Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like being a housewife. I won't lie. I love it. My husband and my kids really are my world. But I don't think prufrock meant it that way, though I see why it can be taken this way. But it's more the fact that jade seemed to rely on finding a husband and wanting this role is to be saved from her old life.

For the record I don't think she was looking for a "husband" per say. She just fell for Ed and I think she got a bit ahead of herself and started picturing a future with him. She obviously wants to be a wife and a mother at some stage (she does have obvious nurturing tendencies) but I don't think she specifically went in there to find a guy to start that. If that were the case, the first sign that Ed wasn't keen she would have just gone for one of the ones that were. I think she just wanted Ed, and although I never personally saw the appeal she really seemed to like him. And judging by her pics and tweets from the outside she seems to have a pretty happy little life so I don't think she ever really needed any "saving" either.

For the record, I don't think Jade is the least bit dumb either. I think she can say and do dumb things, like all of them and all of us ( for example, just scraped my arm up walking smack into a door jamb). I do think she willfully ignored Ed's signs at times, and may be somewhat naive if she genuinely believes that a man who ticks the Prince Charming boxes is necessarily going to be what makes her happy, but that's live and learn stuff.

I like being a housewife. I won't lie. I love it. My husband and my kids really are my world. But I don't think prufrock meant it that way, though I see why it can be taken this way. But it's more the fact that jade seemed to rely on finding a husband and wanting this role is to be saved from her old life.
I don't recall Jade saying anything about wanting to be "saved". She definitely wanted a change from her old life, but from everything we saw, that entailed a change in her career direction, towards acting, which she is working for herself. When she spoke about wanting a 1950s life, she was very specific that it was about love, about finding the love of her life, getting married, staying together forever (like her grandparents, NOT her parents) and her taking care of her family. Anyone with any level of common sense can see that part of this comes from her nurturing nature, part from her own childhood struggles as part of a divided family (on two continents!) and from her very recent breakup in which her long term boyfriend cheated on her. With that kind of background, yearning for the idealized version of family and relationships you've never had is normal, not some indication of intelligence level.

So many serious discussions in here this morning!

It looks like Alex is wanting to put some Kiwi's (hope that nickname is OK with all) in the house THIS year! I guess it would improve the NZ ratings when BBAU14 is shown there... Cheers @Inigo for finding that little tidbit!

#sweetasbro #choicecuz

Last edited:
For the record I don't think she was looking for a "husband" per say. She just fell for Ed and I think she got a bit ahead of herself and started picturing a future with him. She obviously wants to be a wife and a mother at some stage (she does have obvious nurturing tendencies) but I don't think she specifically went in there to find a guy to start that. If that were the case, the first sign that Ed wasn't keen she would have just gone for one of the ones that were. I think she just wanted Ed, and although I never personally saw the appeal she really seemed to like him. And judging by her pics and tweets from the outside she seems to have a pretty happy little life so I don't think she ever really needed any "saving" either.

I didn't get that message at all from her. She related to ed i thought because he spoke of family and kids and that's where the infatuation stationed from after she knew she thought him attractive. Good looking, family orientated, put together. She was. To happy with her life and stated that she wanted marriage and kids. The idea of ed and that housewife role seemed like she needed to be saved IMO.

Yeah I don't agree that she's unintelligent either. If I were to be judged based on my views of love or even some of the guys I adored in my early 20s especially, I think everyone would be surprised I can string a sentence together now.

How was Ed doing with the ladies? Was he on the prowl or just hanging out with the guys? Did he spend much time with Jaz or was Jaz hanging out with Boog and Drew or her own friends?

Since we all seem to be starting our posts with "for the record" I'll have a go as well....

For the record............ [MENTION=34034]LoveBB[/MENTION] I posted Alexs tweet a few pages back LOL. :)

I wonder if this next series of BB there will not just be Aussie HMs, but a few Kiwis and maybe an American. Considering that the fan base of BB has has grown to include a lot more Americans.

I don't recall Jade saying anything about wanting to be "saved". She definitely wanted a change from her old life, but from everything we saw, that entailed a change in her career direction, towards acting, which she is working for herself. When she spoke about wanting a 1950s life, she was very specific that it was about love, about finding the love of her life, getting married, staying together forever (like her grandparents, NOT her parents) and her taking care of her family. Anyone with any level of common sense can see that part of this comes from her nurturing nature, part from her own childhood struggles as part of a divided family (on two continents!) and from her very recent breakup in which her long term boyfriend cheated on her. With that kind of background, yearning for the idealized version of family and relationships you've never had is normal, not some indication of intelligence level.

