Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The voice will never get cancelled. It's like one if its biggest revenue makers and highest rated programs in a lot of demographics. But you're other choices, would certainly love them to be gone. The Hot Plate looks so cringe and horrible; and the contestants are typical clashing contestants, with the inclusion of a bitchy gay. P.s I have no problem at all with gay people, just stating the obvious stereotypical bitchy gay most reality tv shows use.
The way you reassure us like "I have no problem at all with gay people!" makes me wonder if you actually are that old racist woman on the train as per your photo. receipts?

Should we only keep this thread to discussion on news and speculation of a series for Big Brother 2016?

It would be a big shame if this thread turned into the 2015 one which went majorly off topic. :)

Has there been any other word on NINE sighning a contract for 2016-2018? I don't know if I really believe this but I'll be happy to be wrong in this case. I could easily do three more series of BB even if it is on NINE. As long as they CHNAGE it up a bit for their next series. Even 2012-2013 where pretty descent compared to their big stuff up that was 2014. So even if we do get a 2012 or 2013 type of BB I'll still be happy and engaged to watch every night.

The way you reassure us like "I have no problem at all with gay people!" makes me wonder if you actually are that old racist woman on the train as per your photo. receipts?
Lol think what you want dude, I reassure because people can get easily offended. Sorry for being considerate of peoples feelings

Has there been any other word on NINE sighning a contract for 2016-2018? I don't know if I really believe this but I'll be happy to be wrong in this case. I could easily do three more series of BB even if it is on NINE. As long as they CHNAGE it up a bit for their next series. Even 2012-2013 where pretty descent compared to their big stuff up that was 2014. So even if we do get a 2012 or 2013 type of BB I'll still be happy and engaged to watch every night.
I don't think so yet. I'm sure goon would be first to tell us when it happens. He may know something but he likes to get multiple sources before saying. He recently said that it could come so as far as I know, he knows nothing at the moment. Maybe @sirspankalot might know something, he also has insider information as far as i'm aware. I could be wrong lol

its probably more likely that nine realised they couldnt get a semi-decent bunch of V-grade celebs together to make it happen and dont have enough time to do the HM hunt and everything else for a normal season so have put it off till next year.
hotplate definitely wont last.
and bit iffy on reno rumble making a return.
so might be in with a shot for next year!

its probably more likely that nine realised they couldnt get a semi-decent bunch of V-grade celebs together to make it happen and dont have enough time to do the HM hunt and everything else for a normal season so have put it off till next year.
hotplate definitely wont last.
and bit iffy on reno rumble making a return.
so might be in with a shot for next year!

I can't see Nine giving up the option to slap something together come the end of 2016... That said I doubt they'll give a full commitment to BB or CBB regardless of how the rest of 2015 pans out... Given the ratings last year even at its worst I'm certain whatever is replacing BB will rate just as well if not marginally better...

I can't see Nine giving up the option to slap something together come the end of 2016... That said I doubt they'll give a full commitment to BB or CBB regardless of how the rest of 2015 pans out... Given the ratings last year even at its worst I'm certain whatever is replacing BB will rate just as well if not marginally better...
They seem to have started advertising The Hot Plate last night, a shameless MKR/MRR knockoff. I think even Bakeoff looked less forced.

They seem to have started advertising The Hot Plate last night, a shameless MKR/MRR knockoff. I think even Bakeoff looked less forced.

No one ever said the powers that be were smart... I mean Ten really should have given another year before they shitcanned it and Nines choice of reviving it the way they did screams that they really weren't in it for the long haul...

'08 was, straight up, a hot mess from start to finish so from a critical standpoint I feel that Ten called it quits at the right time, although I'd bet they ended up kicking themselves given how they never found a strong successor and, even in it's last series, BB was a still a reliable profit machine.

As for next year, here's hoping! That said, Olympic years tend to be a clusterfuck with regards to scheduling. I won't have any news until/if they start looking to hire production staff and my mate thinks to tell me or I ask at the right time.

