Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting back on topic...

I don't know if you guys felt it, but I dunno
Big Brother had a vibe to me, its own
It went with Channel 9

I guess it was the theme song, sound effects, design and house that made it have that vibe?
I dunno, but it made the the whole '24 Hour Surveillance' thing seem like it was an actual, i dunno Big Brother house
where with 9 it felt like a scripted soap opera like neighbours or home and away. I think the graphics etc made the show unique too, it had it's own design, not like category like, classical etc, it was just there
Also same with the house, they didn't really have a theme, well maybe but it just looked alright, but you could tell it was a big brother house

I just don't like all the fake housemates, even if they were real or whatever. Put a few people in who kinda live in boganville (not a super bogan but you know) How cool would it be if there was like a real barbie, and then a few other women, making everyone different

I don't know why though, it was just quality tv, it was a fun thing to watch, awesome thing to get hyped up about.
The type of show was unique, it wasn't like the block, or MKR

I don't know if they can fix the show though

It's quite simple - that vibe was the live feed. It was the backbone of the show and the backbone of the fan community and everything thrived off it. People watched the daily shows because of things they'd either seen or heard about off the live feeds.

It provided 24/7 coverage and social interaction in a way trying to engage with fans on Twitter, Facebook or JumpIn could never achieve. The show thrived over people being able to pick their own moments out of the day, not being spoonfed snippets of info as selected by staff at the channel.

Even for people who never watched the live feed the content generated from it in terms of discussion here, articles on the official website and wider news coverage really added to the show, and the live element always meant it felt like you really didn't know what was going to happen from one episode to the next. It was also a crucial aspect for the housemates, knowing everything they were doing could be being broadcast live. Remove that element and their focus surely switches to thinking about doing things to get them "airtime" in the daily shows.

With just the shows (and so few of them) on Channel 9 it became very formulaic very quickly - every week felt the same, especially with the voting system changed to favour voting out quieter characters, meaning the same people dominated the show week in, week out - which actually isn't as good for the show as producers think.

Any show though old and new is dependent on it's fans - so ripping away the part of the show which drew many fans to it in the first place doesn't seem the smartest of moves to make, and I maintain that the costs involved in streaming the show 24/7 are far less than the cost to Channel 9 in lost ad revenue due to lower viewing figures.

The live feed is really more important in the public version because obviously the public need to have a fuller idea of what is actually happening rather than just being manipulated by the edit. Not that the live feed in the US version isn't a positive, except that it's often blacked out to save stuff for the HLs even though they charge people a lot to watch it.

I actually saw 7 and 8 several years after they happened and so without the feed. But the variety of the casts, all the different storylines and the bigger budget evident in things like Friday Night Games meant I was still engrossed. And perhaps the fact that there was live feed meant the highlights couldn't be pushed as narrowly as we have often seen since. I just wish they had been fully vote to save, that's all. Otherwise it was just better quality.

I have just read on TV tonight that NINE is reviving Australia's got talent and that the voice will be back for a 5th series next year. Obviously they will have the block on again so is there even any room for Big Brother next year at all on Nine? I am now stating to think that most likely Big a Brother Australia is
truley over, but we never know it may come back next year. But if it does it looks like it would be on at 8:40 again. However at this point in time I'm seriously doubting it.

Big Brother deserves better than to be on Ch 9. They don't understand it and to be brutally honest the crap they dish out is not worth watching.

They got lucky in 2013 because the casting was spot on but the other seasons have been absolutely woeful and a major pain in the arse to sit through, take it as blessing in disguise.

It's far too much like the other realitve tv pap on Ch 9 that's geared to pander to the lowest common denominator, that is children under 13 and the oldies.

No offense but it's true, crap that's aimed at that demographic is painfully boring and trite. :p

I have just read on TV tonight that NINE is reviving Australia's got talent and that the voice will be back for a 5th series next year. Obviously they will have the block on again so is there even any room for Big Brother next year at all on Nine? I am now stating to think that most likely Big a Brother Australia is
truley over, but we never know it may come back next year. But if it does it looks like it would be on at 8:40 again. However at this point in time I'm seriously doubting it.

My heads hurts after reading this post...

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that. For starters I don't think Ch 10 would inflict on BB fans half the childish patronising cringeworthy shit that Ch 9 did in its 3 seasons.

HONESTLY 9 just give up already, you had the chance for three years to attempt to run the show with only one of your seasons being successful IMO... you have failed your audience. Give the show back to Channel ten rather then just storing it in your smelly trashcan with all your other shite reality shows. I get these sensations on what the show could have been like if it was still continued in 2009, what contestants would the show have, how would the house be like, would it have been for the better or worse with only one flutter of the butterfly effect... Well we would never know.

I mean it's not as if Channel 10's run wasn't without a number of series that were patronizing, cringe-worthy, or childish...[DOUBLEPOST=1436338910][/DOUBLEPOST]

They have...
Yeah but apparently this threads title states that they still are confident enough to host another season. Channel tens seasons were so much more better then 9s though. Last years season had to be the worst in history, even though they had more housemates then they ever had in any other previous season they still managed to fail the most.

Yeah but apparently this threads title states that they still are confident enough to host another season. Channel tens seasons were so much more better then 9s though. Last years season had to be the worst in history, even though they had more housemates then they ever had in any other previous season they still managed to fail the most.

Are we looking at the same thread?

Not in the slightest...
Well anyways due to their lack of consideration on Big Brother over the past three years I just believe it would be best if they handed it back to channel ten rather then risking another nail in the coffin.

There's nothing guaranteeing anyone else who could be interested in it would treat it any better than Nine did...

Granted towards the end of its run on Ch10, yeah BBAU did get kinda gimmicky with some of the intrusive commercial tie-ins on the show but IMO it was no where near as bad as Ch 9. Season 1 to 5 on Ch 10 were pretty good in that regard, there was very little interference from the producers and left the hms pretty much to their own devices for the majority of the time.

Looking back on it the gimmicks/twists introduced to spruce up the show from Season 6 to 8 were in 'good' taste and showed considerable amount of restraint (not as blatant and frequent) in comparison to the shameless constant bombardment of promotions and twists the f^ckwits from Ch 9 thought were necessary to hold the viewers attention.

I'd love to see it go somewhere else to see if they would do it better (eg SBS or Netflix), or if in this day and age the over-saturation of Reality TV means that BB can never live up to the expectations we have for it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back