Skip to main content

R U OK Support Thread

@Mr Stickyfingers

Woo-hoo you go you good thing!!!

I've had a computer upgrade & I've lost my ability to gif :(:(:(:(

Below is a moving pic of my fave dr..... I still can't bring myself to watch a lady dr! (ps if it ends up a pic & not a gif, lets all just pretend it's a gif, okay? :D )

Fgs9CwhiTzM1XpWs7

View attachment 54698

..thanks el’coopo... (I still crack up at that pic of your dog)... and yes... I totally agree on your choice of your favourite Doctor...as for a female Doctor?... we’ll my opinion is still iffy on that lol!... cheers.

That is really exciting news @Mr Stickyfingers! I'm sure the home will be beautiful and perfect for you when it's done. It might not have been where you were planning to be but it does sounds like you've ended up in the right place for you, your wife and your family. I'm a little jealous - it sounds beautiful

That is really exciting news @Mr Stickyfingers! I'm sure the home will be beautiful and perfect for you when it's done. It might not have been where you were planning to be but it does sounds like you've ended up in the right place for you, your wife and your family. I'm a little jealous - it sounds beautiful

...thanks Declan my friend... I’m being really smart here... I’m letting my sweet darling wife (with the great help from our daughter and her husband) do all the renovations to the inside of the new house but the double garage/computer room will be mine..mine...MINE!...lol!...

Great news Mr Sticky! Thanks for the updates.

...no worries mate...

It's great to see you on the forums again @Mr Stickyfingers. I am glad your recovery is progressing well.

...thankyou FatPants... I now have my own Ipad as of a couple of days ago so hopefully I’ll be here on a more regular basis... (whether that’s good or bad is up to the individual I guess) lol!... no more borrowing my sweet daughters Ipad anymore lol!...

@Mr Stickyfingers hope you have room to grow your herbs xxx Love sent xxxx

...I won’t have a backyard or any gardens to speak of (no more mowing grass or trimming trees anymore) but I will have a paved back yard courtyard and I have plans to do wonderous things with it with my Bonsai plants/potted container plants/ herbs/orchids and ferns etc that it will look quite good when I’m finished... (I hope so anyway lol!)...

...I just thought that I’d pop in here and let you all know what’s happening in the world of Mr Sticky... I woke up about a week ago and got the feelings in the palm of my right hand/inside of my fingers and my fingertips at last!... I was both elated and shocked at the same time... and then a few days later the same for the right foot!... well colour me flabbergasted (more like gobsmacked I reckon)... lol!.. I’m now able to get in the front passenger seat of our Mazda CX-5 now with more ease now (either my daughter or her husband do the driving at the moment of course)...

...I was right about the walking frame... the Physio’s are getting me to use it... I’m not doing too bad with it but there’s quite a lot of room for improvement unfortunately at this point in time but I’ll get there eventually of course...it’s only a matter of time (and my stubborness never to give up of course lol!)... it’s great to have the feeling in my tippy-toes again... it now helps with my balance more... it’s good to be able to actually feel the pen I’m holding in my hand at last too lol!...

...anyway that’s about it for now... no need to bore you any further lol!... cheers.

Bit Late - BUT -
R U OK?Day (Thursday 12 September, 2019) is our national day of action dedicated to reminding everyone that every day is the day to ask, “Are you ok?” and support those struggling with life's ups and down . This year we want everyone to Trust the Signs, Trust your Gut & Ask R U OK?

I hope you are feeling much better now Hooley when you read this. Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. Whenever I feel overwhelming low or sad I take comfort that usually these feelings will soon pass. I will feel better tomorrow. I don’t know what you are going through at the moment and how tough everything is for you right now but I hope it has passed and if not soon will.

Sending all my love ❤️❤️❤️ and a ray of sunshine ☀️☀️☀️ to you Hooley.

Back