While I'm generally not a fan of high-concept series' or ripping "twists" from straight from the UK, I could see the Timebomb format being a decent blueprint for relaunch here.

To be fair Ten replaced it with Masterchef and I think hit record ratings for their first finale, far bigger than Big Brother ever did.

2008 wasn't great at all but I do think it had one more season left in it at that point - there was a lot to learn from that series as they actually threw quite a few things at it, most of which turned out to be mistakes. Had it happened I do think 2009 would have been vastly improved, although whether it could have recovered in the ratings I don't know.

The difficulty for BB now is the landscape has changed hugely since it ended. It used to largely go up against very different shows in the 7pm slot, and then had a range of competition with the event shows at 7.30pm, but now whatever time of the year it airs it'll almost certainly face the same reality TV rival every night it airs.

I thought 7 and 8 were good seasons, definitely more interesting casts than at least 2 of those on the latest incarnation of it. And the show has just got cheaper and cheaper in recent years.

I don't know if you guys felt it, but I dunno
Big Brother had a vibe to me, its own
It went with Channel 9

I guess it was the theme song, sound effects, design and house that made it have that vibe?
I dunno, but it made the the whole '24 Hour Surveillance' thing seem like it was an actual, i dunno Big Brother house
where with 9 it felt like a scripted soap opera like neighbours or home and away. I think the graphics etc made the show unique too, it had it's own design, not like category like, classical etc, it was just there
Also same with the house, they didn't really have a theme, well maybe but it just looked alright, but you could tell it was a big brother house

I just don't like all the fake housemates, even if they were real or whatever. Put a few people in who kinda live in boganville (not a super bogan but you know) How cool would it be if there was like a real barbie, and then a few other women, making everyone different

I don't know why though, it was just quality tv, it was a fun thing to watch, awesome thing to get hyped up about.
The type of show was unique, it wasn't like the block, or MKR

I don't know if they can fix the show though

It went with Channel 9

I guess it was the theme song, sound effects, design and house that made it have that vibe?
I dunno, but it made the the whole '24 Hour Surveillance' thing seem like it was an actual, i dunno Big Brother house
where with 9 it felt like a scripted soap opera like neighbours or home and away. I think the graphics etc made the show unique too, it had it's own design, not like category like, classical etc, it was just there
Also same with the house, they didn't really have a theme, well maybe but it just looked alright, but you could tell it was a big brother house

I just don't like all the fake housemates, even if they were real or whatever. Put a few people in who kinda live in boganville (not a super bogan but you know) How cool would it be if there was like a real barbie, and then a few other women, making everyone different

I don't know why though, it was just quality tv, it was a fun thing to watch, awesome thing to get hyped up about.

Sorry... I'm struggling to figure out what you're getting at here???

It went with Channel 9

I 100% get what your saying. I was 8 years and watching Terri win along with my mum and sister. And I remember looking at the show thinking if the graphics, Friday night live. I also remember watching previous series. I remember going to dream world when I was 4 to see the 2004 house and it's one the most clear memories I have. I remember going to the house twice more. It being at dreamworld just made me feel like it was more then a show. My mum would always talk about Sarah Marie along with my aunties and uncles and grandparents. Even up till 2011. So I had the impression that Big Brithe was a huge thing. So when 2012 launched I had really high expectations. The show at the start gave me the feeling but halfway I kinda lost it. And last years especially Lost it. But Idk k can't deseribe it really.

I 100% get what your saying. I was 8 years and watching Terri win along with my mum and sister. And I remember looking at the show thinking if the graphics, Friday night live. I also remember watching previous series. I remember going to dream world when I was 4 to see the 2004 house and it's one the most clear memories I have. I remember going to the house twice more. It being at dreamworld just made me feel like it was more then a show. My mum would always talk about Sarah Marie along with my aunties and uncles and grandparents. Even up till 2011. So I had the impression that Big Brithe was a huge thing. So when 2012 launched I had really high expectations. The show at the start gave me the feeling but halfway I kinda lost it. And last years especially Lost it. But Idk k can't deseribe it really.
Exactly! There was this vibe and now it's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back