Skip to main content

Show your pets

She is doing great now. On a special diet, handling it well. Thanks for asking xx

Awesome - good to hear - I suppose it is a diet without fat and cereal? Does she have EPI?
My girl is on a pretty strict diet - sometimes it changes ...... Raw Roo, Brown Rice - some bean and carrots, and some chicken livers and chicken necks

She is not a dog that gets scraps (unfortunately)

My old boy has very bad arthritis, a bit of incontinence and doggy dementia. He's not doing very well. We love him dearly but I think the end is near. He still loves his food, though.

Oh. MY. Fucking. God!

So we Billyproof the yard and left Bill outside alone for the first time since buying the house yesterday. I was so nervous leaving him I felt I could vomit, but my partner assured me it would be fine. So after spending a few hours out, we finally pull up at home and nervously go to the back yard. No Billy. We frantically run around the yard trying to find him, when my partner spots him on the carport roof!!

He jumped from the side veranda (which you can see to your left of my partner) to the carport! This is a dog who was too scared to walk up fucking stairs a month ago! So it is official. I am going to have to quit my job because Billy can never be left home alone ever again!!

FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

The fact he didn't fall and break his neck is a miracle in itself!!

Oh. MY. Fucking. God!

So we Billyproof the yard and left Bill outside alone for the first time since buying the house yesterday. I was so nervous leaving him I felt I could vomit, but my partner assured me it would be fine. So after spending a few hours out, we finally pull up at home and nervously go to the back yard. No Billy. We frantically run around the yard trying to find him, when my partner spots him on the carport roof!!

He jumped from the side veranda (which you can see to your left of my partner) to the carport! This is a dog who was too scared to walk up fucking stairs a month ago! So it is official. I am going to have to quit my job because Billy can never be left home alone ever again!!

View attachment 49029 View attachment 49030

Oh poor Billy, silly boy

Reactions: Tee
Oh. MY. Fucking. God!

What is he some kind of super dog or something? How the heck did he jump that?
Glad to hear he is ok x
Hope YOU'RE ok :)

Joy has cut her Paw Pad - like sliced it off and it is hanging like a clingon :( As she thinks she is is SuperDog and has to run everywhere and work all day long - I am at my wits end to keep her settled for recovery ........... Vet reckons it is going to be about 3 weeks ....... I now have to find many mind games for this beast - wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!

Oh. MY. Fucking. God!

When my Girl was like 8 weeks old, I left her behind a gate to the stairs, whilst I was working downstairs - outdoors. The staircase is like a 100 year old structure, with very slim openings - she found a way, to slip thru, run out and find me ...... Very determined, she was .......... and well, now your Billy, seems to be a very smart doggie :) Just block those escapee bits, close a door or two and you will be AOK - I am sure you will work it out, I mean, doggie proofing your haven should be the number one priority (seeing that doggies can't read the rooll book of human life) and if they shit somewhere - just make sure you are feeding them good food, so it is compact and easily able to collect with a scoop of you hand, enclosed in a poop bag and SMILE!

I must admit, I would be really freaked out to find my pooch on a roof! He would have been so glad you guys came home when you did. Typical smart pooch, testing and learning his boundaries xxx[DOUBLEPOST=1433780781]

So it is official. I am going to have to quit my job because Billy can never be left home alone ever again!!

hahahaahhhhhhhaaaaaa - AS Much as I know this is a joke, I have spent my hours not leaving my dog alone - I know I am a weirdo, but I have the best protection I can ever ask for - and YES I will never need a Condom lol - JOKING!

Joy has cut her Paw Pad - like sliced it off and it is hanging like a clingon :( As she thinks she is is SuperDog and has to run everywhere and work all day long - I am at my wits end to keep her settled for recovery ........... Vet reckons it is going to be about 3 weeks ....... I now have to find many mind games for this beast - wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!

Joy still has a ripped up paw pad ........ I have to change dressings 2 x a week - but she decided to rip it off after one day :( Lucky I had assistance to put the bandages back on ....... she was limping worse that when she first did the injury after that ggggggggggrrrrrr.

Damn hard nutcase dogs :(

Joy still has a ripped up paw pad ........ I have to change dressings 2 x a week - but she decided to rip it off after one day :( Lucky I had assistance to put the bandages back on ....... she was limping worse that when she first did the injury after that ggggggggggrrrrrr.

Damn hard nutcase dogs :(
Sorry to hear.

How is she now?

Sorry to hear.

How is she now?

Still isn't100% Not totally repaired - but I have been able to change her bandages by myself! That is, in fact huge, that she allows me to do that :) Maybe I am being a bit over the top, by not allowing running on her paws until they are totally better?

I am going to buy her some doggy boots. The police dogs wear them. They cost $100 but I reckon she needs them. The Vet bill was around $200, so if I can prevent an injury like this, I think it is well worth it :)

When we relocate, I am going to start training her for Search and Rescue

My cockatiel Pretty Boy died. He's flown off to be with the love of his life Sweety who died a few years ago. He was just old. I found him huddled up peacefully in the corner of his cage. My other cockatiels have been going mental all day. :(

Oh my oh my @Alias that is sad - They are awesome birds , so loving and all :( How old was he? Not sure of the life span.
May Pretty Boy and Sweety tweep on in birdy heaven forever more xxxx

Much love sent xxxxxxx

My old boy has very bad arthritis, a bit of incontinence and doggy dementia. He's not doing very well. We love him dearly but I think the end is near. He still loves his food, though.
How's your boy?

Oh my oh my @Alias that is sad - They are awesome birds , so loving and all :( How old was he? Not sure of the life span.
May Pretty Boy and Sweety tweep on in birdy heaven forever more xxxx

Much love sent xxxxxxx

Thanks Hooley. xo They are very clever birds with very distinct personalities. He was a very shy, quiet bird compared to the others. I think they can live to about 25. Pretty Boy was 15. Him and Sweety were the parents of the three that I have left.

How's your boy?

Thanks for asking, shadow. I'm so very sad to say that he passed away. As the weather got colder, his condition worsened and it turns out that he had bony growths on the vertebrae in his neck which caused nerve damage in his front legs. Eventually he couldn't walk and the drugs weren't controlling his pain so we made the only choice we could. He was my happy, happy boy until the last few weeks. Five weeks later my darling old girl, Gemma, developed liver and kidney failure and we were on that awful trip to the vet again. She was nearly 17 and it was sudden. Six weeks earlier she's had a clean bill of health from the vet. She and Pedro were very close, too, and loved a gentle, geriatric play. I'm not coping very well, I'm afraid.

Back