Skip to main content

Last nights treatment of Gemma was terrible

it was disgusting how gemmas eviction was done the producers knew the other hm's hated her and knew it would get ratings
alex is trying to save a sinking ship he knows BB's on its last legs
At least priya had the guts to not follow the sheep
the other hm's arelike sheep if one suggests they get rid of a certain hm then they follow
like lambs to the slaughter
Yea gemma wanted attention but so do the other hm's thats why these type of people go on BB
to get noticed shes no different to anyone else
i quite liked gemma
Unless Alex has some amazing surprises up his sleeve i think we will be saying good bye BB this year
This series reminds me a lot of 2008 when nobby talked the hm's into getting rid of Terri
But what can we expect from the young ones of today their so selfish and full of themselves
How would the producers know that Jake and Gemma would be the least saved?

I definitely don't think it made me comfortable to see it.
The same as I feel bad for people who get 18 nom points when the next closest is 10 etc
Or when they show the eviction % and it's huge.
I may feel bad for them but it's not bullying.
Nor does Gemma think so.

For me it wasn't that she evicted or even whether she was the architect of her own eviction - it was the unnecessarily mean spirited way it was done.
I'm aware that this season is all about stunts, but the evictions of old at least allowed for whomever the axe fell to sit down surrounded by fellow noms, and housemates and embrace the situation - not to stand in the open and have fellow housemates line up and heap some more rejection and humiliation upon you.
Evictions have always been a part of BB - but you don't have to be a dick about it

Gemma came across fake to me, each time she was confronted by a housemate she would bite back with tears, trying to get Jake involved in her pathetic strategy attempts was just weird...this is my opinion thou she was annoying and every time she opened her barker I was like WTF ...so I'm glad shes gone

I didn't like Gemma for the way she carried on, i've known people like that, and I mean that in the past tense.

I do think the way it was handled was wrong, but it has nothing to do with this perception that she was bullied - nobody bullied her, the housemates had to make a choice and they made it - they have to follow the rules of the game.

The reason I think it was handled wrong is because I'm not comfortable with housemates having the ability to decide who to evict. It changes the nature of the game, which is all about the public deciding who they want to evict. I mean they sorta did by voting to save the other pairs, but it would have been better for Channel 9 to put up a vote on the Jump-In app to make it fair. For all we know, Gemma might have been more popular with the public than Jake. I guess we'll never know.

I just don't recall any time in the past where the housemates chose who to evict (except for when they are voting for an intruder to stay/go).

For me it wasn't that she evicted or even whether she was the architect of her own eviction - it was the unnecessarily mean spirited way it was done.
I'm aware that this season is all about stunts, but the evictions of old at least allowed for whomever the axe fell to sit down surrounded by fellow noms, and housemates and embrace the situation - not to stand in the open and have fellow housemates line up and heap some more rejection and humiliation upon you.
Evictions have always been a part of BB - but you don't have to be a dick about it

I can see that point. Do you think it would be the same for anyone in that position though or just because it was so one sided?

It was awful and sad to watch, but Gemma herself has said she couldn't care less about the way she was evicted, and she wasn't humiliated or embarrassed.

Gemma's so called strategy and her clear message to people that she didnt like them was why her eviction resulted in a land slide. She went about causing fake arguments and put everyone off side. There was always going to be a downfall to that strategy. Gemma realised it would end this way. You play a certain way, you have to accept the consequences. Moral of the story, if you have a strategy make sure its not a bloody ill thought out one.

I know they all hated her, but I'm surprised there weren't more strategists. The housemates were very sheepish and didn't want to be different by voting the other way. Priya was the only gutsy and smart one.

It was awful and sad to watch, but Gemma herself has said she couldn't care less about the way she was evicted, and she wasn't humiliated or embarrassed.
It's not really about how Gemma feels about it. Long term, it's the viewers. If they don't like it, they don't watch anymore. Plus it wasn't necessary.

I know they all hated her, but I'm surprised there weren't more strategists. The housemates were very sheepish and didn't want to be different by voting the other way. Priya was the only gutsy and smart one.

It's not really about how Gemma feels about it. Long term, it's the viewers. If they don't like it, they don't watch anymore. Plus it wasn't necessary.
Did they know when they announced the concept a week before eviction?
Irrelevant, they change things all the time.

Irrelevant, they change things all the time.
So you are saying it's okay for Channel 9 to change things all the time, even if it's 24 hours before the actual event?

I didn't like the concept at all, might be generational though and I guess I liked the early series of BB better. To me it was like the difference between being sacked from a job knowing that the boss had made that decision versus having all the other employees present to vote on whether you should go or not, plus give a reason why. I liked it when we were the boss. I thought Gemma should go last night but the manner in which she went made me feel sorry for her. I admired what Priya did.

Back