Skip to main content

Show your pets

Thanks for asking, shadow. I'm so very sad to say that he passed away. As the weather got colder, his condition worsened and it turns out that he had bony growths on the vertebrae in his neck which caused nerve damage in his front legs. Eventually he couldn't walk and the drugs weren't controlling his pain so we made the only choice we could. He was my happy, happy boy until the last few weeks. Five weeks later my darling old girl, Gemma, developed liver and kidney failure and we were on that awful trip to the vet again. She was nearly 17 and it was sudden. Six weeks earlier she's had a clean bill of health from the vet. She and Pedro were very close, too, and loved a gentle, geriatric play. I'm not coping very well, I'm afraid.

I'm so sorry *big hugs* xo

Thanks for asking, shadow. I'm so very sad to say that he passed away. As the weather got colder, his condition worsened and it turns out that he had bony growths on the vertebrae in his neck which caused nerve damage in his front legs. Eventually he couldn't walk and the drugs weren't controlling his pain so we made the only choice we could. He was my happy, happy boy until the last few weeks. Five weeks later my darling old girl, Gemma, developed liver and kidney failure and we were on that awful trip to the vet again. She was nearly 17 and it was sudden. Six weeks earlier she's had a clean bill of health from the vet. She and Pedro were very close, too, and loved a gentle, geriatric play. I'm not coping very well, I'm afraid.
Oh Jam, I am sorry to hear that, both your babies. I have no words, makes me sad though and I am truly sorry for your loss. It still amazes me how we just love our pets so much. Without making this about me, I love my girl so very much too so I can imagine what you are feeling right now. Take care xx

I am so sorry to hear this Jam :( Joy sends her puppy kisses and slobbers to you xxx

I'm sorry for your loss Jam. I feel your pain. I've lost both of my dogs in the last few years. They were both old as well, 17 and 14. The little one died almost a year to the day after his best friend died. It's so hard. I just try to remember they had long and happy lives. I didn't even want a dog. My ex brought her home one day and I was like no, no, no, no dog! She turned out to be my and my children's best friend for 17 years, long after I got rid of the ex. ;) Take care.

I'm sorry for your loss Jam. I feel your pain. I've lost both of my dogs in the last few years. They were both old as well, 17 and 14. The little one died almost a year to the day after his best friend died. It's so hard. I just try to remember they had long and happy lives. I didn't even want a dog. My ex brought her home one day and I was like no, no, no, no dog! She turned out to be my and my children's best friend for 17 years, long after I got rid of the ex. ;) Take care.

Oh, I know! My Gemma was my shadow and my best friend for over 16 years. I'm trying to remember the good times, but that hurts, too. I know she and Pedro had great lives with us. I'm just selfish and miss them terribly. They're fine and pain free now.

xxx

Back