Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

I saw it too and really enjoyed it. I'm not a big fan of Brad Pitt but I really liked his character in this movie. He did a good job. I also love how it captured that whole era. Good movie.
Not a Brad Pitt fan either but that role really suited him.
Trivia: In an interview with one of Tarantino's go-to guys, Tim Roth explained how he had been cast (in 'Once Upon A Time...'), and scenes were shot with him in it. Alas, when he saw the finished product of the film for the first time, he found that all scenes involving him had been cut out. Tarantino obviously had had a scissor-happy day.

The Founder.
About how McDonalds started up. It was a real eye-opener, I didn't know its background. Quite awful how ruthless people can be!

This last week I watched:

Tenet - very good. I found it a little easier to digest post watching than Inception. Christopher Nolan is a mastermind. Sometimes the audio is hard to make out, I look forward to rewatching with subtitles.

The New Mutants - for a film that was shot a couple of years ago, it felt like a quarantine movie. The whole story in one location made it feel small and contained. Maybe it’s supposed to be a a film setting up a new X Men Generation. The characters were barely good enough for this film let alone any sequels. A little disappointing tbh.

Mulan - a colourful spectacle. Well shot and acted. Would have been immersing watching on the big screen, my 75inch TV was sufficient though. Missing a comedic sidekick (read; Mushu).

Oh my god - so don’t come for me BUT Foxtel has just added a shit tonne of Lifetime movies. I watched The Night Stalker (Richard Ramirez - American Horror Story fans might be familiar with the shows use of him as a character in story arch’s) and it was awesome - stars Bellamy Young of Scandal/Prodigal Son and Lou Diamond Phillips of La Bamba fame.

Into The Woods was on as a midday movie and I saw bits and pieces of it.
My tolerance for musicals isn't high but my god this was bad.
James Corden and Meryl Streep "sing" at each other in a fantasy mess about witches and beanstalks.
I looked it up afterwards expecting others to hate it too, but it was critically acclaimed and award-nominated, so what do I know.

James Corden and Meryl Streep "sing" at each other in a fantasy mess about witches and beanstalks.
I looked it up afterwards expecting others to hate it too, but it was critically acclaimed and award-nominated, so what do I know.
I loved it, but I love most musicals. Have you watched Hamilton?

I loved it, but I love most musicals. Have you watched Hamilton?

I figured by the reviews that a lot of people must love it.
Sadly I just didn't get it. I find that musicals take me out of the reality too much, though I like serious dramatic movies that involve music, like A Star Is Born, or biopics like Bohemian Rhapsody or Rocket Man.

I haven't seen Hamilton.

Reactions: kxk
I'm with you. I rented it some time ago and I struggled through it only barely. It did not engage me at all and I kept waiting for it to "start" but unfortunately it didn't.
I figured by the reviews that a lot of people must love it.
Sadly I just didn't get it. I find that musicals take me out of the reality too much, though I like serious dramatic movies that involve music, like A Star Is Born, or biopics like Bohemian Rhapsody or Rocket Man.

I haven't seen Hamilton.
I usually love any sort of musical but Into The Woods and La La Land both had me scratching my head. I didn't get either of them and thought they were both slow and boring.

The Woods was pretty flat. I normally wouldn’t have ever bothered with that type of musical, but I was sucked in by some review saying it had appeal beyond its genre, it didn’t.

When Harry Met Sally. Pretty solid movie and a return to form for Mr Reiner after his last movie was a bit of a flop.

Tenet, I thought, was just an average sci-fi.

Has Elizabeth Debicki now been typecast as the abused Trophy wife of a fabulously wealthy arms dealer who gets involved with an intelligence operative?

Just re-watched Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. Wasn't that great first time around, and not that great second time around!

Witness for the Prosecution, 1957

Great performance by Charles Laughton. Bit odd he doesn’t get top billing for this film, he’s clearly the star.

Back