Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were all taken in by Drew. The way he spoke about HMs behind their backs was school girlish. Hope somebody enlightened him about worms to lose weight. You think he's dreamy, to me he looks like a horse with head horns.

Irrespective of how bluntly you put it, I can't argue with this. I only became a Drew fan (so to speak) when he began ripping mercilessly into Jade as he verbalized similar opinions I held of Jade, and I immediately loved him for it. But there's no denying that comparing Drew's bitchiness to Ed is like comparing rain that causes a flood (Drew) to a light morning drizzle (Ed). Yes we all talk about others, it's just that some seem to be constantly be consumed by it and it's unfair to pretend all bitchiness is the same.

Good grief [MENTION=35590]Pookie[/MENTION]. Get over it...your 'boy' Ed spent three months obsessing and talking about Tim and Drew. The only reason it didn't raise as much ire is because he can't string a sentence together and nor can his 'partner' Jade.

Ed for the most part started his bitching out of pure desperation, to get some negative traction on his nemeses (namely Tim and Drew) which he really never did accomplish. Whereas Tim and Drew had it in for Ed from very early on so IMHO it's fair to say Ed was not as 'obsessed' with Drew as Drew was with Ed. I know that devoted Drew fans would disagree with that and that's fine I'm not trying to change anybody's it's just my own personal view.

Irrespective of how bluntly you put it, I can't argue with this. I only became a Drew fan (so to speak) when he began ripping mercilessly into Jade as he verbalized similar opinions I held of Jade, and I immediately loved him for it. But there's no denying that comparing Drew's bitchiness to Ed is like comparing rain that causes a flood (Drew) to a light morning drizzle (Ed). Yes we all talk about others, it's just that some seem to be constantly be consumed by it and it's unfair to pretend all bitchiness is the same.

Ed for the most part started his bitching out of pure desperation, to get some negative traction on his nemeses (namely Tim and Drew) which he really never did accomplish. Whereas Tim and Drew had it in for Ed from very early on so IMHO it's fair to say Ed was not as 'obsessed' with Drew as Drew was with Ed. I know that devoted Drew fans would disagree with that and that's fine I'm not trying to change anybody's it's just my own personal view.

I'll deny I ever said this, but apart from your second sentence I think you've 100% nailed it here.

Obviously they all bitch, we all do, but like any other characteristic or behaviour there's levels. Just like how they all would have attention seeking tendencies to go on the show to begin with, Tim would be on the high end of that spectrum where someone like Matt would be a lot further down. Disregarding Drew's bitching by saying they all do it not only fails to acknowledge a trait that was a huge part of his character on the show, but it also suggests that his bitching and nasty comments are no worse than someone like Caleb's who probably said one bad word about someone the entire time he was in there.

Ed was harmless. His attempts at "bitching" while tedious in quantity were more humourous and desperate than actually harmful or nasty. His main line was that Tim was making him look bad and manipulating people, and while he became obsessive with that train of thought he never actually became consumed with laughing and bitching behind others back's like Drew did. I also agree 100% that Drew was far more obsessed with Ed than Ed was with him. Ed was obsessed with the idea that Tim was out to get him (and, judging by the fact that Tim said in the first week that it was his aim to make sure someone like Ed didn't win, Ed's perceived paranoia might have actually been justified). Ed's target was Tim, and now and again Drew copped the spillover of that because Ed knew he and Tim were friends. I got no indication whatsoever that Ed was obsessed with putting Drew down. If anything at times it looked like he wanted to be mates with Drew. Drew on the other hand clearly became consumed with bitching about Ed. They were personal stabs too...not the "wah he's making me look bad to the audience" line Ed threw around about Tim.

I like Drew a lot, and he seems like he's one of the good ones. But I'm also well aware that he's very charming. Yes, that's a "but."

I like Drew a lot, and he seems like he's one of the good ones. But I'm also well aware that he's very charming. Yes, that's a "but."
He's very charming, he can getaway with anything. Is that what you mean? And yeah I'm on the same boat, i like him a lot.

Tully's skin is so thick. She doesn't care that much for her ex's feelings. She cheated on her ex-ex with her ex on TV & now she shows her close relationship in public with her ex-ex after she "broke up" with her ex for a while. Respecting our exs is one of arts of breakup. We can choose what to share with the public. It's my take.

