Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

also if i'm daggy, does that mean i should look for a daggy woman romance wise or not?
Yep
Try for someone about 70, they would share your daggy Tv taste, all those corny, cheesy old things you love
If you go online dating, professing your likes as Murder She Wrote, and all that old crap.....they likely think you are an old man

Murder She Wrote is a fantastic tv show. I have wonderful taste and am not ashamed of sharing what i like to the world.

I don't want to date that old, yet i'm not going to pretend i like the popular things because that is stupid.

besides, values are much more important. like for example i don't want to date a smoker, someone who likes nightclubs, who wants kids, who has kids, or who is obsessed and defined by their work.

You are right. He is showing strong signs of Cognitive Dissonance.
You are a good guy @Affable but throwing around buzz words like cognitive dissonance sounds disingenous or lazy or both.
Cognitive dissonance in its purest form is the closest definition of human nature we have.

You are a good guy @Affable but throwing around buzz words like cognitive dissonance sounds disingenous or lazy or both.
Cognitive dissonance in its purest form is the closest definition of human nature we have.

Tell me what is ‘disingenous’ or ‘lazy’ exactly because I am lost? My comment was based on what kxk wrote earlier about cognitive dissonance.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion about being disingenous or lazy. I will see if I agree with you once you explain. :)

Reactions: kxk
Tell me what is ‘disingenous’ or ‘lazy’ exactly because I am lost? My comment was based on what kxk wrote earlier about cognitive dissonance.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion about being disingenous or lazy. I will see if I agree with you once you explain. :)
Its the term I dislike @Affable . Its bandied about imo with little forethought or actual insight. I wasnt commenting upon your opinion but merely usage of that term I loathe. I wasnt meaning to shoot you the messenger @Affable or your message but your communication device. :)
You know I love language.
I am a very caring and cunning linguist.

Its the term I dislike @Affable . Its bandied about imo with little forethought or actual insight. I wasnt commenting upon your opinion but merely usage of that term I loathe. I wasnt meaning to shoot you the messenger @Affable or your message but your communication device. :)
You know I love language.
I am a very caring and cunning linguist.

All good Fuzz! I appreciate your passion for linguistics.

yep - just read all the stuff written lately and confirmed to myself why, I have not been here for a while - the Reepy Show ...... is Not a positive place

good luck reepy - you really need it!

Back