Skip to main content

Last nights treatment of Gemma was terrible

I actually REALLY liked it and thought it made for good television.

I hope they continue with it. It isn't CRUEL or MEAN SPIRITED.
Yes yes yes all this. Give me break, this is what Big Brother is about!

Bullying!? Please, what an overreaction. A complete devaluation of what bullying actually is.

Last year a nomination was done face-to-face and an eviction face-to-face (which was even UNNECESSARY because the production staff knew Nathan was going to leave anyway) and nobody said it was bullying then.

Doesn't BBUSA do all it's evictions face-to-face? I'm not entirely sure because I don't personally watch it.

You guys and the media are having a go because the person who ended up evicted is a whinger and maybe a little fragile. On social media Gemma herself is saying she doesn't feel like anything was wrong about it - if she did even if she couldn't say it she could say nothing in response. I was hoping last night she was the one to go but I praise her for taking the high road and not the bait.

You guys have gone soft getting used to "nice" Big Brother - but you complain about Big Brother being too soft as well! It's noted for next time.

This is complete bullshit. BehindBB has changed. Very disappointed in the one-sided front page article saying it was bullying.

I also read it that way - that Gemma has GAD. It's very ambiguously phrased.
Why?
Why would you jump to the conclusion that the poster can diagnose Gemma?

What you are doing is exactly what I am pointing out is annoying, read the post, and if you are not clear - if you think it is ambiguous, ask, don't just jump to these crazy conclusions.
Why make assumptions when not at all clear about what is being stated?

The most offensive thing about Gemma's eviction was when they threw up Caleb's tweet. UGH.
eye-roll-o.gif

so she is rude to most, says she dont like them, even states she wants to stir the pot
yet people want to call bullying? can people really blame them for liking jakemore
i doubt there would have been bullying claims.if it were more even

The smart ones are keeping their mouths closed... And the stupid are becoming popular.. Really hope the smarter ones don't keep playing it safe and will start to speak up.. Sick of the brainless, mindless trash talk.

I like David... That is all.
Meaning David is intelligent? I don't know how much credibility I could give to a man who addresses a group of people as 'youse.' But ignoring intelligence, I also like David.

Bullying!? Please, what an overreaction. A complete devaluation of what bullying actually is.

Last year a nomination was done face-to-face and an eviction face-to-face (which was even UNNECESSARY because the production staff knew Nathan was going to leave anyway) and nobody said it was bullying then.

Doesn't BBUSA do all it's evictions face-to-face? I'm not entirely sure because I don't personally watch it.

You guys and the media are having a go because the person who ended up evicted is a whinger and maybe a little fragile. On social media Gemma herself is saying she doesn't feel like anything was wrong about it - if she did even if she couldn't say it she could say nothing in response. I was hoping last night she was the one to go but I praise her for taking the high road and not the bait.

You guys have gone soft getting used to "nice" Big Brother - but you complain about Big Brother being too soft as well! It's noted for next time.

This is complete bullshit. BehindBB has changed. Very disappointed in the one-sided front page article saying it was bullying.

Totally agree with you. It wasn't any more uncomfortable than when the hm's last year had to do face to face noms. If it had been a standard eviction with one person to go there wouldn't be an issue but because of the way the eviction went people are screaming bullying. FFS that was not a form of bullying, people need to go read up on this sort of stuff before spouting off.

Well if it was two equally liked housemates they had to choose between it could have been interesting - at least we get some gauge on how the house is thinking. As it was it more like a ritual humiliation before the final blow.

It was hard to watch because it was so one-sided, and that made me feel for her.
That said, they have had face to face evictions of intruders, face to face nominations.
None of the housemates said anything nasty to her when they chose, they just preferred Jake.
Gemma chose to incite confrontation in order to pull attention on herself, she openly said that she didn't even like most of them and wasn't there to make friends.
She was upset at being evicted, not about the housemates.
Her strategy failed.
The whole bullying thing is, in my opinion, way off base as the confrontations she found herself in were 99% engineered by herself because it was a game she was playing. I don't see the bullying part?
The only reason I don't want them to evict each other is because 'house' popular rarely equals public popular and douches will end up staying.

sorry in my OP i meant that i have been dignosed with GAD among other things so i know what it is like to be diffrent i didnt mean that gemma has it

Judging from the posts on this thread, the posters could be divided into two groups, those with empathy and those without.

People will say "there's always been bullying ,it's big brother" however the difference in this context could be seen to be that this has been orchestrated, not a naturally occurring event as a part of group formation (eg forming, norming, storming etc) and dynamics.

