• Welcome to the discussion forums. To get posting, register an account. You can also register with your Facebook or Twitter login.

R U OK Support Thread

hooleydooley

Hey guys - I hope you are all doing well :)

I have created this new thread and hopefully, it will be a place of support and positive energy for those that hang here.

Please be respectful towards others and if you have nothing nice to say, please do not say it.

A Thread for Support, OK?

xxx

Last edited:

hooleydooley

Well, I am still awaiting some form of settlement but it is not looking good. I just have to try and be positive. That is the only way :)

Fiona

Had a big shock last night. I was looking at the memories thing that comes up on facebook and found comments that someone had made on a post of mine. I clicked on his name and discovered that he had died - in late February. We hadn't seen each other for about four years for various reasons. I thought of him often and loved him dearly as a friend. From what I found out, he had had a heart attack a few weeks shy of his 31st birthday. I'm still reeling and cannot process this news easily. I couldn't get to sleep last night and when I did, I dreamed about him. He was fit, worked in the fitness and building industries and was a lovely, lovely man. I'll miss him forever.

shadow2

Had a big shock last night. I was looking at the memories thing that comes up on facebook and found comments that someone had made on a post of mine. I clicked on his name and discovered that he had died - in late February. We hadn't seen each other for about four years for various reasons. I thought of him often and loved him dearly as a friend. From what I found out, he had had a heart attack a few weeks shy of his 31st birthday. I'm still reeling and cannot process this news easily. I couldn't get to sleep last night and when I did, I dreamed about him. He was fit, worked in the fitness and building industries and was a lovely, lovely man. I'll miss him forever.
Oh thats so sad, so young too. Do you know any of his family that you could contact and speak to?

Fiona

Oh thats so sad, so young too. Do you know any of his family that you could contact and speak to?
I don't. He was my personal trainer about ten years and we became friends. I've been out to the cemetery and said goodbye. I got onto one of his friends and asked him for details and he told me that it was a heart attack.

delcan

Future Real Housewife
Awesome site donor
I'm sorry to hear that. Give yourself time to grieve. It sounds like you blessed to get to know him.

hooleydooley

I don't. He was my personal trainer about ten years and we became friends. I've been out to the cemetery and said goodbye. I got onto one of his friends and asked him for details and he told me that it was a heart attack.
Awesome you said goodbye - Life is so fragile and to leave at such a young age is a reflection. I will always say it with a tune

hooleydooley

So I am thinking about my options ....... I have to move NOW ...... @55 it is scarey - but I m sure it will all be OK - even though it is more scarey than I first thought ..................... Oh hell with it, I will just go listen to a tune ................

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
@hooleydooley good luck whenever, wherever you land - I am unimpressed with WA these days, lived there when it was different & wild, now it is just like an ENORMOUS SUBURB spread everywhere.
And eventually, the southern part where everyone I have ever known in WA now resides, will be like a new state with its own airport.
Get out while you can.

So, is there a huge footy match on this weekend with WA v VIC team? For airfares jump to $300+
Or some event???
Fare is usually about $165.
We have to get there sooner rather than later:)

hooleydooley

@hooleydooley good luck whenever, wherever you land - I am unimpressed with WA these days, lived there when it was different & wild, now it is just like an ENORMOUS SUBURB spread everywhere.
And eventually, the southern part where everyone I have ever known in WA now resides, will be like a new state with its own airport.
Get out while you can.

So, is there a huge footy match on this weekend with WA v VIC team? For airfares jump to $300+
Or some event???
Fare is usually about $165.
We have to get there sooner rather than later:)

No Events I know of! West Coast is playing Melbourne, so that is not huge and School hodays are over. That is a huge increase !!!

Reactions: kxk

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
So apparently that WC v Melb is responsible for the huge hike, up to almost $400, good grief.
Interesting stuff you find out from going and back & forth a lot.

Footy nuts, who knew...

Things are getting really scary, and this distance is unbearable sometimes

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
Indefinitely, one way ticket...
Bringing 2 sisters with me, both are unwell, one physically one mentally, if one doesn't behave she will get shoved away to exile.

I am lucky to have a friend that will pick us up from the airport and express trip to Bunbury St John of God.

Pray for us anyone.

kxk

SAPIOSEXUAL
Thank you sincerely @qtkt, I am so afraid and so is she, my baby sister has had a tough life with some awful luck.
A gentle soul she is a scientist, works with dolphins.
We need a little more time, if you could ask in your prayers, just for some time.
Thank you again.