Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get my hopes up Pookie. And just tell me...will I have to endure a soap to see him?

I gather you might. Just putting it out there. Maybe the OS trip has stymied those plans though? Just saying.
I couldn't stand Drew from the moment he walked in. Can't bear guys with long hair. I found his snide sense of humour quite nasty. Still, I respect those of you who like him, we all like different sorts of people- don't attack me about it please.

Jade's learning disability has nothing to do with her intelligence . Look up all the famous dyslexics. One has nothing to do with the other at all. I've never BTW pointed out that her spelling is poor because that would be as a result of her dyslexia. I don't however find Jade articulate or in any way interesting. Anyone who wouldn't mind being a '50's house wife has me questioning her smarts.

You seem to think that her perceived lack of intelligence in the areas that Drew and Tully excel in (i.e. book smart, being well-read, etc) is something to be ridiculed. Those areas would be directly impacted on by a learning disability.

Anyway I've said my piece. Feels good to get it off my chest.

I gather you might. Just putting it out there. Maybe the OS trip has stymied those plans though? Just saying.
I couldn't stand Drew from the moment he walked in. Can't bear guys with long hair. I found his snide sense of humour quite nasty. Still, I respect those of you who like him, we all like different sorts of people- don't attack me about it please.
I'm old..I love long hair, and who you like or don't is your call ;)

I see [MENTION=35381]Gemini[/MENTION], is a fan of the term 'oh please'. Good girl! Lol

lol oh please. You can't seem to see Jade's name mentioned without feeling the need to throw in a stab about her "lack" of intelligence or qualifications. Give yourself more credit, you clearly do have the guts to say it, you have on repeated occasions.

The repeated intelligence knocks at someone with a learning disability doesn't sit right with me and it never has. I grew up and went all through school with a dyslexic best friend and the struggles she went through to even finish school were immense. Learning the type of information they teach you at high school school is challenging for anyone, let alone someone that might be struggling to read the content to begin with. My friend has significant intelligence insecurities, and they're the same ones we saw that Jade was obviously struggling with. I can tell you from my friend's experience that it's hard to take much of an interest in school when you have absolutely no confidence in your abilities because you can't even do the simple things that most people take for granted like reading for writing. The fact that Jade was able to finish school with a learning disability, while at the same time having to work extremely late every night to support her mother leads me to believe that she's probably nowhere near as "dumb" as you feel the need to imply constantly.

And I'd also like to point out that there are other forms of intelligence than the stuff you might acquire from reading a book. She's obviously very articulate and well-spoken, and she was often the first to work out what someone was up to in the house. She made it to the final in Showdown pretty much every week so she could obviously be quite strategic and practical as well. Oh, and she's freaking bilingual and English isn't even her first language. To me she's clearly very bright, even if she isn't in the classic academic way that a lot of people still rate intelligence on. Given my line of work I usually live by Einstein's quote of "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

It's fair to say that Jade's potential deficit in book smarts may make her incompatible with Drew. (To be honest as a Jade fan the idea of her ever being with Drew post like week 3 made me extremely uncomfortable but it had nothing to do with intelligence but I wont go into that now). However the way you make the cracks there always seems to be an underlying malice and I don't think I'm imagining it.

For the record I know that this post will come across as rude, and I know I'm about to get a heap of angry responses but to be perfectly honest I don't care. There's only so many times you can read the same cracks and roll your eyes into the back of your head before you feel the need to respond.

I agree with everything in the paragraph that I put in bold!

During primary school I was always the bottom of the class. I went to a public school and in year 4 my parents pulled me out and sent me to a private school, which was a very good thing for me. By the time I hit high school I was actually interested in reading novels (the first novel I read was harry potter) and could actually spell a lot better. I'm pretty sure I didn't/don't have a learning disability I was just one of those kids that got left behind.

Jade is obviously articulate or she would not of made into BB. Alex Macdihoweverthefuckyouspellhislastname said in an interview that the casting people look for potential HMs who can string a sentence together, now obviously they let one person slip through who can not (Ed).

I have just been making observations... I noticed Ed doesn't have many pictures with Caleb, Jazz , Drew or Tahan. He got along with most if them in the house (besides Drew). Also Drew doesn't have many pictures with Jade, Matt ( who doesn't follow him on twitter), Ed and the sugar sisters. When Tim was out of the house he had said there was a divide in the groups and a lot of drama was happening so events outside of the house have most likely further divided the groups. Wish we could watch them outside the house haha. Then there's housemates like Tully and Boog that get along with most housemates so good on them!

