory days but ratings could improve "slightly" if it's managed properly moving forward... I mean even a revival on Ten really wouldn't bring in the same ratings it did back in the day... If Nine think that by simply putting the show on hiatus for a year is really going to fix anything they've really got another thing coming... The only thing that is going to improve ratings is an improved attitude... If they return with even more gimmicks than the last time the ratings will continue their downward trajectory...

Personally I think the show is better off being left for dead... Chances are Nine will do little to improve over their last run and they are under the impression that Z-list celebrities are going to pull in more consistent numbers... I've said this too many times as of late but I'm going to keep saying it until it happens... If Ten were smart they'd use this opportunity to launch a BB knock-off using a BBUS style format...

Last edited:
The only thing that is going to improve ratings is an improved attitude... If they return with even more gimmicks than the last time the ratings will continue their downward trajectory...

Hey look, I actually agree with you on something. :)

Hey look, I actually agree with you on something. :)

patsystone3.jpg

If Nine would stop micromanaging the show and just let BB be BB this short hiatus could actually turn out to be pretty decent... Let's be honest here BB is never going to be what it was in the glory days but ratings could improve "slightly" if it's managed properly moving forward... I mean even a revival on Ten really wouldn't bring in the same ratings it did back in the day... If Nine think that by simply putting the show on hiatus for a year is really going to fix anything they've really got another thing coming... The only thing that is going to improve ratings is an improved attitude... If they return with even more gimmicks than the last time the ratings will continue their downward trajectory...

Personally I think the show is better off being left for dead... Chances are Nine will do little to improve over their last run and they are under the impression that Z-list celebrities are going to pull in more consistent numbers... I've said this too many times as of late but I'm going to keep saying it until it happens... If Ten were smart they'd use this opportunity to launch a BB knock-off using a BBUS style format...
Exactly.

The fact that Nine are returning both Australia's Got Talent and The Celebrity Apprentice, two shows that they had previously "axed", says it all. These blatantly seem like last-minute decisions, purely based on a fact that they must be scraping the barrel to find something to "fill in the gaps" between timeslots. They're an incompetent network and it's just getting worse. No doubt, AGT and TCA will both fail just as badly as CBB would/would have.

Nine are making it up as they go, and while I almost feel as though we will in fact see Celebrity Big Brother on Nine at some point, it'll just be for all the wrong reasons. As usual.

Exactly.

The fact that Nine are returning both Australia's Got Talent and The Celebrity Apprentice, two shows that they had previously "axed", says it all. These blatantly seem like last-minute decisions, purely based on a fact that they must be scraping the barrel to find something to "fill in the gaps" between timeslots. They're an incompetent network and it's just getting worse. No doubt, AGT and TCA will both fail just as badly as CBB would/would have.

Nine are making it up as they go, and while I almost feel as though we will in fact see Celebrity Big Brother on Nine at some point, it'll just be for all the wrong reasons. As usual.

To be honest I don't think they ever really wanted BB in the first place... The only reason they took the show in the first place was because they were desperate... Reviving BB was essentially going to be a license to print money... I'm glad it backfired on them...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back