Also the fact that this is a one off event, is pretty brutal if you think about it, I am abhorred by the process anyway, but I don't think it would impact to the extent that it has, were it was an ongoing element of evictions this season, as it would be more equitable.

I don't know why I am surprised though. The season thus far has been something of an ethical farce to begin with, and I am seriously left wondering if the producers are on crack or something!!

Judging from the posts on this thread, the posters could be divided into two groups, those with empathy and those without.

People will say "there's always been bullying ,it's big brother" however the difference in this context could be seen to be that this has been orchestrated, not a naturally occurring event as a part of group formation (eg forming, norming, storming etc) and dynamics.

Also the fact that this is a one off event, is pretty brutal if you think about it, I am abhorred by the process anyway, but I don't think it would impact to the extent that it has, were it was an ongoing element of evictions this season, as it would be more equitable.

I don't know why I am surprised though. The season thus far has been something of an ethical farce to begin with, and I am seriously left wondering if the producers are on crack or something!!
It is brutal, I made the comment last night, but Gemma was more at fault for what occurred than Big Brother was.

If it was not Jake and Gemma last night, and was instead Skye and Lisa, and the vote ended up being 8-6. Would we still be having the same discussion? No, we wouldn't. So the actual format isn't "bullying", it's the actual result that is considered "bullying".

But how is it even bullying? Are the housemates belittling Gemma? Are they going out of their way to cause her grief? Are they ganging up on her?

No, they're not. They're being asked the simple question, who do you prefer, Jake or Gemma? Yes, the result is one-sided, and it's unfortunate that 1 person could not get along with a group of people in the Big Brother house, but as we've seen over the 17 days of her time in the house, and even on day 2, that Gemma very much dug her own hole.

Didn't warm to Gemma, but Priya has gone well up in my estimations for having the balls (ovaries?) to go against the pack. Surely though the production team, having observed the interactions for the last 2 weeks, knew how it would go, so why put her through it, given the stigma of being first person out is an ego kick already?

Look, you make a point. But it's sad that they only had to do it with the first evictee. I mean, being the first evictee is already heart-wrenching, yet they had to be treated worse?

What they should do, for fairness, is just to continue the whole face-to-face eviction thing, right until the end. Now this wouldn't be 'cruel' in my eyes...

If anyone says they felt comfy cosy watching Gemma's eviction, like or dislike her, do you feel elevated now? Does it make you feel better about yourself? Fuck off BB

It is brutal, I made the comment last night, but Gemma was more at fault for what occurred than Big Brother was.

If it was not Jake and Gemma last night, and was instead Skye and Lisa, and the vote ended up being 8-6. Would we still be having the same discussion? No, we wouldn't. So the actual format isn't "bullying", it's the actual result that is considered "bullying".

But how is it even bullying? Are the housemates belittling Gemma? Are they going out of their way to cause her grief? Are they ganging up on her?

No, they're not. They're being asked the simple question, who do you prefer, Jake or Gemma? Yes, the result is one-sided, and it's unfortunate that 1 person could not get along with a group of people in the Big Brother house, but as we've seen over the 17 days of her time in the house, and even on day 2, that Gemma very much dug her own hole.

FKN THIS !!!!

Post of the week.

FK Gemma and her fake ass tears and thinking her strategy was anything but tubular.

I think anyone but Gemma got evicted this week people wouldn't have an issue. It was hard to watch but she really ostracised herself (from the footage we got) or maybe everyone in the house had it in for because she was tall

Reactions: Jon
I think anyone but Gemma got evicted this week people wouldn't have an issue. It was hard to watch but she really ostracised herself (from the footage we got) or maybe everyone in the house had it in for because she was tall
It wasn't who it was, it was how it was done once the editors realised how it would play out. And don't tell me they didn't know.

it was disgusting how gemmas eviction was done the producers knew the other hm's hated her and knew it would get ratings
alex is trying to save a sinking ship he knows BB's on its last legs
At least priya had the guts to not follow the sheep
the other hm's arelike sheep if one suggests they get rid of a certain hm then they follow
like lambs to the slaughter
Yea gemma wanted attention but so do the other hm's thats why these type of people go on BB
to get noticed shes no different to anyone else
i quite liked gemma
Unless Alex has some amazing surprises up his sleeve i think we will be saying good bye BB this year
This series reminds me a lot of 2008 when nobby talked the hm's into getting rid of Terri
But what can we expect from the young ones of today their so selfish and full of themselves

Back