Skip to main content

Masterchef 2012

Can't remember what night it was but they divided into three groups and went to three different houses. One was an older couple, another was a lady with no kitchen so they cooked in the garage but were supplied with a smoker and the BBQ house was a couple in their 40's??? with (from memory) a couple of kids. The later lived in a old two story house that looked pre reno. It was Jules, Mindy and someone else (maybe Wade) who cooked in the BBQ house, Jules undercooked the meat on the bbq.

Ewww remember cutting lungs up in biology, can't imagine how you could make those tough rubbery buggers tasty.Err the texture.

Anyway, I'm with Andy pate is the only offal I've ever been near.....dear lord my Mum didn't even like touching ordinary meat, we never had spare parts.

Foi evil, veal isn't allowed anymore is it? Truth is foodies do all kinds of totally gross stuff, and they only respect the beast or whatever because that makes it taste better. Anything they can bash, stuff, forcefeed or do other disgusting stuff with/to thay have done it.
Re squid ink - my Italian buddy tells horror stories of being forced to try the black pasta

Can't remember what night it was but they divided into three groups and went to three different houses. One was an older couple, another was a lady with no kitchen so they cooked in the garage but were supplied with a smoker and the BBQ house was a couple in their 40's??? with (from memory) a couple of kids. The later lived in a old two story house that looked pre reno. It was Jules, Mindy and someone else (maybe Wade) who cooked in the BBQ house, Jules undercooked the meat on the bbq.

The ones with kids. The kids are the cutest ever. Did they show them?

No one deserves immunity after that shamble of a performance! I was wetting myself at George though, so funny when he is stressed to the max.

I get the feeling Mindy was trying to keep to herself in the challenge last night, they just would not work together properly and it worked to her advantage.

If they have to get a go at immunity I am glad Julia didn't win, she is grating on me more and more. I don't think they would 'let' her win either, she is far too wooden and reserved to be a spruiker for MC and Ch 10. She is never going to get anywhere if she does not learn a little humility either. You ain't god lady!

Really?
I love Julia.
How was she anything but sweet and helpful last night? She even let Wade pinch her sauce, she helped everyone and was the least pretentious or arrogant.
Alice and Wade were hopeless. Mindy is the one I find arrogant and a pain.
But Andy has become my favourite just because.......well most of them aren't that likeable and he is.

I love Julia too but I can see how her manner (which I like) would be off putting to some.

I found the result last night odd, Alice made many, many mistakes including forgetting to cook her Pizzas which would have left people waiting for ages, how it that ok even if her food was tasty? Anytime I have been to a restaurant and waited an eternity for food it turns me off and the taste of the food barely makes up for it.

I know they didn't like Julia's pasta I can't remember what they said about her Pizza.

It is still a food comp though isn't it? I think that is why the judges said they were discussing it for ages. Alice performed worst in the kitchen but her food was better than Julia's.

I do not see Julia's sweetness at all sorry :)

Deb did not look happy at being a waitress! ha ha hardi ha

I don't see Julia as sweet either just odd, which I like.

LOL @ waitress Deb, if only she'd been the Dish Pig.

Alice is often 2nd last pick for teams, Deb being last of course. I bet Alice drives most of them nuts.

Julia is my kind of woman, straightforward, direct, no simpering or female wiles - I think she is quite beautiful and she never uses that.

There are some very weird dynamics going on with this lot, including the judges. Can't wait to see how they cope when illness hits them all.
They all tip toe around Deb, they all want to tell Alice to shut it, they all want to tell both Wade and Deb to MOVE your so slow.And Ben get a grip, Mindy stop the beautifuls and kissing arse.

I agree re the weird dynamics, really weird. Do they get sick? I must have missed the promo.

There is no one in particular that I want to win but there are several who I do not want to win. Mindy, Alice, Deb, Wade just for starters. However, it would be kind of funny if Deb did win.

Yes Eliza they all get gastro in Italy, it held up filming I think.
And my list of who I don't want to win is growing every episode, Andy is my fave right now, just because he's sweet and kind of soldiers on regardless of weirdness all around him. He's the only eye candy and just seems like a nice human, he's also one of the youngest there he's still an apprentice.
Don't want to win - Mindy, Audra,Deb,Alice,Ben,Wade

Alice is such a teacher isn't she? You are not in the classroom now, you can talk to everyone like they are ADULTS.

I don't know if I think any of them deserve to win it, maybe Kylie. I get the sense she is a hard worker and a fairly balanced person.

kxk I sometimes wonder if we are watching the same Julia! I agree she is pretty but I don't think she has the 'feminine wiles', as you say, she just comes across as cold and stiff and with quite the ego.

Has anyone noticed Mindy's excessive chewing during challenges? Firstly that's gross you are in a kitchen, secondly I wonder if she is an ex smoker (fits her perosnality IMO)

I must admit I find Julia to be a bit of a cold fish with an over-inflated sense of entitlement too, but she isn't the only one (Mindy & Alice, without the coldness).

Based on cooking (what? There's cooking in this show?) I think Mindy or Audra are contenders.

Based on personality, Andy & Kylie are the "sweethearts" and Beau is ok, albeit cocky. Ben seems decent enough too.

At this stage I want Wade off my screen for being so boring and for having muppet eyebrows, & Alice can go for treating the audience like idiots. Deb can stay, there are bound to be a few more entertaining meltdowns before she doesn't win.

I find Kylie as annoying as Mindy and Alice. Yes Wade has to go, those eyebrows are way too big to be on telly and yes Deb can stay, I want to see the meltdowns too.

I'm over Ben. The start of the series was "The Ben Show" and it put me off him. Not a fan of Julia either, I agree with Meglos about her over inflated sense of entitlement...not to mention the carrot up her arse. Kylie is interesting. She is very much a "type". I know a Kylie. Exactly the same personality type.

Andy is ok..I'd be happy for him to win. Beau is funny but I think he could be a bit mean/cruel when it suited him. He's made the odd throw away comment here and there and it's been getting a laugh at other peoples expense. Deb..well she can leave any time. Audra is starting annoy me. Her voice seems to be everywhere - all the time.

They showed Mindy's hands last night. She had leopard skin nailpolish on them..you may have seen them but it really put me off because all of her cuticles were really red and inflamed. Grossed me out a bit. She should have been wearing gloves.

I don't understand how your head can have NO hair but your eyebrows have 10x the hair of a normal person!!

I want George to have some more meltdowns, his are the best so far.

I thought George was manufacturing the stress last night. He kept telling them to pull themselves together and not get upset and they were looking at him with a "WTF are you talking about, we're not falling apart" type look. If he wants less stress in his life, he should insist that they are giving adequate time to prepare their dishes..then the food would be a lot better.

I thought exactly the same re George, it came across as fake to me.

Real chefs working in a real commercial kitchen are not allowed to wear nail polish of any description. Her nails would have these on them.

SHCN4408_SE_35KTYKTY_CRTN_275318.png

They stick on but are still made of nail polish so can chip and fall in the food, gross.

Back