I'll deny I ever said this, but apart from your second sentence I think you've 100% nailed it here.

Obviously they all bitch, we all do, but like any other characteristic or behaviour there's levels. Just like how they all would have attention seeking tendencies to go on the show to begin with, Tim would be on the high end of that spectrum where someone like Matt would be a lot further down. Disregarding Drew's bitching by saying they all do it not only fails to acknowledge a trait that was a huge part of his character on the show, but it also suggests that his bitching and nasty comments are no worse than someone like Caleb's who probably said one bad word about someone the entire time he was in there.

Ed was harmless. His attempts at "bitching" while tedious in quantity were more humourous and desperate than actually harmful or nasty. His main line was that Tim was making him look bad and manipulating people, and while he became obsessive with that train of thought he never actually became consumed with laughing and bitching behind others back's like Drew did. I also agree 100% that Drew was far more obsessed with Ed than Ed was with him. Ed was obsessed with the idea that Tim was out to get him (and, judging by the fact that Tim said in the first week that it was his aim to make sure someone like Ed didn't win, Ed's perceived paranoia might have actually been justified). Ed's target was Tim, and now and again Drew copped the spillover of that because Ed knew he and Tim were friends. I got no indication whatsoever that Ed was obsessed with putting Drew down. If anything at times it looked like he wanted to be mates with Drew. Drew on the other hand clearly became consumed with bitching about Ed. They were personal stabs too...not the "wah he's making me look bad to the audience" line Ed threw around about Tim.

Ed was consumed with Tim and even more with himself because he is a self-absorbed douche. He didn't and couldn't have fun or do enjoyable things because of it. Drew made jokes about Ed because Ed was pitiful. Drew spent most of his time in the house trying to have fun, not worrying about Ed.

He's very charming, he can getaway with anything. Is that what you mean? And yeah I'm on the same boat, i like him a lot.

Yes. I just think it's a bit blind to think, for example, that he couldn't possibly do/have done anything to hurt Tully because he's such a good guy. Good guys do hurtful things too. She invites criticism while his charm deflects it, but neither is perfect.

Tully's skin is so thick. She doesn't care that much for her ex's feelings. She cheated on her ex-ex with her ex on TV & now she shows her close relationship in public with her ex-ex after she "broke up" with her ex for a while. Respecting our exs is one of arts of breakup. We can choose what to share with the public. It's my take.

love this, very funny hahahaha X XX X XX X X

Ed was consumed with Tim and even more with himself because he is a self-absorbed douche. He didn't and couldn't have fun or do enjoyable things because of it. Drew made jokes about Ed because Ed was pitiful. Drew spent most of his time in the house trying to have fun, not worrying about Ed.
Yes. I can only think of one time Ed seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself and the segment didn't even make it to the show. Drew wasn't obsessed with Ed by any means. Ed made himself an easy target for Drew with his bumbling and paranoia and he really amped it up in the final six weeks or so but it was there from his first week or so in the house. He just had more idiots around to take some of the blame in the beginning although everyone he tried to form an alliance with got pegged off one by one to the point where it became a running joke on here. But Drew spread that love around to other HMs also...as the #s started to dwindle Jade and Maddie found themselves in his crosshairs too. I like Ed now but I'm not sure how anyone could say Drew or anyone other than Jade was obsessed with Ed. The only sick obsession in the house (again other than Jade with Ed) was Ed with Tim and Tully with Drew/Drew with Tully.

Anthony Drew &#8207 [MENTION=27570]DREW[/MENTION]anthony88 2h
Of you're drinking from a plastic bottle right now think again, BPA can cause man boobs. You're welcome

Anthony Drew &#8207 [MENTION=27570]DREW[/MENTION]anthony88 2h [MENTION=27570]DREW[/MENTION]anthony88
*if, whatever

