Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I just don't want to say anything more about it. It's just about stress levels for me. I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I shouldn't of said anything. Consider it a drunken comment. Or more a pre-coffee comment. Instantly regretted.
Fair enough. Everyone handles situations differently. I just didn't want you or others thinking we are some vicious mob who will destroy you for having an opinion. It wasn't the case at all, that's all. Now I regret my comment to you. I just get edgy about this attack stuff.

He wanted to have fun and I think new things interest him. In the old days, it was pretty much the only reason people went on BB. I miss that.
That was how it struck me, it was an experience to be had and nothing more at first, but he ended up in the whole Tully controversy. I miss the old BB as well.

I liked Drew on the show, but he was probably the only one whose motivation for going on BB confused me. The ones who want a media career out of it I can understand. Apart from winning the money, what did Drew want from it?

I could have sworn that Drew said he would love to go into acting or some sort of tv job like that, but when I posted something about that last week I was informed he never said it, and I know I could go back and look for it but that would take forever and I don't care enough to bother. Still think he said it though. :) And another thing, lol, when I posted that he'd said it, and that imo he was blowing his chance by ignoring his fan base, and maybe passing on the trip thing with Tim, all of a sudden, he started posting again, same day. Just saying. kmn

I liked Drew on the show, but he was probably the only one whose motivation for going on BB confused me. The ones who want a media career out of it I can understand. Apart from winning the money, what did Drew want from it?

I think he viewed it more as a social experiment.

I remember him saying at one time...(I don't know where to find this clip) but that he liked the science of it and seeing how people interract like a giant chemistry experiment...(I probably have this quote wrong)..

That was how it struck me, it was an experience to be had and nothing more at first, but he ended up in the whole Tully controversy. I miss the old BB as well.
But the Tully controversy also proved he didn't bother much about what the BBAU audience would think...still sort of old school BB :)

I don't miss the old BB, this was without a doubt the best season of BB that I've ever seen, and I've seen all of the English speaking ones and some that I had to read subtitles to watch. :) I don't care how they did it, it was excellent. I doubt any season will ever measure up. They peaked. But still look forward to seeing them try to top it.

I could have sworn that Drew said he would love to go into acting or some sort of tv job like that, but when I posted something about that last week I was informed he never said it, and I know I could go back and look for it but that would take forever and I don't care enough to bother. Still think he said it though. :) And another thing, lol, when I posted that he'd said it, and that imo he was blowing his chance by ignoring his fan base, and maybe passing on the trip thing with Tim, all of a sudden, he started posting again, same day. Just saying. kmn
he did say it quite clearly to Ben. It was in the same convo as the "I'm not really gay".

I think he viewed it more as a social experiment.

I remember him saying at one time...(I don't know where to find this clip) but that he liked the science of it and seeing how people interract like a giant chemistry experiment...(I probably have this quote wrong)..

But the Tully controversy also proved he didn't bother much about what the BBAU audience would think...still sort of old school BB :)

he did say it quite clearly to Ben. It was in the same convo as the "I'm not really gay".

I really liked the way Drew approached the game. If he did see it as an experiment, and could see it changed people's behaviour in unexpected ways, I'm wondering why he can't tolerate Ed outside house, at least until they are all off contract.

I really liked the way Drew approached the game. If he did see it as an experiment, and could see it changed people's behaviour in unexpected ways, I'm wondering why he can't tolerate Ed outside house, at least until they are all off contract.
I'm guessing the ed that was in the house is not the ed outside the house and overall he just finds him boring. There are a lot of people that irritate me with boredom or get under my skin. I don't hate them but I just can't be effed with them either.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I think Ed bores him. Past that, after the first rush with Tim where he spoke about Ed, I suspect that Ed's not even on his mind. That said, the night of the Tully blowup, what what really seemed to have Drew riled was the whole footy head mentality displayed by Ed. He clearly hates it.

I'm guessing the ed that was in the house is not the ed outside the house and overall he just finds him boring. There are a lot of people that irritate me with boredom or get under my skin. I don't hate them but I just can't be effed with them either.
My rule for friendship is whether I want to sit next to them at a dinner party :)

No, instead I'd high five you and tell you I wish I'd had the 'effrontery' ;)

lol oh please. You can't seem to see Jade's name mentioned without feeling the need to throw in a stab about her "lack" of intelligence or qualifications. Give yourself more credit, you clearly do have the guts to say it, you have on repeated occasions.

