Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Went and saw The Day the Earth Stood Still on Friday night at Imax. I really enjoyed it :). For sure there's no Academy Award winning acting, but it was still an enjoyable way to pass the time. Seemed rather short though!

I like action but not if the movie gets too over the top with the romnce. I hate shippy movies where Hollywood thinks it has to have a love story inside every movie. It cheapens a lot of good stories.

I just got the uncut version of Wanted for xmas and what seems like a ton of other things.

I think it's not just for teens, although the romance is very heavily laid on...its one of those gets very intense "I can't live without you, I'd die if you weren't near" types pretty quickly after they meet. However it does go with the storyline and in my opinion adds something extra to it - I was worried that I wouldn't like it because I'm not too much into vampire movies and stuff like that, so it's kind of something else to focus on as well, but the vampire bit turned out to be fantastic as well. I loved it, but I would've liked more action probably - there's only one major "vampire fighting" scene really. I hope that all made sense :p

I'm watching The Hitcher (2007 remake) right now on dvd. I love this movie, quite a decent horror movie I think...good acting, good storyline, and features a strong, feisty lead female character who isn't just playing the victim or sl*t (can I say that here? :p) for once.

Slumdog Millionaire
Absolutely wonderful. Danny Boyle's best film since Trainspotting in my opinion. Cinematography in particular was outstanding. I was in awe for most of the film. I'd never seen India look so beautiful and vibrant yet so devastating at the same time. I highly recommend this movie.

I think it's not just for teens, although the romance is very heavily laid on...its one of those gets very intense "I can't live without you, I'd die if you weren't near" types pretty quickly after they meet. However it does go with the storyline and in my opinion adds something extra to it - I was worried that I wouldn't like it because I'm not too much into vampire movies and stuff like that, so it's kind of something else to focus on as well, but the vampire bit turned out to be fantastic as well. I loved it, but I would've liked more action probably - there's only one major "vampire fighting" scene really. I hope that all made sense :p

Well I'll take your word for it :)

Might go and see it

I saw Il y a longtemps que je t'aime (I've Loved You So Long). The power of this film is the characterization of the female protagonist, played by Kristin Scott Thomas. Only slowly does the audience learn her story, but along the way we become involved in her reintegration into society after a lengthy stint in prison, and the reconnection with her sister, played by the utterly charming Elsa Zylberstein.

This is not a film for the Madagascar 2 set, so you'll likely enjoy the experience without some dumb kid in the row behind asking what is happening every 30 seconds, and there will be no gangs of bored teenagers munching popcorn and having group sex.

Watched Fils de l'épicier, Le......."The Grocer's Son" - meh - a meandering trip to nowhere. Quite boring and uninspiring.

I do want to see "I've Loved You So Long" sounds very good.

I watched Wanted last night.

Let's say it didn't quite live up to the hype on all the advertising that it had IMHO. It was OK but could have been a whole lot better. And what's with Morgan Freeman. He's a movie whore who manages to squeeze himself into every movie he can find lol.

Oh well there you go . Angelina Jolie was OK in this. She did a lot of her own stunts and I give her credit for that. She's amazing in that respect. However her acting was just there. The real shine was the lead of this movie James MacAvoy who played a pussy boy perfectly but Morgan, Angelina,, and Co. try to turn him into this tough guy and at times I did feel for them. I'd have offed this kid he looked like too much trouble then he was worth. He was just too bloody wussy. He has a girlfriend that walks over him and spends her free time being boffed by his supposed best friend. At least he wised up a little in regards to this.

My favourite scene was the keyboard scene. I won't spoil it but when you see it you'll wonder what a unique use for a computer keyboard.

6/10

Just got back from Bedtime Stories. I didn't have high expectations but I loved it. An Adam Sandler classic.

I took the kids to see that yesterday. I hate Adam Sandler with a passion, but I have to say this movie was pretty good. Back to his good stuff like the Happy Gilmore days. Good slapstick fun movie that both kids & adults can enjoy.

National Treasure 2 Book Of Secrets

Actually this was almost as enjoyable as the original, which is a feat most hard for sequels to do. I liked it quite a lot. All the regular cast from the original returned with a new treasure this time to be found.

Lots of action and for what I think is a kids movie it had enough for everyone to enjoy.

7/10

Pineapple Express:
I wish I had seen this at the cinema it is so funny! And I thought had great comic timing. You know how you watch some comedies and they are just a bit off? This movie is spot on!

Harold & Kumar 2:
It was just as stupid, funny and offensive as the 1st one and if you can think of any stereotypical racist thing to say it's pretty much in this movie! lol

Baby Mama:
I didn't mind this one, Amy Poehler is pretty funny in it, it got a bit sappy and predictable for me at the end though.

Pineapple Express:
I wish I had seen this at the cinema it is so funny! And I thought had great comic timing. You know how you watch some comedies and they are just a bit off? This movie is spot on!

Harold & Kumar 2:
It was just as stupid, funny and offensive as the 1st one and if you can think of any stereotypical racist thing to say it's pretty much in this movie! lol

Baby Mama:
I didn't mind this one, Amy Poehler is pretty funny in it, it got a bit sappy and predictable for me at the end though.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pineapple Express. Saw it in the cinema and then bought it the first day it came out on dvd.

I saw Marley & Me the other day. I thought it was really well done and well acted, and I felt like a bit of a fool because my friends didn't cry but I did. I always seem to cry in movies.

Pineapple Express was genius. Pretty similar style to Superbad, but about drugs instead of sex. The start was slow and the end felt kind of disappointing, but a lot of laughs in between. Definitely something I'd watch again.

I watched Get Smart. It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be...but it was nowhere near as good as the series.

I also watched the last half hour of The Notebook...and bawled AGAIN !!

Back