Skip to main content

R U OK Support Thread

I'm in the business @Mr Stickyfingers and I've seen people we never thought would walk again walk past me a year later. I always think to myself now "I can't wait to see them walk up to my desk in a years time". Stay positive - you have the determination and spirit to do this. Sometimes it's just easier out of hospital

I seem to have come to a stop or have even gone a little backwards in my recovery at the moment because I was getting about 2 hours a day training at Penrith Nepean Hospital but am only getting about 20 minutes training a day at Belmont Hospital because they are not so strict in the gym here
Time to play the grumpy old man card and insist they do their bloody jobs!

Slow and steady wins the race, so hang in there, Sticky, keep at it. :)

...hey all...I was allowed out of Hospital on day release on Saturday... what a buzz... I returned on Sunday afternoon about mid afternoon... we went to the Caves Beach pub... we had lunch and 2 beers with it... man!... how nice those beers were!... I’m due to be released from Hospital tomorrow permanently thank God... I’ve been in Hospitals since 20th January... needless to say... I’m totally over it... that’s about it to report at the moment... happy days indeed!... I’m so excited!...

I'm in the business @Mr Stickyfingers and I've seen people we never thought would walk again walk past me a year later. I always think to myself now "I can't wait to see them walk up to my desk in a years time". Stay positive - you have the determination and spirit to do this. Sometimes it's just easier out of hospital

...hey delcan you sweet lady...I’m determined to never say never... that was so good to hear... thankyou... it gives me such great hope to hear that...

Great news Mr Stickyfingers, hope you are home with the family soon.
Don't beat yourself up if your progress isn't as quick as you'd like, you'll get there with your attitude and determination.

...meglos my good friend... my attitude and determination are in full swing at the moment... I assure you my friend... thanks for assuring me... it does help...

Time to play the grumpy old man card and insist they do their bloody jobs!

Slow and steady wins the race, so hang in there, Sticky, keep at it. :)

...thanks for the pep talk Timmy my good friend... I’m getting out of here tomorrow so my recovery will now be in my hands at last (plus help from others of course)... but at least I’m now in control for once...

Thinking of you, and wishing you and your family all the best. You've come a long way, keep it up 😊

...thankyou for being so caring February... that’s soul lifting indeed... I’m sometimes quite overwhelmed by the caring and compassion by everyone on these forums... it’s great to know that people like all of you exist in this day and age... it’s very comforting... anyway my friends... that’s it for now... cheers.❤️👍😃👌😊

Hope everything is going well for you @Mr Stickyfingers in your recovery

Woopee, my friend who HAD cancer, is in REMISSION........dancing around the house with glee. We enjoyed such a beautiful celebratory lunch today.

Thank you Rev Kaye, for your prayers, and everyone for prayers and kind wishes here in our caring thread.

I am soooooooooo overjoyed, she is the kindest, gentlest, best friend, we went to school together and I love her like a sister.
Going through a lot of stressful stuff lately, so this is like a lovely rainbow:)

What fantastic news @kxk 😁🤩
I’ll keep up with an occasional prayer that she stays in solid remission. I reckon you could keep the celebration going a bit longer. One lunch is not enough. 🥳

Reactions: kxk
Been having a lot of anxiety lately... Nothing major is wrong in my life and I've actually had some things go really well for me lately... That said I still feel like I'm on the verge of tears at times and having to take a moment to breath deeply.

Been having a lot of anxiety lately... Nothing major is wrong in my life and I've actually had some things go really well for me lately... That said I still feel like I'm on the verge of tears at times and having to take a moment to breath deeply.
Sorry to hear that Kingston, "kia kaha" (stay strong). It'll sound trite to say it will pass, but it will. I do understand as I have experienced that frame of mind where even the smallest thing can inexplicably send you into a hole. It's the weirdest sense of fragility. Hang in there :)

Sorry to hear that Kingston, "kia kaha" (stay strong). It'll sound trite to say it will pass, but it will. I do understand as I have experienced that frame of mind where even the smallest thing can inexplicably send you into a hole. It's the weirdest sense of fragility. Hang in there :)

Thanks... I've been through it before and I'm sure this won't be the last time. Seems to be subsiding a bit...

I don't know I can help, but I can say that I know how you feel and I am only now trying to learn how to deal with my anxiety because it took me a long time to realise that was the what I was feeling. You're not alone and thank you for sharing because I think sharing is the first step in getting through this

I don't know I can help, but I can say that I know how you feel and I am only now trying to learn how to deal with my anxiety because it took me a long time to realise that was the what I was feeling. You're not alone and thank you for sharing because I think sharing is the first step in getting through this

Thanks... I also had no idea what it was until about 9 years ago. I got through periods where it’s vitually non-existent to periods where I can barely even handle it.

So I went on my first real date in an extremely long time tonight... And my anxiety is at an all time high. Believe it or not but I’m actually an extremely shy person. I also have an obsessive compulsive personality disorder with a bit of a perfectionist nature. I don’t think the date was terrible but I’m kind of left wondering it was the best first impression considering how nervous I was.

So I went on my first real date in an extremely long time tonight... And my anxiety is at an all time high. Believe it or not but I’m actually an extremely shy person. I also have an obsessive compulsive personality disorder with a bit of a perfectionist nature. I don’t think the date was terrible but I’m kind of left wondering it was the best first impression considering how nervous I was.

I know the feeling. Except I'm too gutless to ever actually go on a date when I am asked out. I think it's not unusual to come of as confident in one area of your life and feel shy in another area of your life. People give me compliments at work about how passionate and strong I am and I'm so shy and nervous in my personal life. And I hate compliments

Back