Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed owes Drew an apology and I don't think he is willing to give one. Even if he did give one I'm not sure Drew would accept it.

Not at all...He had issues with Ed during (and possibly after the season) for a few reasons (and that still doesn't mean he hates Ed...I don't think he hates him, but they just don't get along and are very different people it seems like...or maybe they just haven't met to discuss things.):

Mainly the fact that he lied to Tully about Drew playing her...

Also the fact that he told Drew and Tim that he would never nominate friends (when he had nominated Jade earlier)...making it seem like Drew and Tim were awful for doing so (hypocritical-)...Remember the golden thread explanation???

Also Drew knew that Ed was not into Jade as she thought he was..but he couldn't tell Jade b/c she didn't want to hear one negative thing against Ed...

He wasn't really bitter either about Jade choosing Ed either....Obviously he didn't have feelings for Jade in the end as we all know now.

I just wanted to clear up a few misconceptions you seem to have as I don't think you are remembering the season exactly the way it was...It's OK..It has been a couple months now after all

Oh for God sake. I've made it no secret that I don't exactly have a world of love for Edwardo, but Drew certainly wasn't the innocent little victim in that fued. He actively played Ed and Tim off one another when he knew they were at least trying to sort things out. Around the time Matt left and the intruders came in he knew Ed wanted/needed a mate, Ed was making an effort with with him and Drew made him think he had his back by putting down Tim and saying that he played on his physical insecurities. The following moment he'd run to Tim and spray another completely false account, then ran to the DR and gloated about his work. That was Drew's game plan, and he could do what he wanted, but it's wrong to say that Drew played no part in that hostility. He talked more shit about Ed than anyone, even Tim who probably had a proper reason to hate him. I laughed so hard when Drew was talking so much shit about Ed for putting Jade up over Tim when the only reason Ed even had to make that decision was because Drew threw her two points and pretty much said it was because she wouldn't put out.

Btw I don't know if that's the way you intended for it to come across [MENTION=35034]BBfanjake[/MENTION], but your last paragraph comes across as incredibly condescending. I think you and [MENTION=30809]mocheeks[/MENTION] both made some accurate points. The way I read it at the time was that Drew's problems with Ed obviously started with the Jade stuff, but other things happened after that to feed and grow the feelings of animosity.

P.s. seems you had quite the interesting day Mrs B. I hope you recover. I've found that lemon/lime Gatorade works a treat ;)

Last edited:
Oh for God sake. I've made it no secret that I don't exactly have a world of love for Edwardo, but Drew certainly wasn't the innocent little victim in that fued. He actively played Ed and Tim off one another when he knew they were at least trying to sort things out. Around the time Matt left and the intruders came in he knew Ed wanted/needed a mate, Ed was making an effort with with him and Drew made him think he had his back by putting down Tim and saying that he played on his physical insecurities. The following moment he'd run to Tim and spray another completely false account, then ran to the DR and gloated about his work. That was Drew's game plan, and he could do what he wanted, but it's wrong to say that Drew played no part in that hostility. He talked more shit about Ed than anyone, even Tim who probably had a proper reason to hate him. I laughed so hard when Drew was talking so much shit about Ed for putting Jade up over Tim when the only reason Ed even had to make that decision was because Drew threw her two points and pretty much said it was because she wouldn't put out.

Btw I don't know if that's the way you intended for it to come across [MENTION=35034]BBfanjake[/MENTION], but your last paragraph comes across as incredibly condescending. I think you and [MENTION=30809]mocheeks[/MENTION] both made some accurate points. The way I read it at the time was that Drew's problems with Ed obviously started with the Jade stuff, but other things happened after that to feed and grow the feelings of animosity.

P.s. seems you had quite the interesting day Mrs B. I hope you recover. I've found that lemon/lime Gatorade works a treat ;)

Really??? Really...

I have no words for this. Try reading my post again. I never said Drew was innocent in the feud. And what was condescending??? That it has been a few months and details are fuzzy...THat's a fact I'm stating.

I was responding to the poster simply to dispute the myth that
A) Drew hated Ed b/c Jade picked him - LOL
B) All Drew spouted was bitterness and jealousy towards Ed

..and I gave pretty valid arguments against those

And don't lecture me.....This is a discussion board.

...and maybe the most ridiculous part of your post is that Drew nominated her b/c she wouldn't put out...and FYI Ed and Jade didn't nominate Jade in the same week...Ed nom'd her one week after Drew...Check Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_10_(Australia)

Last edited:
Or 'arse' ;)

its only arse if you're English/an Australian or Kiwi who was taught to spell correctly in school - for an American citizen (being very careful NOT to stir the pot) its Ass

I've tried til I'm blue in the face to explain an Ass is a donkey and an Arse is what we sit upon ...

but they have it arse-about with the fanny thing so I gave up in the end and just rolled with it ;) lol

I'm now at that point. Have been trying to catch up on the thread before going to sleep but it's making me a bit dizzy.

