Skip to main content

Last nights treatment of Gemma was terrible

They are real people who placed themselves into this situation. Gemma is super tall and I am sure she has had way worse than what happened to her in the house in actual high school. Seriously do you really think a professional television producer, two might I add (the two in charge of this show) even thought for a single second that having somebody evicted by their housemates, on a show where one of the main elements is for housemates to evict each other, would have connotations of bullying? NOT A CHANCE.. you know why? Because people are competing for a cash prize. This is not real life, this is a reality created for entertainment. If you are not entertained you probably shouldn't watch the show. Ugh how exhausting, if you have a different opinion sure you can state it but I am old enough to be able to appreciate that you may have thought you should show empathy and I will think wow at least Gemma played her guts out and the strategy to ostracize herself, for more camera time, had her evicted first.
Are you serious? They have had plenty of bullying on this show and other versions of big brother. Of course they expected it could happen. They wanted the cast to be horrible to each other for the drama.
The problem for me is that this ugliness is not what I thought big brother Australia is about.

OMG
Wait why do we think she has GAD? Have I missed something?

This is what pisses me off around here, so many of you DO NOT READ ENTIRE POSTS, and jump about with weirdo ideas you pick up from a thread.
Comprehension around here sometimes is utterly DIRE

The original poster has GAD
That means, the person who started the thread NOT GEMMA.

RE the eviction, doubt the producers expected these fools to do what they did.

And it was clear some of them have been very hurt by Gemma, there were some messages in HMs noms.
We have seen her being so horrible, and then all of her fucked up acting - she demeaned just about every one of them on camera, so I don't have a lot of sympathy for her.
She judged, and judged them all as her inferior, even priya, so you reap what you sow.

And if it was me - I would have walked after 4 votes.

well it just shows the 'everyone is a winner' mentality is welly truly embedded in our generation.
from gemma's side, she seems genuinely think she is the strongest HM/team, every time she brought it up, i can see jake just squirm a little. her clever game play looked so silly from outside.
and the majority of viewers, oh poor gemma, blah blah, why some of the HMs cant be nice and stand behind her just to make her feel better?
well why should they, they do not like her, plain and simple. we are uncomfortable to watch, the HMs were uncomfortable to be put on the spot, thats how we are brain washed to feel, thats why so many people are nice to your face and bitch behind you, thats why everyone seems depressed, if we all be honest to ourselves, and to each other, it is a much simpler world.

OMG

This is what pisses me off around here, so many of you DO NOT READ ENTIRE POSTS, and jump about with weirdo ideas you pick up from a thread.

And it was clear some of them have been very hurt by Gemma, there were some messages in HMs noms.
We have seen her being so horrible, and then all of her fucked up acting - she demeaned just about every one of them on camera, so I don't have a lot of sympathy for her.
She judged, and judged them all as her inferior, even priya, so you reap what you sow.

OMG calm down! I read all the posts and it seemed like someone implied that Gemma might have GAD, therefore the way she was evicted was wrong. IMO, one shouldn't go on BB if they can't handle it (mentally), and they should expect uncomfortable situations if they do choose to go on the show. I don't particularly like the way Gemma is evicted and I think it is a little cruel, but the HMs should expect things like that from having watched previous seasons.

No matter how strong you are as a person, being in Gemma's position would SUCK.

Although - I am proud the housemates were honest with votes; even though it would have been very hard!
Gemma did always say she didnt want to be there.

But! The way they handled the situation was horrible - it was obvious they were going to keep Jake... At least don't make the FIRST evicted housemate feel like absolute shit... To the WHOLE country.

Anyway, I think it's good that we all see the bad in the situation. But it just sucks, because lots of little kids commenting on facebook/instagram are thinking they are 'top shit' for commenting how much they HATE Gemma, using a lot of words and saying that she deserved it....

We tell our children to stop bullying - yet this is a form of creation...

OMG calm down! I read all the posts and it seemed like someone implied that Gemma might have GAD, therefore the way she was evicted was wrong. IMO, one shouldn't go on BB if they can't handle it (mentally), and they should expect uncomfortable situations if they do choose to go on the show. I don't particularly like the way Gemma is evicted and I think it is a little cruel, but the HMs should expect things like that from having watched previous seasons.

So don't jump about picking up theories that do not exist, if you don't understand something why would you promote it????

