Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want [MENTION=34018]littlebear[/MENTION] on it! She'd do you proud :)

Ha! My partner actually said that to me the other night when we saw one of those Channel 9 2014 commercials. "You should go on Big Brother this year and be The American." I think I just snorted. At least it would be easy for me to flee the country quickly afterward.

I hope [MENTION=36462]Layla[/MENTION] reads this. She will be so excited

hahaha this is great news! Since coming back to nz I've been planning with my sister to get us on the show! we just watched the entire series together online because i've been talking about it and tahan non-stop. She's a big drew fan (as am I) and we both agreed that the way he played the game is similar to how we would.. especially me (I avoid conflict as much as possible unfortunately).
I've already told her that I would probably nominate her as soon as possible because I can't handle being around her for too long.. she has a similar personality to tully, very emotional and affectionate.
I don't think now is the best time for us to apply though, she's studying to get into medicine and i'm doing engineering so maybe in a few years time when we've completed our degrees we'll definitely do it! we have very different personalities so that'll be quite entertaining haha.. certainly won't be called the sugar sisters.

Mitch Wood ‏@bornin1998 4m
Selfie with @TahnyLew at @Dreamworld_AU [MENTION=34005]bbau[/MENTION]9 #bbau lovely to meet ya
Bdv5N-fCAAAntso.jpg

Mitch Wood ‏@bornin1998 5m
Look who I ran into today [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION]dormer [MENTION=34005]bbau[/MENTION]9 #tim #winner #bbau
Bdv464WCQAAJwr1.jpg

Tully Smyth ‏@tee_smyth 32m

About to get into 'Revenge', Season 1. Hopefully this will keep me occupied at night for at least 2 days...

jadealbany
51 minutes ago · North Narrabeen Beach
Beach day with mates then of to the gym. Aussie summer :) #summer #beach
2673249c7b3111e3b1f6124be0137d7c_8.jpg

Since we all seem to be starting our posts with "for the record" I'll have a go as well....

For the record............ [MENTION=34034]LoveBB[/MENTION] I posted Alexs tweet a few pages back LOL. :)

I wonder if this next series of BB there will not just be Aussie HMs, but a few Kiwis and maybe an American. Considering that the fan base of BB has has grown to include a lot more Americans.

Hmmm, how can I say this... I think the US viewers watch BBAU as opposed to their own BBUS for a reason...

I guess anyone who auditions from any country (with the residency tick of approval) is eligible. I've heard many people say they want to see a greater variety of ethnicity, religions etc on the show.

Ha! My partner actually said that to me the other night when we saw one of those Channel 9 2014 commercials. "You should go on Big Brother this year and be The American." I think I just snorted. At least it would be easy for me to flee the country quickly afterward.
Are you kidding? With your one liners, you'd slay 'em in the aisles.

You could flee the country but you can never escape the BBBA sleuths!! They'd track you down in a heartbeat... Haha...

I would like to make this very clear, please don't take as an attack gemini. It isn't meant to be one. I don't think delcan was attacked and I don't condone the victim role play that was trying to be created here as well. None of the responses given were harsh, rude or inappropriate. They were normal shocked responses as there was no evidence or clarity as to why the comments were made. Just like you question people saying the things they do without an understanding for it, that's how we all were. The huh? What the? Comments was a baffled response. The victim role play afterwards is what is off putting for me. Just like you have read cracks long enough and feel the need to response is the same for me on this. I have seen delcan do this so many times now I can't be bothered with it and called it out, but we sorted it out I hope and it's done with now. If posters want to post an opinion go ahead, but I don't care for the victim crap. Rant over.

Sorry if I offend you, but I wanted to clarify my role since I was involved.

Btw, on anther topic, [MENTION=37335]prufrock[/MENTION], adores boog. She isn't someone I classify as book smart ;).

I agree

I think Boog is smarter than people give her credit for though.

He did say that. I think it might've been in the magazine article he did with Tully? Wherever it was, I'm pretty sure it was after he left the house and we discussed it in here although there's no way I'm going back through this thread to find it haha

my impression of this is that Drew is willing to explore any showbiz type avenue but isn't actively chasing any of them
maybe he will choose one and pursue it but it wasn't "The Plan" like Jade for example

Jade's learning disability has nothing to do with her intelligence . Look up all the famous dyslexics. One has nothing to do with the other at all. I've never BTW pointed out that her spelling is poor because that would be as a result of her dyslexia. I don't however find Jade articulate or in any way interesting. Anyone who wouldn't mind being a '50's house wife has me questioning her smarts.

strongly agree about dyslexics

I like being a housewife. I won't lie. I love it. My husband and my kids really are my world. But I don't think prufrock meant it that way, though I see why it can be taken this way. But it's more the fact that jade seemed to rely on finding a husband and wanting this role is to be saved from her old life.

exactly what I think

hahaha this is great news! Since coming back to nz I've been planning with my sister to get us on the show! we just watched the entire series together online because i've been talking about it and tahan non-stop. She's a big drew fan (as am I) and we both agreed that the way he played the game is similar to how we would.. especially me (I avoid conflict as much as possible unfortunately).
I've already told her that I would probably nominate her as soon as possible because I can't handle being around her for too long.. she has a similar personality to tully, very emotional and affectionate.
I don't think now is the best time for us to apply though, she's studying to get into medicine and i'm doing engineering so maybe in a few years time when we've completed our degrees we'll definitely do it! we have very different personalities so that'll be quite entertaining haha.. certainly won't be called the sugar sisters.

I knew you would approve :) I think it's great news too. Sounds like you and your sister will be dynamic, but I think since your sister is already on her way to finishing her degree to keep going while she is still in the right frame of mind. Good luck to the both of you and be sure to let us know if you get in.

You liked tahan, I can't see you being a sugar sister type. Just saying :p

I don't recall Jade saying anything about wanting to be "saved". She definitely wanted a change from her old life, but from everything we saw, that entailed a change in her career direction, towards acting, which she is working for herself. When she spoke about wanting a 1950s life, she was very specific that it was about love, about finding the love of her life, getting married, staying together forever (like her grandparents, NOT her parents) and her taking care of her family. Anyone with any level of common sense can see that part of this comes from her nurturing nature, part from her own childhood struggles as part of a divided family (on two continents!) and from her very recent breakup in which her long term boyfriend cheated on her. With that kind of background, yearning for the idealized version of family and relationships you've never had is normal, not some indication of intelligence level.

she said Drew is the type of guy she dated in the past but he wasn't established and that she wanted someone established as her bf/husband

Also, I promise to defend you however way I can ;)

[MENTION=35295]TullyLovesDrew[/MENTION], I always appreciate your no bullshit straight to the point approach.

she said Drew is the type of guy she dated in the past but he wasn't established and that she wanted someone established as her bf/husband

I don't remember her saying she didn't want to date him because he wasn't established. I thought she said that he was the kind of guy that she went for in the past, but he reminded her too much of her ex.

why are there no updates from the hms? it's 3pm, they need to get their smedia on :), especially Drew

and women, get back into your god damn kitchens, there is dinner to be prepare, on the table 6pm pronto!

why are there no updates from the hms? it's 3pm, they need to get their smedia on :), especially Drew

and women, get back into your god damn kitchens, there is dinner to be prepare, on the table 6pm pronto!
I read kitchen as 'knickers'...I'm sure it's because you mentioned Drew ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back