Oh and for the record - Ed looks goofy in the pics posted on here and I would've been laughing at his get up too but in the context of what many of the guys were wearing today, he fit right in. The whole thing is preppie x 1000. One of my guy friends went in a salmon colour suit with a blue shirt ffs and he had his pic taken by randoms for some la dee da social pages and blogs like 50 times and no one knows his name. Each year it's just one big toff fest and every year I swear it'll be my last.

Like I said though, Ed (and Nick) are lovely and they're the ones who I spent the most time with accidentally as it turns out we both knew a couple of the same people including someone who we met up with at the pub. Jazz and I wore clothing by the same designer and someone who works for the label was with me so that again was a strange worlds colliding kind of thing when she came up to us.

Actually the whole thing was a bit bizarre and I don't think it was a good idea for me to meet HMs in that environment as they really were just like any other random there. It took the gloss off of a lot of it somehow. From what I managed to suss out, Drew is still with Tully - and I even set up the best honey pot ever for him to test that but he resisted - and some blonde who I think might've been one of those stylist girls also said "he was all sorted" on the girlfriend front. Drew made a face when my friend referred to Ed being there (but I didn't see the face as I was chatting to Jazz so I can't confirm his exact expression) but I never saw them together at all. I did my best to keep an eye on them but everyone was more interested in Shane Warne and Harry Kewell so the guys kept dragging us to hang out near them so I may have missed it. I don't think so though. And Boog. Oh Boog. She is adorable - AND SHORT - but I'm not sure how to put this in a way that sounds decent... she was a bit out of place in the marquee. I'm just going to leave it at that for a few reasons.

Oh and I kind of blew my cover at the pub as up until then I'd managed to pretend I knew nothing about BB but I said something about Ed and Nick overheard me and laughed. He didn't call me out on it but I know he heard me so if he's reading this, at least I said something nice pal!! I do have some pictures but need to do some editing so I'll do my best to salvage some for the thread. To be honest, I feel kind of odd about the whole thing now. I so could've asked Ed about Jade as I had 100 chances to or even Drew flat out about Tully but it didn't feel right at all. I think I have to ponder this more with a clear head tomorrow. xo

well done MrsB - I think most of us here would end up doing the same given the same opportunity ...the HM's are after all mere humans and in the face of that reality we'd all loose our supersleuth hats as well ... probably kicking ourselves for not asking questions the next day ... but there ya go :) (Think Littlebear still spends a lot of time wondering what if after seeing Tim at Ikea and ducking for cover!)

Still iffy about those green pants of Ed's ... did he manage to string whole sentences together in your company? If he'd used the word gewl would you have choked on your champers?

As for Boog - I agree that probably the whole marquee thing wouldn't be the right fit for her - Drew at least has the ability to be the chameleon & fit in even when he's not that comfortable with his surroundings. I would imagine that whole scene would have his skin crawling.

Admittedly its ages since I went to a polo match but even then it was all sizing people up from their postcodes, cars, schools & bank accounts or celebrity ... no one really gave two hoots about the match .. that might have even been plural for all I could make out ... mind you those polo players sure looked rather scrumptious!!

Did you buy a jeep? ;)

Really??? Really...

I have no words for this. Try reading my post again. I never said Drew was innocent in the feud. And what was condescending??? That it has been a few months and details are fuzzy...THat's a fact I'm stating.

I was responding simply to dispute the myth of the poster that
A) Drew hated Ed b/c Jade picked him - LOL
B) All Drew spouted was bitterness and jealousy

..and I gave pretty valid arguments against those

And don't lecture me.....This is a discussion board.

For the record I was mostly referring to TullyLovesDrew's post about how Ed should apologise to Drew with the stuff about Drew not being innocent. Yours I more quoted for it's condescending nature. I can see now that I should have broken them up to be more clear so apologies for that.

But yes, I do think that it's incredibly condescending to say "you must have forgotten the series that's okay it was a while ago" just because they say something that you disagree with, as it is to say that they're spraying "myths" when there's nothing to say that their "myths" weren't reality. All [MENTION=30809]mocheeks[/MENTION] said was that Drew's issues with Ed started when Jade chose Ed and a lot of what Drew sprouted was fuelled by bitterness and/or jealousy. Now the way I saw it, that claim has a lot of merit. They were replying old epps on Gem the other day and it was the one where Drew had the nominations superpower. Look at the way he said "oh here comes Prince Charming" when Ed went into the chamber to nominate. There was nothing but bitterness there. So what info leads you to believe that it's a myth to speculate that maybe a lot of Drew's issues with Ed started due to a bitterness he had over Jade picking Ed? I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's not like we were given any info that would contradict it and make it a "myth" either.