To start with, let's leave the intelligence thing alone, because I never participated in that topic nor did I suggest that she is less intelligent for wanting a family. I kept my opinions separate from these remarks as I am a housewife and don't think I'm stupid. I'm Not sure if you are one jane, but there is a lot of work and skills in being one I think.

Jade did say things that made it appear she was not happy with her life. Just like how you make assumptions on what it all meant, I believe jade wanted saving. She was very specific that she wanted a married life and kids and ed wanting those things which is why her infatuation with him kept going. Anyone with a common sense would not all agree it's because of her nurturing abilities. Thats narrow minded to think otherwise.

So many serious discussions in here this morning!

It looks like Alex is wanting to put some Kiwi's (hope that nickname is OK with all) in the house THIS year! I guess it would improve the NZ ratings when BBAU14 is shown there... Cheers @Inigo for finding that little tidbit!

#sweetasbro #choicecuz
I hope [MENTION=36462]Layla[/MENTION] reads this. She will be so excited

How was Ed doing with the ladies? Was he on the prowl or just hanging out with the guys? Did he spend much time with Jaz or was Jaz hanging out with Boog and Drew or her own friends?
If he was on the prowl he was hiding it very well. I didn't see him with any girls at all, even at the pub other than a couple who asked for their picture and my friends. And actually if I hadn't seen it in this thread last night when we got back, I would never have known that Boog went down there with the Lowers. She was hanging out with her friends and Drew and Jazz. But there was a chunk of time that the guys dragged us off in search of Shane Warne and then we danced for awhile so I wasn't watching the BB crew the entire time but when I saw Jazz she was with Drew and Boog and flitting around with other people she knew too. Just from a very limited outside perspective I think the Lowers were doing their own thing and then the other 3 were also although I never saw Drew without one of the BB girls or that blonde one. (Just in case I wasn't clear... that blonde girl wasn't flirty or anything with Drew that I saw so don't panic Drully fans! It looked like a work/friend thing.)

Last edited:
I didn't get that message at all from her. She related to ed i thought because he spoke of family and kids and that's where the infatuation stationed from after she knew she thought him attractive. Good looking, family orientated, put together. She was. To happy with her life and stated that she wanted marriage and kids. The idea of ed and that housewife role seemed like she needed to be saved IMO.

I don't think Jade being attracted to Ed because he spoke of his family values meant that she specifically went in there to handpick herself a husband and picked Ed because of that. I love guys who have strong family values, I'd never be attracted to someone that didn't, and judging by how family orientated and close Jade's family is I doubt she would be either.

She asked Ed on a couple of occasions if he'd ever date a model/actress. I think that was indication enough that she was trying to find a way to keep Ed in her life, but obviously she didn't picture/dream her life post-BB to be her as a housewife married to him.

If he was on the prowl he was hiding it very well. I didn't see him with any girls at all, even at the pub other than a couple who asked for their picture and my friends. And actually if I hadn't seen it in this thread last night when we got back, I would never have known that Boog went down there with the Lowers. She was hanging out with her friends and Drew and Jazz. But there was a chunk of time that the guys dragged us off in search of Shane Warne and then we danced for awhile so I wasn't watching the BB crew the entire time but when I saw Jazz she was with Drew and Boog and flitting around with other people she knew too. Just from a very limited outside perspective I think the Lowers were doing their own thing and then the other 3 were also although I never saw Drew without one of the BB girls or that blonde one. (Just in case I wasn't clear... that blonde girl wasn't flirty or anything with Drew that I saw so don't panic Drully fans! It looked like a work/friend thing.)

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you had a great time.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you had a great time.
Yeah it's a good day but it's pretty full on. I should've stuck with my plan of heading to the pub for dinner before the polo ended as I think that would've helped break up the day a bit. I definitely would recommend someone do it if the weather is going to be good and they can score a free pass into a marquee. No way would I tell someone to buy one. Oh and rent a place for the night or at least crash at someone's house. Going there and back the same day is a mission with the traffic so I can only assume Drew wanted to gtfo Dodge desperately. No surprise haha

I wonder if this next series of BB there will not just be Aussie HMs, but a few Kiwis and maybe an American. Considering that the fan base of BB has has grown to include a lot more Americans.

Oh please, don't ruin your lovely show with Americans.

I find Americans funny on UK's CBB because they are just so lost & usually have no clue about BB but don't know about the regular show. Although they did have a Canadian that I loved & a LA gangster but I think they were both acclimated to British culture.

Last edited:
lol oh please. You can't seem to see Jade's name mentioned without feeling the need to throw in a stab about her "lack" of intelligence or qualifications. Give yourself more credit, you clearly do have the guts to say it, you have on repeated occasions.