Drew said it, 'whatever', sounds foreign to me, never use it :rolleyes: ;) :D

Yes, Ed was consumed with Tim...not Drew. To be honest other than the "be careful" to Tully which seemed to be more about worrying Drew would get info from Tully about their "side" to give to Tim, Drew didn't really seem to be a blip on Ed's radar. Drew however seemed to spend a hell of a lot of time bitching about Ed. It wasn't mainly making fun of his Tim paranoia either. He consistently made bitchy comments about Ed as the ex-footballer and that stereotype, about Ed and guys from his social class, etc. He seemed to have a fairly sizable chip on his shoulder when it came to Ed as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, Ed was consumed with Tim...not Drew. To be honest other than the "be careful" to Tully which seemed to be more about worrying Drew would get info from Tully about their "side" to give to Tim, Drew didn't really seem to be a blip on Ed's radar. Drew however seemed to spend a hell of a lot of time bitching about Ed. It wasn't mainly making fun of his Tim paranoia either. He consistently made bitchy comments about Ed as the ex-footballer and that stereotype, about Ed and guys from his social class, etc. He seemed to have a fairly sizable chip on his shoulder when it came to Ed as far as I'm concerned.

WTF!!! You to have to give me an example of this...B/c I NEVER heard anything in reference to not liking Ed b/c of him playing football or his social class...??

(and also a note: THe show was edited to take the most interesting few hours of a whole week...A couple comments doesn't necessarily mean consistently bitchy)

Last edited:
WTF!!! You to have to give me an example of this...B/c I NEVER heard anything in reference to not liking Ed b/c of him playing football or his social class...??

Never said that's why he didn't like him, just that he used it to bitch about Ed. I can recall 3 conversations (two with Tim, one with Tully) where Drew brings those things up. I'm not looking for the LF videos now because honestly I'm starting to forget when everything happened so if you don't want to take my word for it (and I'm assuming you wont) then I completely understand.

Never said that's why he didn't like him, just that he used it to bitch about Ed. I can recall 3 conversations (two with Tim, one with Tully) where Drew brings those things up. I'm not looking for the LF videos now because honestly I'm starting to forget when everything happened so if you don't want to take my word for it (and I'm assuming you wont) then I completely understand.

He definitely mocked him using the footy thing on a few occasions that we saw, including after Ed's confrontation with Tully. I think it's a HUGE exaggeration to say that Drew was in any way obsessed with Ed or bitched about him "constantly," but yes, that happened.

He definitely mocked him using the footy thing on a few occasions that we saw, including after Ed's confrontation with Tully. I think it's a HUGE exaggeration to say that Drew was in any way obsessed with Ed or bitched about him "constantly," but yes, that happened.

I am probably exaggerating a bit by implying that he was obsessed with Ed but still, from what I can remember, he bitched, especially about Ed, a lot. I remember thinking while the show was on that in the bitchy department he was like a male Mikkayla. On top of the other stuff he liked talking about how "common" Ed was a lot which made me shake my head a fair bit given there's nothing about Drew's personality (I think his look is unique and gorgeous) that I found overly unique or interesting (although I do like him). Of course that is entirely my opinion (and I'm guessing an unpopular one) only so I don't want to upset anyone.

Last edited:

i like him as well. another passenger who needs someone to make 'SPACE' somewhere so i can leave my luggage, some cargo needs to be off-loaded :rolleyes: :)

i like him as well, another passenger who needs someone to make 'SPACE' somewhere so i can leave my luggage :rolleyes: :)

I actually like Drew a lot too. I think that's the reason he gets away with a lot of crap. He has one of those likable and easy going personas that you find hard not to like. I'm certainly not blinded enough to ignore what I see as an extremely bitchy side though and a sometimes less than accurate moral compass. My perception of Drew has always been that under the cool exterior he's a bit of a hothead (which I see as a good and bad thing) and that's the side that fuels the nastiness. I think at the core he's a good egg, but probably just needs to mature a bit which could be said about any of the HMs.

I actually like Drew a lot too. I think that's the reason he gets away with a lot of crap. He has one of those likable and easy going personas that you find hard not to like. I'm certainly not blinded enough to ignore what I see as an extremely bitchy side though and a sometimes less than accurate moral compass. My perception of Drew has always been that under the cool exterior he's a bit of a hothead (which I see as a good and bad thing) and that's the side that fuels the nastiness. I think at the core he's a good egg, but probably just needs to mature a bit which could be said about any of the HMs.

we never saw the hothead, would have been interesting if it is in him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back