I agree she ostracised herself, telling everyone you don't like them isn't a good strategy. I think she thought that's what Tim did but it's not, Tim would get them on side first, and then mess with their heads! I thought it was a bit brutal though. Like I said somewhere else, I wonder if they're wanting to head in the direction of BBUK, which is both cruel and very popular!

OMG

Read the OP again, mate. It could be read either way.

I read it the same way as @BBfan- but I see how it could also be taken to mean the OP has GAD.

Omg, if anything they should have had all 14 housemates vote.. I mean if you are going to follow the format of the US and Canada BB's at least go the full length and it would have forced everyone to make a decision publicly. I wish that Cat and Travis weren't saved because that house mate eviction would have been so much more interesting.. Plus why are people surprised? This is Big Brother, it is all about confronting drama, why else would we watch. I feel like the people who are upset about this are people who haven't grown up and experienced how the real world works..

uh whut
setting someone up to fail, and then when they do, kicking them while they're down is not something that happens in the real world, it's something that happens in high school.

in the real, grown up world i don't know anyone who's experienced anything as harsh as this, because it all stops after high school.
everyone realises how awful it is to get together and collectively tear a person down, so they just don't do it.

this wasn't an example of the real world, this was an example of the way big brother forces every semblance of maturity out of people and turns them into teenagers again.
they all knew gemma was going, but priya was the only one willing to throw her vote in order to support gemma.
they all knew that if they stood behind gemma, it wouldn't amount to anything because everyone else wanted her gone, but they still refused to even give her that.

really disappointed that they thought it was a good idea to even put the housemates in this position, tbh.

Disagree

It was massively BBs fault if she indeed has GAD.

The BB execs and casting team would have known her condition and were outright cruel to put her in there knowing full well we would most likely see the outcome we have seen (all for ratings sake). It was a train wreck waiting to happen.

No matter how many times she applied or how she loves BB or how she said she wanted to play the game all about her, she should not have been part of it.
But how are they supposed to know that the eviction would be a problem for her? In fact, do we even know if it's a problem?

If Gemma can't handle it, then don't apply for BB. As simple as that. BB aren't fooling the housemates, being judged and picked is Big Brother forte.

i didnt like gemma but as someone witha GAD disorder ( generalised anxiety disorder) that was just cruel imo im all for adult stuff but that was just humiliation imo

I also read it that way - that Gemma has GAD. It's very ambiguously phrased.

Does anyone feel a little bad for Gemma that she only has 437 Twitter followers?? I thought simply being on BB, whether you're liked or loathed, would mean you would instantly gain 1000's of social media followers overnight? I know Tully did. I'm surprised Gemma has so few...

Are you serious? They have had plenty of bullying on this show and other versions of big brother. Of course they expected it could happen. They wanted the cast to be horrible to each other for the drama.
The problem for me is that this ugliness is not what I thought big brother Australia is about.

" SEE ? ATTITUDE "

Initially I thought it was a little uncomfortable when the housemates were doing the whole face to face eviction thing ... but I actually thought it was handled well.
Sidenote: and last night, Sonia was GIVING ME LIFE! Loved it. Up there with the best that I've seen from other BB hosts. I thought that the BB Team handled the post eviction really well....

The smart ones are keeping their mouths closed... And the stupid are becoming popular.. Really hope the smarter ones don't keep playing it safe and will start to speak up.. Sick of the brainless, mindless trash talk.

I like David... That is all.

Initially I thought it was a little uncomfortable when the housemates were doing the whole face to face eviction thing ... but I actually thought it was handled well.
Sidenote: and last night, Sonia was GIVING ME LIFE! Loved it. Up there with the best that I've seen from other BB hosts. I thought that the BB Team handled the post eviction really well....

Thought Sonia handled it well too, except for that KFC mention she threw in randomly "We as well as KFC thought your ???? was "so good" like that was cringeworthy.

Thought Sonia handled it well too, except for that KFC mention she threw in randomly "We as well as KFC thought your ???? was "so good" like that was cringeworthy.

I know... but when the rent is due...
tumblr_lu7zg7yyZS1qzihl5.gif

Last night was pretty flawless. There was another time where following a VT of Travis (ugh) pashing Aisha she did a call back on one of his lines about ticking boxes saying he was definitely "ticking the box there". I LOVED IT! I think she's doing a great job. :)

Back