The repeated intelligence knocks at someone with a learning disability doesn't sit right with me and it never has. I grew up and went all through school with a dyslexic best friend and the struggles she went through to even finish school were immense. Learning the type of information they teach you at high school school is challenging for anyone, let alone someone that might be struggling to read the content to begin with. My friend has significant intelligence insecurities, and they're the same ones we saw that Jade was obviously struggling with. I can tell you from my friend's experience that it's hard to take much of an interest in school when you have absolutely no confidence in your abilities because you can't even do the simple things that most people take for granted like reading for writing. The fact that Jade was able to finish school with a learning disability, while at the same time having to work extremely late every night to support her mother leads me to believe that she's probably nowhere near as "dumb" as you feel the need to imply constantly.

And I'd also like to point out that there are other forms of intelligence than the stuff you might acquire from reading a book. She's obviously very articulate and well-spoken, and she was often the first to work out what someone was up to in the house. She made it to the final in Showdown pretty much every week so she could obviously be quite strategic and practical as well. Oh, and she's freaking bilingual and English isn't even her first language. To me she's clearly very bright, even if she isn't in the classic academic way that a lot of people still rate intelligence on. Given my line of work I usually live by Einstein's quote of "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

It's fair to say that Jade's potential deficit in book smarts may make her incompatible with Drew. (To be honest as a Jade fan the idea of her ever being with Drew post like week 3 made me extremely uncomfortable but it had nothing to do with intelligence but I wont go into that now). However the way you make the cracks there always seems to be an underlying malice and I don't think I'm imagining it.

For the record I know that this post will come across as rude, and I know I'm about to get a heap of angry responses but to be perfectly honest I don't care. There's only so many times you can read the same cracks and roll your eyes into the back of your head before you feel the need to respond.

Oh and for the record [MENTION=33321]delcan[/MENTION] I understood what you were trying to get at with your comment. You shouldn't have to explain yourself and delete anything. If people can't see it for the way that it was intended then there's nothing more you can really do.

[MENTION=33321]delcan[/MENTION]: you shouldn't give anyone the power to make you angry, feel free to express your opinion here, we support you.

[MENTION=30044]Gem[/MENTION]imi: absolutely agree with you

I don't look down on people who have less of an education than me. I respect those who have low education with good manners than those who have high education but bad behaviours/ lack of moral values.

I think Drew & Tully seems to be normal as many of us, they are not geniuses or so talented. Many people have university degrees nowadays. Reading a lot of books is not a guarantee for being successful or happy in life or being a good person.

Jade is so blessed with lovely parents, adorable personalities & her appearance, smart-street. I believe that's enough for her to find happiness in life. If Jade was also as intelligent as Marie Curie, she may have to fly to other planets to look for a man who is compatible with her & women gonna cry for jealousy when seeing her photos haha God is fair & just, so nobody has everything.

Drew may allow his girlfriend to lead him like a sheep as he did with Tully in the house. Jade may prefer a man who protects her & gives her guidance. They both may be compatible with those who are controllers in their relationships. Just my opinions.

I'm suspicious that Tully may be a poster in this thread.

Last edited:
I don't think Jade being attracted to Ed because he spoke of his family values meant that she specifically went in there to handpick herself a husband and picked Ed because of that. I love guys who have strong family values, I'd never be attracted to someone that didn't, and judging by how family orientated and close Jade's family is I doubt she would be either.

She asked Ed on a couple of occasions if he'd ever date a model/actress. I think that was indication enough that she was trying to find a way to keep Ed in her life, but obviously she didn't picture/dream her life post-BB to be her as a housewife married to him.

No, you're right, she was attracted to ed because he was good looking, but the family side of him made that attraction stronger. For the record (feel left out for not using this), I am attracted to guys with the same values too. But I do think jade would have fallen for someone else had it not been for ed. She loves to love. And she wants it so bad IMO. Maybe things are differently now, but in the house she wanted to be saved and I wish I could see it differently but I don't

I find Americans funny on UK's CBB because they are just so lost & usually have no clue about BB but don't know about the regular show. Although they did have a Canadian that I loved but I think he was acclimated to British culture.

If they were to put an American in they would have to be a resident of this country and therefore at least have some knowledge of how BBAU is different to the US version and your comments makes it sound like you think Americans are bad. #justsaying

I find Americans funny on UK's CBB because they are just so lost & usually have no clue about BB but don't know about the regular show. Although they did have a Canadian that I loved & a LA gangster but I think they were both acclimated to British culture.

Hmmm.....You could find entertaining, interesting HGs and boring, one-dimensional douchebags in any country.

Not all Americans are like the bozos on CBBUK....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back