Skip to main content

Show your pets

View attachment 47297
My boy. (And ignore me with bedhead!) RIP sweet baby.
What a handsome man he was. Run free over the rainbow bridge lil buddy.
In some ways it's far more difficult when our pets go than some humans... Our pets don't expect anything out of us and they love us anyway.

Well, they expect to be fed and get pretty cranky with us if they don't get scraps haha
Thinking of you @CaspersMum xx

@CaspersMum @glamourama

The Rainbow Bridge

Gate_Pic_100213.jpg

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

@CaspersMum @glamourama

The Rainbow Bridge

Gate_Pic_100213.jpg

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

No matter how many times I read this it makes me teary. :(

@CaspersMum @glamourama

The Rainbow Bridge

Gate_Pic_100213.jpg

That's beautiful, @Kaz. xo

What a handsome man he was. Run free over the rainbow bridge lil buddy.
In some ways it's far more difficult when our pets go than some humans... Our pets don't expect anything out of us and they love us anyway.

Well, they expect to be fed and get pretty cranky with us if they don't get scraps haha
Thinking of you @CaspersMum xx
Totally agree, @misspuddingface! Thanks for that. Xo

Today I said goodbye to my best friend for this past nearly nine years.

Lucy 2009 a.jpg

This year she suffered from meningitis, diabetes and cataracts (which led to blindness).

On Saturday I was told she had glaucoma in her right eye that caused her a great deal of pain. She was on painkillers, but the only real solution was to have the eye removed. It was also almost certain that it would eventually happen in the other eye.

So I made the terrible, gut-wrenching decision to have her put down today (4/12/14) at 4pm.

I had built an emotional wall up in the past few months, but when the injection was given and she went limp in my arms, the tears burst and my body was wracked.

R.I.P. Lucy

I love you, my sweet little angel Goose.

xo

View attachment 47327

@CaspersMum I found this when I was looking for something else and immediately thought of you. @glamourama I believe it to be just as true for dogs as well. Blessings to you both.
Thank you xx

It's devastating losing a pet, especially when you spent every day with it for so long. I still get a bit upset at times thinking about my dog. We used to swim every morning in my pool and it's so weird now swimming again and he isn't there.

@Rudiger Lucy was a real cutie pie. I'm so sorry for your loss. There's a lot of grief for forum folk at the moment.
God bless you.

View attachment 47346

This year she suffered from meningitis, diabetes and cataracts (which led to blindness).

On Saturday I was told she had glaucoma in her right eye that caused her a great deal of pain. She was on painkillers, but the only real solution was to have the eye removed. It was also almost certain that it would eventually happen in the other eye.

So I made the terrible, gut-wrenching decision to have her put down today (4/12/14) at 4pm.

I had built an emotional wall up in the past few months, but when the injection was given and she went limp in my arms, the tears burst and my body was wracked.

R.I.P. Lucy

xo

Oh Rudiger.
I am so sorry :(

Lucy looked like a cute little friend.

Thoughts are with you x

Oh @Rudiger I keep looking at that photo of Lucy over and over, such a sweet little face. I'm really sorry for your loss. She was lucky to have a loving owner like you, that's more than some dogs ever get - right up to to the end too. A vet told me that some owners say their goodbyes and then leave the room only for the pet to look around and wonder where they went and they then leave the world distressed. But it sounds like Lucy left peacefully, and continues to be in peace now.

View attachment 47346

R.I.P. Lucy

xo
Oh @Rudiger, I am so very sorry for your loss!! Big big hugs, hun. :( She is beautiful and she loved you with everything she had. You did the best thing and trust me when I say it is the hardest decision ever.

View attachment 47346

R.I.P. Lucy

xo
Lucy. Beautiful....just beautiful. A lot of kisses goes out to you, from my heart and soul.

@Rudiger

Lucy looks adorable. I'm glad her pain is over and hope that soon you'll start remembering the great life you shared together, rather than the very sad end. You did the right thing to end her suffering, hard as it is to have to make that decision.

@CaspersMum @glamourama

The Rainbow Bridge

Gate_Pic_100213.jpg

That my friend, was fucking beautiful

View attachment 47346

R.I.P. Lucy

xo
I'm so sorry to hear that, I'm sure what you did was right.

Back