Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
we never saw the hothead, would have been interesting if it is in him

I'm not sure if he's a hothead in the short fuse sense--I kind of can't see it--but I think we definitely saw glimpses of the not-so-laid-back side. After the Ed-Tully thing, again, and his rant about people saying stupid things at the dinner table, while totally hilarious, also maybe showed how he can get once he's reached the breaking point. I just don't really think he's mean by nature, but I do think he knows how to be.

More twitter drivel from Tully but thought I would remind you that the Nada Igual media night is tonight being hosted by Croft Shoes. From what I can see they normally have a media wall, photos etc. I'm pretty sure Drew will be there.

And yes, I think Kagan is going as well.

I am probably exaggerating a bit by implying that he was obsessed with Ed but still, from what I can remember, he bitched, especially about Ed, a lot. I remember thinking while the show was on that in the bitchy department he was like a male Mikkayla. On top of the other stuff he liked talking about how "common" Ed was a lot which made me shake my head a fair bit given there's nothing about Drew's personality (I think his look is unique and gorgeous) that I found overly unique or interesting (although I do like him). Of course that is entirely my opinion (and I'm guessing an unpopular one) only so I don't want to upset anyone.

Although Drew did pause for a second before adding that Ed was as just as common as him. :cool: I think after putting Ed down he quickly realised that it would reflect badly on him and went on to qualify those bitchy comments to soften them a bit. Being a straight guy I'm immune to his so-called charms and could see right through it. :cool: Part of why he made those of comments is because I believe he was still seething inside that Jade (who Drew had a lingering crush on) chose Ed over him. I'm a guy and I'm fairly sure that played a part in his on-going bitchfest about Ed, no doubt about it.

To me it's always been very obvious that Drew never gave Ed a chance and it could because as you've suggested Drew has a chip on his shoulder in regards to 'jocks'. Whilst Ed try numerous times to engage Drew in small talk to create some type of flitting bond (however tenuous), it was clear that Drew wasn't having a bar of it and couldn't wait to mock Ed's efforts to other housemates right after it happened.

So any time I hear people claiming Ed was 'obsessed' about Drew I can't help but think that they're suffering from the same condition that some guys suffer when they're in the presence of beautiful women. :cool: 'Beautiful' people get away with everything don't they? They can do no wrong in so many peoples eyes. I see this manifest itself in the fan bases of both Drew and Jade and it's effing scary.

Last edited:
Although Drew did pause for a second before adding that Ed was as just as common as him. :cool: I think after putting Ed down he quickly realised that it would reflect badly on him and went on to qualify those bitchy comment to soften them a bit. Being a straight guy I'm immune to his so-called charms and could see right through it. :cool: Part of why he made those of comments is because I believe he was still seething inside that Jade (who Drew had a lingering crush on) chose Ed over him. I'm a guy and I'm fairly sure that played a part in his on-going bitchfest about Ed, no doubt about it.

To me it's always been very obvious that Drew never gave Ed a chance and it could because as you've suggested Drew has a chip on his shoulder in regards to 'jocks'. Whilst Ed try numerous times to engage Drew in small talk to create some type of flitting bond (however tenuous), it was clear that Drew wasn't having a bar of it and couldn't wait to mock Ed's efforts to other housemates right after it happened. So any time I hear people claiming Ed was 'obsessed' about Drew and can't help but think that they're suffering from the same condition that some guys suffer when their in the presence of beautiful women. :cool: 'Beautiful' get away with everything don't they? I see this manifest itself in the fan bases of both Drew and Jade and it's scary.
Sigh...you could post this in the Jade thread. they'd love it there. 'Lingering crush'...I don't think so. Bruised ego...perhaps. But overall I think you're reading way too much into Drew's dislike of Ed, which I believe springs from the ant-intellectual macho posturing that Drew seems to believe defines football players. the fact that Ed was patently not that into Jade but was prepared to 'wear' her affections only reinforced his views.

Yes. I can only think of one time Ed seemed to be genuinely enjoying himself and the segment didn't even make it to the show. Drew wasn't obsessed with Ed by any means. Ed made himself an easy target for Drew with his bumbling and paranoia and he really amped it up in the final six weeks or so but it was there from his first week or so in the house. He just had more idiots around to take some of the blame in the beginning although everyone he tried to form an alliance with got pegged off one by one to the point where it became a running joke on here. But Drew spread that love around to other HMs also...as the #s started to dwindle Jade and Maddie found themselves in his crosshairs too. I like Ed now but I'm not sure how anyone could say Drew or anyone other than Jade was obsessed with Ed. The only sick obsession in the house (again other than Jade with Ed) was Ed with Tim and Tully with Drew/Drew with Tully.

