Skip to main content

Show your pets

Today I said goodbye to my best friend for this past nearly nine years.

View attachment 47346

This year she suffered from meningitis, diabetes and cataracts (which led to blindness).

On Saturday I was told she had glaucoma in her right eye that caused her a great deal of pain. She was on painkillers, but the only real solution was to have the eye removed. It was also almost certain that it would eventually happen in the other eye.

So I made the terrible, gut-wrenching decision to have her put down today (4/12/14) at 4pm.

I had built an emotional wall up in the past few months, but when the injection was given and she went limp in my arms, the tears burst and my body was wracked.

R.I.P. Lucy

I love you, my sweet little angel Goose.

xo

So sorry to hear that @Rudiger . No matter how you prepare yourself, it hurts. Keep your good times close to your heart xo

View attachment 47297
My boy. (And ignore me with bedhead!) RIP sweet baby.
To my most dearest CaspersMum and CaspersDad,
So sorry to hear of your very traumatic news. I am so saddened to hear of your devastating loss. What a privilege and complete love-in it must have been to have your beautiful baby for 14 and a half years. I am shedding tears for you, believe me, I know the feeling. Without upsetting you more, I lost my beautiful little tortoise shell, Angela, a couple of years ago. I was always grateful to be there in the end for her and to hold her paw, kiss her and say goodbye. Seeing that you are the kindest soul on this forum, I bet he had the most magical and precious life imaginable. Kisses for you C-Mum. My little man Flynn would love to give your guy one last final salute, as only a cat knows how...hugs CaspersMum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
flynn.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1417814610][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh he is just gorgeous!!!
Thankyou beautiful lady...only gorgeous when asleep though;)

View attachment 47346

This year she suffered from meningitis, diabetes and cataracts (which led to blindness).

On Saturday I was told she had glaucoma in her right eye that caused her a great deal of pain. She was on painkillers, but the only real solution was to have the eye removed. It was also almost certain that it would eventually happen in the other eye.

So I made the terrible, gut-wrenching decision to have her put down today (4/12/14) at 4pm.

I had built an emotional wall up in the past few months, but when the injection was given and she went limp in my arms, the tears burst and my body was wracked.

R.I.P. Lucy

xo

So sorry little Lucy has gone Rudiger, and also sorry for the pain you are feeling right now.:( Although your decision was a difficult one, it was the best one for her and just shows how much you care about her. We never want to see those we love in pain and as a result will sacrifice to our own pain to do what's best for them.

You are a good person and I guarantee she knows she was and still is, loved by you.

xx

Last edited:

View attachment 47346

R.I.P. Lucy

xo

I'm so sorry. Lucy is such a cutie - I'm sure you gave her a wonderful life. RIP Lucy

Thank you so much for all the kind messages. You sure are a lovely bunch!

Thought I'd post a few more photos of my baby; "Lucy, this is [part of] your life":

2006: brand new puppy

2006 Lucy puppy.jpg

2009: chillin' on the table (as you do)

2009 Lucy on table.jpg

2012: haircut overdue

2012 Lucy hairy.jpg

2014: blind now, but still keen to have a play with her favourite ball

2014 Lucy ball.jpg

No matter how painful and distressing the last few days/months have been, those feelings are vastly outweighed by the joy and love Lucy's given me throughout her life.

View attachment 47346

R.I.P. Lucy

xo
What a sweet little possum face. I could barely get through reading your post about little Lucy. She's free from pain now and I'm sure she's around you somewhere in spirit even though I'm sure your house feels so empty. Our time with them is really so short but they're some of our most memorable xx

To my most dearest CaspersMum and CaspersDad,
So sorry to hear of your very traumatic news. I am so saddened to hear of your devastating loss. What a privilege and complete love-in it must have been to have your beautiful baby for 14 and a half years. I am shedding tears for you, believe me, I know the feeling. Without upsetting you more, I lost my beautiful little tortoise shell, Angela, a couple of years ago. I was always grateful to be there in the end for her and to hold her paw, kiss her and say goodbye. Seeing that you are the kindest soul on this forum, I bet he had the most magical and precious life imaginable. Kisses for you C-Mum. My little man Flynn would love to give your guy one last final salute, as only a cat knows how...hugs CaspersMum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
View attachment 47407[DOUBLEPOST=1417814610][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thankyou beautiful lady...only gorgeous when asleep though;)
Aw, thanks from both of us, @Shinigami !! That was beautiful! And we were very blessed with Casper. We were there when he was born and there cuddling and talking to him as he passed. We are coming to terms with life after Casper, which is pretty quiet. We do still have his biological Mom, though. So there are still purrs in Casa del Casper. Which is a very good thing.

So sorry about the loss of your Angela. :( Torties are gorgeous!!

And I want to steal Flynn while you sleep!! He looks like a bundle of love!!

Thanks again, Shinigami!! :kiss:

Thought I'd post a few more photos of my baby; "Lucy, this is [part of] your life":

View attachment 47409

View attachment 47410

View attachment 47411

View attachment 47412

No matter how painful and distressing the last few days/months have been, those feelings are vastly outweighed by the joy and love Lucy's given me throughout her life.
Oh my goodness!! She is just a beautiful dog!! What a sweet face!! You were blessed to have each other!! Hang in there, @Rudiger ! (((hugs))) from way over here!!

View attachment 47346

R.I.P. Lucy

xo
Oh this made me cry, so sorry for your loss, and what a tough decision ... Hugs xx

View attachment 47409

View attachment 47410

View attachment 47411

View attachment 47412

Lucy, you divine creature...I feel like I know you through @Rudiger Take it easy on yourself this week darls. Thankyou for sharing your beautiful story and delish ball of fluff pics:kiss:

Back