Yikes!!!....So you don't give a crap about someone's personality, b/c last time I checked your hair has nothing to do with your personality...

You seem to think that her perceived lack of intelligence in the areas that Drew and Tully excel in (i.e. book smart, being well-read, etc) is something to be ridiculed. Those areas would be directly impacted on by a learning disability.
Jade showed to me that she was not smart by trailing after Ed. Past that, as you well know, I think she's boring.

I see [MENTION=35381]Gemini[/MENTION], is a fan of the term 'oh please'. Good girl! Lol

Haha I seem to make pretentious expressions when I get worked up. Drew and I have that in common. (Btw, no, before anyone jumps on me, that wasn't a bloody crack at Drew).

I agree with everything in the paragraph that I put in bold!

During primary school I was always the bottom of the class. I went to a public school and in year 4 my parents pulled me out and sent me to a private school, which was a very good thing for me. By the time I hit high school I was actually interested in reading novels (the first novel I read was harry potter) and could actually spell a lot better. I'm pretty sure I didn't/don't have a learning disability I was just one of those kids that got left behind.

Jade is obviously articulate or she would not of made into BB. Alex Macdihoweverthefuckyouspellhislastname said in an interview that the casting people look for potential HMs who can string a sentence together, now obviously they let one person slip through who can not (Ed).

It's funny how that happens isn't it? There's been so many things in life that I reckon I'd have much more of an interest in if I wasn't terrible at it. That's great your parents were able to get you into that other school so you could discover how great reading can be. Unfortunately there's way too many kids with and without learning issues that get left behind and never get into it simply because they don't have the skills to do so.

Oh and for the record [MENTION=33321]delcan[/MENTION] I understood what you were trying to get at with your comment. You shouldn't have to explain yourself and delete anything. If people can't see it for the way that it was intended then there's nothing more you can really do.
I would like to make this very clear, please don't take as an attack gemini. It isn't meant to be one. I don't think delcan was attacked and I don't condone the victim role play that was trying to be created here as well. None of the responses given were harsh, rude or inappropriate. They were normal shocked responses as there was no evidence or clarity as to why the comments were made. Just like you question people saying the things they do without an understanding for it, that's how we all were. The huh? What the? Comments was a baffled response. The victim role play afterwards is what is off putting for me. Just like you have read cracks long enough and feel the need to response is the same for me on this. I have seen delcan do this so many times now I can't be bothered with it and called it out, but we sorted it out I hope and it's done with now. If posters want to post an opinion go ahead, but I don't care for the victim crap. Rant over.

Sorry if I offend you, but I wanted to clarify my role since I was involved.

Btw, on anther topic, [MENTION=37335]prufrock[/MENTION], adores boog. She isn't someone I classify as book smart ;).

Before I go out for the day...all the drama with the females in the house passed me by. I thought most of them were utterly forgettable. I must have channel surfed or gone to the loo when they were highlighted.
I didn't buy in to any of their drama, but the males were really interesting.
I only liked Tully Heidi and the 2 fem intruders.
What do others think?

Before I go out for the day...all the drama with the females in the house passed me by. I thought most of them were utterly forgettable. I must have channel surfed or gone to the loo when they were highlighted.
I didn't buy in to any of their drama, but the males were really interesting.
I only liked Tully Heidi and the 2 fem intruders.
What do others think?
Boogs and Tahan for me (in the house). Tully drove me nuts. That said, I also knew I'd never find her boring ;)

I would like to make this very clear, please don't take as an attack gemini. It isn't meant to be one. I don't think delcan was attacked and I don't condone the victim role play that was trying to be created here as well. None of the responses given were harsh, rude or inappropriate. They were normal shocked responses as there was no evidence or clarity as to why the comments were made. Just like you question people saying the things they do without an understanding for it, that's how we all were. The huh? What the? Comments was a baffled response. The victim role play afterwards is what is off putting for me. Just like you have read cracks long enough and feel the need to response is the same for me on this. I have seen delcan do this so many times now I can't be bothered with it and called it out, but we sorted it out I hope and it's done with now. If posters want to post an opinion go ahead, but I don't care for the victim crap. Rant over.

Sorry if I offend you, but I wanted to clarify my role since I was involved.