The repeated intelligence knocks at someone with a learning disability doesn't sit right with me and it never has. I grew up and went all through school with a dyslexic best friend and the struggles she went through to even finish school were immense. Learning the type of information they teach you at high school school is challenging for anyone, let alone someone that might be struggling to read the content to begin with. My friend has significant intelligence insecurities, and they're the same ones we saw that Jade was obviously struggling with. I can tell you from my friend's experience that it's hard to take much of an interest in school when you have absolutely no confidence in your abilities because you can't even do the simple things that most people take for granted like reading for writing. The fact that Jade was able to finish school with a learning disability, while at the same time having to work extremely late every night to support her mother leads me to believe that she's probably nowhere near as "dumb" as you feel the need to imply constantly.

And I'd also like to point out that there are other forms of intelligence than the stuff you might acquire from reading a book. She's obviously very articulate and well-spoken, and she was often the first to work out what someone was up to in the house. She made it to the final in Showdown pretty much every week so she could obviously be quite strategic and practical as well. Oh, and she's freaking bilingual and English isn't even her first language. To me she's clearly very bright, even if she isn't in the classic academic way that a lot of people still rate intelligence on. Given my line of work I usually live by Einstein's quote of "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

It's fair to say that Jade's potential deficit in book smarts may make her incompatible with Drew. (To be honest as a Jade fan the idea of her ever being with Drew post like week 3 made me extremely uncomfortable but it had nothing to do with intelligence but I wont go into that now). However the way you make the cracks there always seems to be an underlying malice and I don't think I'm imagining it.

For the record I know that this post will come across as rude, and I know I'm about to get a heap of angry responses but to be perfectly honest I don't care. There's only so many times you can read the same cracks and roll your eyes into the back of your head before you feel the need to respond.

Oh and for the record [MENTION=33321]delcan[/MENTION] I understood what you were trying to get at with your comment. You shouldn't have to explain yourself and delete anything. If people can't see it for the way that it was intended then there's nothing more you can really do.

Last edited:
Thank you Mrs B.

The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was check this thread looking for your post. I don't know about anyone else, but when I wake up I can't see for the first 5- 10 minutes. Maybe I have to much sleep in my eyes. So It was really hard to read your post, I had to read it 3 times to make sure I had read it right. Perhaps I should of had a coffee first...

Anyway if I were you going to the polo event I probably would of planned a whole bunch of questions to ask the HMs then chicken out while I was around them.

Fuck this thread grows so bloody fast!

lol oh please. You can't seem to see Jade's name mentioned without feeling the need to throw in a stab about her "lack" of intelligence or qualifications. Give yourself more credit, you clearly do have the guts to say it, you have on repeated occasions.

The repeated intelligence knocks at someone with a learning disability doesn't sit right with me and it never has. I grew up and went all through school with a dyslexic best friend and the struggles she went through to even finish school were immense. Learning the type of information they teach you at high school school is challenging for anyone, let alone someone that might be struggling to read the content to begin with. My friend has significant intelligence insecurities, and they're the same ones we saw that Jade was obviously struggling with. I can tell you from my friend's experience that it's hard to take much of an interest in school when you have absolutely no confidence in your abilities because you can't even do the simple things that most people take for granted like reading for writing. The fact that Jade was able to finish school with a learning disability, while at the same time having to work extremely late every night to support her mother leads me to believe that she's probably nowhere near as "dumb" as you feel the need to imply constantly.

And I'd also like to point out that there are other forms of intelligence than the stuff you might acquire from reading a book. She's obviously very articulate and well-spoken, and she was often the first to work out what someone was up to in the house. She made it to the final in Showdown pretty much every week so she could obviously be quite strategic and practical as well. To me she's clearly very bright, even if she isn't in the classic academic way that a lot of people still rate intelligence on. Given my line of work I usually live by Einstein's quote of "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

It's fair to say that Jade's potential deficit in book smarts may make her incompatible with Drew. (To be honest as a Jade fan the idea of her ever being with Drew post like week 3 made me extremely uncomfortable but it had nothing to do with intelligence but I wont go into that now). However the way you make the cracks there always seems to be an underlying malice and I don't think I'm imagining it.

For the record I know that this post will come across as rude, and I know I'm about to get a heap of angry responses but to be perfectly honest I don't care. There's only so many times you can read the same cracks and roll your eyes into the back of your head before you feel the need to respond.
Jade's learning disability has nothing to do with her intelligence . Look up all the famous dyslexics. One has nothing to do with the other at all. I've never BTW pointed out that her spelling is poor because that would be as a result of her dyslexia. I don't however find Jade articulate or in any way interesting. Anyone who wouldn't mind being a '50's house wife has me questioning her smarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back