Skip to main content

Masterchef 2012

Good point ichi re the "maybe you're in maybe you're out" challenges, they were ridiculous and have given us this bunch. I hate the immunity challenge and hardly ever watch it. I think it is very orchestrated and I just get no pleasure watching it. Bring on more invention tests.

LOL at Deb tonight stuck grating cheese while the competition went on around her, either they are selectively editing or she is no longer able to keep her thoughts to herself.

Alice stood by herself & peeled, de-veined and chopped all those prawns by herself and she didn't whinge about it. Deb could turn milk sour just by looking at it.

I could be wrong but I think that may have been the point the program editors were trying to make, that Deb is not the only one doing the boring shit jobs, she's just the only one who complains about it.

Good point and peeling prawns for hours is 100 times worse than shoving a bit of cheese in a processor. The risotto challenge was always going to ensure there was a good team and a weak team, it was inevitable that the green team lost.

By the way, the risotto looked very unappetizing to me.

Funny how all the favourites end up together, given advantages and then protected again.

Green team must feel like the poor relatives, and stuck with the 2 people chosen last for any team, chatty and the bitch - both got stuck in corners.
They never meant for Alice to hold onto a pin. Deb better get the chop. And Andy & Julia better be safe or I'll scream.

When Deb was whining her ass off I was saying to her - why don't you reflect on the fact that you are picked last and shoved in the corner, does it tell you something maybe?

I was thinking about the immuntiy challenge the other night, and I think it was contestant against cntestant on the off chance no one had won a pin yet and they had to make sure someone got at least one in the series.

I think they are trying to do a job on Deb or maybe show us what she's really like because there was also the clip where she was asked to make the bechamel sauce and she got snotty and complained again about getting the shit job but then they showed Kylie several times making quite happy comments about making red team bechamel sauce. The other contestants also have complained about how slow she is, I think Ben commented on it again in the pairs challenge so it's probably not her imagination that she's getting sent to the corner so they don't have to listen to or watch her.

Both the annoying ones get shoved where they can do the least harm, they let Alice out for PR purposes only if applicable.

If a 50 year old woman behaved as she does like a 4 year old, I would ask her to leave the room and sit in a naughty corner.
And wow, some of them are either lying about their age, or they cooked their skin with too much time in the kitchen - Mindy looks old, so does Deb - older than 30 & 50.

Just caught up, quite a satisfying result really.

Alice to go next please, maybe she's "quirky" enough to not use her pin twice.

Oh god how bloomin hippy love-in did Alice get, oh well if I can't win a team challenge blah blah boring boring - give the pin back then you silly moo I am sure someone else would love to have it.

Probably cheaper to stick them all on the same flight home hence Deb staying for masterclass.

By not using her pin she was as good as saying that these others are crap cooks and I can beat them. I doubt she'd have participated in the challenge if she was up against the people in the red team.

I can't say I'm sorry about the result though.

Alice is so freaking condescending to all the Italians as well, they just speak a different language love they aren't retarded in the head or anything!

Alice is condescending to everyone. I do agree that she was definitely doing it last night but she also did it to the people at the instant restaurant thing the other day. They were adult patrons, not children in a school class. It was like she was trying to keep their attention whilst waiting for the food so they didn't misbehave. The townspeople last night, I was surprised she wasn't putting the food on forks and making choo choo train noises. She was talking to them like they were idiots. It was a bit embarrassing really.

LOL @ the description of the Risotto

"it appears to be a banana pancake with some tin foil on top"

I'm a bit surprised that the recaps didn't mention Deb and her "connecting" with the pig. Seeing her massaging a dead pig with oil (after George told her not to and she had her hand in the oil bowl before he'd even taken one step away from her) with a tear in her eye all but saying she loved that pig would have been recap gold..but she didn't mention it!! I'm shocked!

That whole at one with the pig thing was disturbing.

Just watching Masterclass which I don't normally bother with, ugh I can't believe I used to think Audra was ok, sick of hearing her voice, all the background comments in relation to whatever is being cooked comes across as over familiar "yeah George you love sugar, yeah" etc etc.

Last edited:
Back