I certainly don't take it as an attack, far from it. I see what you're saying. I guess I just thought that delcan's comment was directly related to the one a couple previous that implied that Drew simply just didn't bother being nice to people that he didn't want to (i.e. Ed). I'm not sure I agree with that point because I thought Drew made a habit of sucking it up and being nice to people he had issues with to their face because it was his ploy to keep everyone on both sides onside...however I can also see where delcan's response would have fit into that given it was the line of discussion.

I'm certainly not offended. I wasn't even the one that made the comment lol. And to be honest I wasn't having a go at anyone either but more letting delcan know that some people did see where she was coming from. It's an awful feeling when you make a throw-away comment, everyone takes it a different way to what you implied and before you know it you have 10 people jumping on you.

Wow [MENTION=35181]Mrs Butterface[/MENTION]! That was an interesting read and I'm quite envious of you too. I'd be so fascinated by the surroundings and the people dressed to kill, I'd probably be a little overwhelmed lol. I'd want to sit with boog or drew. Im glad you went in there with an open mind and didn't go with your initial intention to delve into their personal lives. This way sounds like you were able to interact with them and see them react in a normal sense without the bb hype.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Someone on here (kxk I believe) suggested going for a swim. I tried it and have to say it worked.
I did go for a swim this morning! I'm not sure if it was that, the Panadiene or the coffee but I'm feeling much better now thankfully.

And yeah, after thinking about it I'm still happy with how it all went. I obviously wouldn't make a great private detective (that's an understatement) but it wasn't a BB event and they weren't the main attraction or even an attraction at all. They were just there like everyone else and I sure wouldn't ask total strangers about their personal lives or whatever so I'm not sure why I thought I'd feel comfortable doing it yesterday. I definitely didn't think it all through beforehand. But I'm sure they had a few randoms already do that as it was although from what I saw most people weren't even paying much attention to them at all as everyone was busy doing they're own thing and catching up with people they knew. At least not while we were in the same place anyway so I'm happy I didn't ruin that for them.

I certainly don't take it as an attack, far from it. I see what you're saying. I guess I just thought that delcan's comment was directly related to the one a couple previous that implied that Drew simply just didn't bother being nice to people that he didn't want to (i.e. Ed). I'm not sure I agree with that point because I thought Drew made a habit of sucking it up and being nice to people he had issues with to their face because it was his ploy to keep everyone on both sides onside...however I can also see where delcan's response would have fit into that given it was the line of discussion.

I'm certainly not offended. I wasn't even the one that made the comment lol. And to be honest I wasn't having a go at anyone either but more letting delcan know that some people did see where she was coming from. It's an awful feeling when you make a throw-away comment, everyone takes it a different way to what you implied and before you know it you have 10 people jumping on you.

I know that feeling too. Which is why when delcan replied I did feel bad about it and told her so. I think I just like the way we have all been interacting and don't want to see this divide stuff again... Oh goodness, it's like we are reliving the moments in the house ;) lol.

I could have sworn that Drew said he would love to go into acting or some sort of tv job like that, but when I posted something about that last week I was informed he never said it, and I know I could go back and look for it but that would take forever and I don't care enough to bother. Still think he said it though. :) And another thing, lol, when I posted that he'd said it, and that imo he was blowing his chance by ignoring his fan base, and maybe passing on the trip thing with Tim, all of a sudden, he started posting again, same day. Just saying. kmn
He did say that. I think it might've been in the magazine article he did with Tully? Wherever it was, I'm pretty sure it was after he left the house and we discussed it in here although there's no way I'm going back through this thread to find it haha

Apparently Tim and Tully were in today's Telegraph "Spotted" section. Last time Tully was in there she was "spotted" where she already announced on twitter she was going to be so I wouldn't be surprised if hers is just somewhere we already knew she went.

Just curious....I just went to the JA thread to see any gossip there and saw a bit of complaining about this thread along with several others....

Are you trying to pull a Drew and play both threads against each other??? :)

I know that feeling too. Which is why when delcan replied I did feel bad about it and told her so. I think I just like the way we have all been interacting and don't want to see this divide stuff again... Oh goodness, it's like we are reliving the moments in the house ;) lol.

Haha true but to be honest I don't even take any divide stuff that seriously. I know there's people here that will generally dislike a lot of my opinions due to who they support, whether they're Drully supporters or not, etc, but at the end of the day I find I'll at least try and jump in to defend anyone regardless of who it is if I feel the need. For instance the only reason I even got involved in this this morning was because I felt the need to defend bloody Ed and that's not something I make a habit of doing LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back