Yes to all that.

I really don't care whether Drew or Ed were 'obsessed' with each other. In fact I don't think I'd even use the word 'obsessed' to describe how both talked about and interacted with each other.

My point is that if any of those 2 were to be described as 'obsessed' (not my words) then it would have to be Drew, that is all. Ed tried numerous times to reach out and establish a connection with Drew only be swiftly rebuffed and then mocked behind his back just for going of his way to be friendly.

And this is coming from a Drew 'fan' but who happens to be of the same sex and hence not blinded by his supposed male beauty. ;)

I really don't care whether Drew or Ed were 'obsessed' with each other. In fact I don't think I'd even use the word 'obsessed' to describe how both talked about and interacted with each other.

My point is that if any of those 2 were to be described as 'obsessed' (not my words) then it would have to be Drew, that is all. Ed tried numerous times to reach out and establish a connection with Drew only be swiftly rebuffed and then mocked behind his back just for going of his way to be friendly.

And this is coming from a Drew 'fan' but who happens to be of the same sex and hence not blinded by his supposed male beauty. ;)

Drew disliked Ed for lying to Tully and telling her that Drew was using her, it was a scumbag move by E D and Drew didn't forgive him for it (I don't think I would forgive that either).

@ roger_rourke: @ drewanthony88 You must be quite relaxed at the moment. Some people appear to be losing the plot. Very strange unfortunately.

@ drewanthony88: @ roger_rourke haha yeah, just chilling. It happens

@ roger_rourke: @ drewanthony88 You must be quite relaxed at the moment. Some people appear to be losing the plot. Very strange unfortunately.

@ drewanthony88: @ roger_rourke haha yeah, just chilling. It happens

Drew joining the cryptic tweeting game! Very rare, he usually steers clear of that business.

Think this along with Tully's 'following my drunk heart' blather earlier spell F-I-G-H-T. Any theories Reaper? This stuff is too complicated for me these days.

Drew disliked Ed for lying to Tully and telling her that Drew was using her, it was a scumbag move by E D and Drew didn't forgive him for it (I don't think I would forgive that either).
I think Drew was confused with Eds feeling for Jade at first with him pashing, and sleeping over in her bed when drunk etc and laughing about it with his mates the next day but it was really started the week that Matt and Ed went on attack towards Drully. (Matt had been bitchy about Tully for a few weeks about being over-emotional and about her feelings for Drew)
Ed said Drew made him look the fool by saving Jade with his showdown win, after Ed had just put her up for nominations instead of Tim.
Tim told Drew that Matt and Ed wanted to confront Drully at family dinner about their emotional cheating but chickened out last minute, and Ed also upset Tully that night with their drunken fight about not trusting Drew because he wasn't on their side (he was Team Tim)
Drew told Ben he tried to hang out with Ed in the gym after Caleb and Matt etc were gone but Ed really just wanted to obsess about Tim..so Drew got bored with Ed.
He didn't like the Jaded relationship, with Ed giving Jade his 'lucky rock' after their date etc and didnt believe he was really into Jade from previous conversations, so was probably going to leave Jade heartbroken.
Drew also saw Ed nominate him in face to face (when Drew hadnt nominated him that week) and made a fuss about Tim and Drew nominating Jade..so I'm sure Drew had enough to be annoyed with Ed at times, even though I heard Drew actually praise Ed to his face a couple times, and to Boog in those last few weeks.Boog and Drew were talking to each other, praising Ed about his football days, and also said it was shame he got injured etc

Last edited:
tee_smyth
5 minutes ago
Date night with @scarf Sunnies: @quayaustralia Tank: [MENTION=30779]August[/MENTION]street Skorts: [MENTION=24467]Love[/MENTION]somethin Bracelets: @lovisajewellery
e13003dea9b911e381ee0e1a2586fc7b_8.jpg

benfrombrisbane
1 hour ago
Graphics & props! 'Ben's Movie Wrap' is getting fancy... @_mornings9 #moviebuffs #movies #reviews #georgeclooney #themonumentsmen

74b370bea9b011e3a03d12dffe73ba36_8.jpg

timdormer
3 hours ago
Meatloaf got into my laundry and found my undies...Maybe he's a @5SOS fan? "look so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear" #5sos #5secondsofsummer #americanapparel #frenchbulldog #puppy

0f058762a99b11e3a9d60e8644d622dc_8.jpg

Last edited:
Tully Smyth ‏@tee_smyth 3h

I've always been a 'follow your heart, not your head' kinda gal but lately I think my heart is a little fucking drunk. #gohomeheart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back