Skip to main content

Saturday Showdown Shelly Craft, Mike G & Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like we're borrowing from BBUS with the "Haves" and "Have Nots"
interesting.....

The thread title was only changed in the last hour or two whereas I posted that over 2 weeks ago ;)

yeah, i thought all the comments sounded familiar, but hadnt read the title before, and didnt look at the date, and didnt see 2 more pages of posts.... so yeahhhh, my bad! D: sorry!

FNL did affect the powers that the winner had, and whilst I don't know all the ins and outs of how the US HOH works, I hope it's not a game show that favours those of certain attributes, whether that be brains OR brawn.

And WTF happens AFTER the 4 weeks ?

I was thinking it might move back to Fridays?

Although, despite football season ending soon, it's still a little more than 4 weeks away...

Let's not forget the late night TBA slot on GO! on fridays.

EDIT: though maybe that's a repeat of a special from thursday night. hmmm

i watched a couple seasons of BBUS a couple years ago, they differ from physical to brainy or both, sometimes in rounds, sometimes just one big game. brainy games were generally true/false, A or B kinda thing, get it wrong and youre knocked out, last one standing wins.

either way, physical games are always going to be better to watch.

Wow I really like the Mike G, Shelley Craft and Michael from last years BB combo. Shelley is a really friendly and warm presenter and Mike G is a staple of Big Brother and feels more legit with him. I like the idea of Michael hosting too, he's loved amongst the general public and he's actually a great host from when I watched the video on their YouTube page of him interviewing people on the housemate hunt. Gathering from the description of the show it's looking more like a rich and poor divide within the house. Bring it on!

Yeah, I'm really not keen on Michael from last year presenting. Give the job to an unknown who's actually been putting in the hard work to break into the industry and stop handing things out to former housemates. I've already seen so many instances of this lately, and I'm sick of it. Once they are out of that house, then I don't care about them.

And Shelley Craft is likeable enough, but she is becoming a very overexposed personality at Channel 9. If I'm not missing anything, this will be the third show she's doing for Channel 9. Overexposing a personality carries the risk of damaging their brand and turning people off all shows they are involved in. Eddie McGuire and Kyle Sandilands come to mind here.

Hang on...
i just noticed something, if shelly hosts AFHVS then big brother saturday slamdown
how would that work because AFHVS tapes 1 night prior to airing

FHV is prerecorded...
saturday slamdown will be live...
theyre both filmed on the gold coast anyway...
i dont see the problem?

So out of all the HMs from last year they could use they opt for the one I couldn't stand.

FHV is prerecorded...
saturday slamdown will be live...
theyre both filmed on the gold coast anyway...
i dont see the problem?

um noo...
FHV is filmed in ch 9's TCN (Sydney) studios
and it would take a whole day to fly up to the GC

um noo...
FHV is filmed in ch 9's TCN (Sydney) studios
and it would take a whole day to fly up to the GC
It takes a whole day to fly from here to you in Australia, so I doubt it takes a whole day to fly from Sydney to the Gold Coast.

Hang on...
i just noticed something, if shelly hosts AFHVS then big brother saturday slamdown
how would that work because AFHVS tapes 1 night prior to airing
FHV isn't airing at the moment is it? Plus I assume sat showdown will be talking FHV timeslot anyways? 6.30pm sat?

takes 1.5 hours from sydney to the gc
it used to be filmed on the Gold Coast then, and it's been a very long time since I've actually watched it hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back