For the record, in my personal opinion, there were a lot of issues at play. That certainly wasn't the only issue but I do think it was one of them. Nobody likes to be rejected (and I get the feeling it wouldn't happen to Drew all that often), so I think it would be a perfectly human reaction for Drew to be hostile towards both of them.

its only arse if you're English/an Australian or Kiwi who was taught to spell correctly in school - for an American citizen (being very careful NOT to stir the pot) its Ass

I've tried til I'm blue in the face to explain an Ass is a donkey and an Arse is what we sit upon ...

but they have it arse-about with the fanny thing so I gave up in the end and just rolled with it ;) lol

Ok seriously? The word arse is in your dictionary? I assumed it was slang.

And yes, ass is a butt too but I left it out cos its a curse word round here. :) Its in the Bible too, the word ass, 87 times, meaning the animal, but I was in church once, and the preacher was reading a verse with ass in it, and when he got to the word, we all saw it cos we were following along with him in our Bibles, and I wondered if he was really gonna say it; he gets there, he stops, he stammers, face all red, he mumbles donkey, and reads on. Made it ten times worse than if he'd just said ass.

As a kid I got my mouth washed out with soap a few times, yuck, and that word would have done it for sure.

"And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the ..."

Drew hates Ed because of Ed lying to Tully and saying Drew was playing her and not to trust Drew.
EXACTLY! why do people conveniently forget that and lay the blame of it at Drew's door? Drew doesn't give two figs about Jade choosing Ed. Drew and Jade were never a great fit - it would never have worked ... sorry to the Drade shippers but it was never going to happen.

then also the whole thing of Ed plainly lying ... and Drew and Tim so aware of it having to watch their friend Jade swallow it hook line and stinker! (yes STINKER!! - i know its supposed to be sinker)

Last edited:
Wow [MENTION=35181]Mrs Butterface[/MENTION]! That was an interesting read and I'm quite envious of you too. I'd be so fascinated by the surroundings and the people dressed to kill, I'd probably be a little overwhelmed lol. I'd want to sit with boog or drew. Im glad you went in there with an open mind and didn't go with your initial intention to delve into their personal lives. This way sounds like you were able to interact with them and see them react in a normal sense without the bb hype.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Someone on here (kxk I believe) suggested going for a swim. I tried it and have to say it worked.

timdormer
5 minutes ago
Putting sunscreen on @tahny89 for a day at whitewaterworld filming for #getaway ...It's a tough job but someone's got to do it! #perky
9ffba9667b0d11e39e1112abd3bdb6b6_8.jpg

For the record I was mostly referring to TullyLovesDrew's post about how Ed should apologise to Drew with the stuff about Drew not being innocent. Yours I more quoted for it's condescending nature. I can see now that I should have broken them up to be more clear so apologies for that.

But yes, I do think that it's incredibly condescending to say "you must have forgotten the series that's okay it was a while ago" just because they say something that you disagree with, as it is to say that they're spraying "myths" when there's nothing to say that their "myths" weren't reality. All [MENTION=30809]mocheeks[/MENTION] said was that Drew's issues with Ed started when Jade chose Ed and a lot of what Drew sprouted was fuelled by bitterness and/or jealousy. Now the way I saw it, that claim has a lot of merit. They were replying old epps on Gem the other day and it was the one where Drew had the nominations superpower. Look at the way he said "oh here comes Prince Charming" when Ed went into the chamber to nominate. There was nothing but bitterness there. So what info leads you to believe that it's a myth to speculate that maybe a lot of Drew's issues with Ed started due to a bitterness he had over Jade picking Ed? I'm not saying that's the case here, but it's not like we were given any info that would contradict it and make it a "myth" either.

For the record, in my personal opinion, there were a lot of issues at play. That certainly wasn't the only issue but I do think it was one of them. Nobody likes to be rejected (and I get the feeling it wouldn't happen to Drew all that often), so I think it would be a perfectly human reaction for Drew to be hostile towards both of them.

He said that b/c everyone thought Ed was so great and he had an alternate view...That has nothing to do with Jade. He's hearing Ed say that he wasn't interested and sees Jade still going after him...Remember he was with Tully all the time at this point (someone he was way more into than Jade if you didn't catch that)...at this point he still had his connection with Jade as friends and as a friend he felt like she was being fooled by Ed ......(of course he wouldn't like him)

Maybe myths wasn't the right word...Maybe huge leaps based on VERY LITTLE supporting evidence..Sorry.

Ok seriously? The word arse is in your dictionary? I assumed it was slang.

And yes, ass is a butt too but I left it out cos its a curse word round here. :) Its in the Bible too, the word ass, 87 times, meaning the animal, but I was in church once, and the preacher was reading a verse with ass in it, and when he got to the word, we all saw it cos we were following along with him in our Bibles, and I wondered if he was really gonna say it; he gets there, he stops, he stammers, face all red, he mumbles donkey, and reads on. Made it ten times worse than if he'd just said ass.

As a kid I got my mouth washed out with soap a few times, yuck, and that word would have done it for sure.

"And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the ..."

yep its in the dictionary ... I think online ass has become universally used because in forums with censorship you can use a$$ and get away with it

the difference for us is in the pronunciation
arse is ahrs (get up off your arse and DO something!!) and ass is asss (as in the first syllable of assassin) (donkey or fool/idiot)

arse  

Collins
World English Dictionary
arse or ( US ), ( Canadian ) ass (ɑːs, ˈɑːsˌhəʊl)

— n
1. the buttocks
2. the anus
3. a stupid person; fool
4. sexual intercourse <---- this usage is new to me but then I dont get out much ;)
5. ( Austral ) effrontery; cheek
6. get one's arse into gear to start to do something seriously and quickly

usage Dating back at least a thousand years, and taboo till around the middle of the 20th century, this venerable ``Anglo-Saxon'' word now seems unlikely to cause offence in all but the most formal contexts. Its acceptability has possibly been helped by such useful verb formations as ``to arse about'' and ``I can't be arsed''

ass or ( US ), ( Canadian ) ass

— n

usage Dating back at least a thousand years, and taboo till around the middle of the 20th century, this venerable ``Anglo-Saxon'' word now seems unlikely to cause offence in all but the most formal contexts. Its acceptability has possibly been helped by such useful verb formations as ``to arse about'' and ``I can't be arsed''

Last edited:
He said that b/c everyone thought Ed was so great and he had an alternate view...That has nothing to do with Jade. He's hearing Ed say that he wasn't interested and sees Jade still going after him...Remember he was with Tully all the time at this point (someone he was way more into than Jade if you didn't catch that)...at this point he still had his connection with Jade but felt like she was being fooled by Ed (of course he wouldn't like him)

Maybe myths wasn't the right word...Maybe huge leaps based on VERY LITTLE supporting evidence..Sorry.

I completely agree that drew didn't see ed as this Prince Charming. He shared his feelings in the diary room about this too. He said ed was a dime a dozen who was upholding his image that the girls gave him early on.

nice pic of Jazz

119467067a9711e38e440ad7235ffb94_8.jpg

jazzbellbb
9 hours ago
#portseapub #friends #summer #love

Jake's points are valid PERIOD !!!

He said that b/c everyone thought Ed was so great and he had an alternate view...That has nothing to do with Jade. He's hearing Ed say that he wasn't interested and sees Jade still going after him...Remember he was with Tully all the time at this point (someone he was way more into than Jade if you didn't catch that)...at this point he still had his connection with Jade but felt like she was being fooled by Ed (of course he wouldn't like him)

I never said that he was bitter because he still "liked" Jade. I'm saying it's posible (and a lot of things gave the impression) that he was bitter because he was rejected (which like I said I doubt would happen a lot) and it gave his ego a bit of a hit and it caused a hostility towards Ed. Just remember, Drew said in his goodbye message that he was "infatuated" with Jade in the beginning. This is the same time that Jade became "infatuated" with Ed. Actually, the more I think about it the more I can't see any way where that wouldn't have effected Drew's feelings towards Ed. He wouldn't be human with normal reactions if it hadn't made him at least a little bit shitty towards him. It's your classic "boy likes girl, girl likes other boy, boy falls for lesbian" story lol.

wonder how popular we'd all be if we popped over to MrsB's place this morning for brunch?

wonder what might be on the menu today? berocca anyone?

Ed's lack of character and lying showed in spades Drew and Tim saw it before others did. Drew was infatuated with Jade while they were fake married. Jade was flitting around most of the men once the marriage ended, when she didn't get much response she kept flirting with Drew. This upset Drew to a degree and he started talking to Tully about it and spending more time with her hence the beginning of their relationship. He wasn't jealous of Ed at all because he immediately knew that Ed had no interest in Jade. He hates Ed because of the lies Ed told.

Ed's lack of character and lying showed in spades Drew and Tim saw it before others did. Drew was infatuated with Jade while they were fake married. Jade was flitting around most of the men once the marriage ended, when she didn't get much response she kept flirting with Drew. This upset Drew to a degree and he started talking to Tully about it and spending more time with her hence the beginning of their relationship. He wasn't jealous of Ed at all because he immediately knew that Ed had no interest in Jade. He hates Ed because of the lies Ed told.
I'd get shot down in pieces if I mentioned that Drew saw pretty quickly that he and Jade had very little in common on an intellectual level wouldn't I ... so I won't say it ... mah lips are sealed :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back