Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

To me, it was a sci fi crossed with The Lord of the rings.
There wasn't much of a story imo.
But I didn't like Lord of the Rings.
Bleachy Dude...what were those walking rocks about?
I was too confused.

I'm a Brighton Palace gal, or The George, or The Astor, or Southland, or The Classic, or Jam Factory, or Rivoli, or Nova....

Scary knowing some of you people live near me. :)

Ah The George, I thought it had closed again, again. Used to be my regular when it was run by Palace. And they had the choc top with the mint leaf. :hungry:

Reactions: Jam
Scary knowing some of you people live near me. :)

Ah The George, I thought it had closed again, again. Used to be my regular when it was run by Palace. And they had the choc top with the mint leaf. :hungry:

Yeah, The George is gone for good, I reckon. *sniffle*

To me, it was a sci fi crossed with The Lord of the rings.
There wasn't much of a story imo.
But I didn't like Lord of the Rings.
Bleachy Dude...what were those walking rocks about?
I was too confused.

I think the rocks were a 'creative' interpretation of the Nephalim as mentioned in the Bible. I don't think they are described in the Bible so it's open to interpretation.
I guess Aronofsky wanted to have a little bit of a transformers twist. Haha

...I've only read the Bible once when I was about 12 methinks... is any of the movie a good interpretation of events in the Bible?... is it worth watching for the special effects alone even if you don't believe in it all?... I suppose I should say... is it a good yarn regardless?... :confused: lol!... cheers.:)

...I've only read the Bible once when I was about 12 methinks... is any of the movie a good interpretation of events in the Bible?... is it worth watching for the special effects alone even if you don't believe in it all?... I suppose I should say... is it a good yarn regardless?... :confused: lol!... cheers.:)
I am a Christian and have read many parts of the Bible many times. It's a fairly loose interpretation of the Bible. I enjoyed it as a good yarn regardless :thumbsup:

I liked Dogma by Kevin Smith, but I don't know if that qualifies ;). I actually enjoyed Passion of the Christ at the time, but looking back its just 2 hours of a guy getting tortured. Again, I am not sure that qualifies.

Latest spider-d00d. was an ok background flick to have on while a bunch of us were shooting the breeze / chit-chatting.

but I'm confused though. like, why has it all been remade yet again ?

were the previous movies all but a dream and the latest is the "real" story ?

it did have a cameo by Stan Lee, so presumably this version has the stamp of approval from its creator.

regarDS

Latest spider-d00d. was an ok background flick to have on while a bunch of us were shooting the breeze / chit-chatting.

but I'm confused though. like, why has it all been remade yet again ?

were the previous movies all but a dream and the latest is the "real" story ?

it did have a cameo by Stan Lee, so presumably this version has the stamp of approval from its creator.

regarDS

Amazing Spider-Man 2? Basically cash. Its not like Superman, there was no need for a remake. The first two originals were great and the third destroyed the franchise (quality-wise, not cash). Tobey McGuire and Sam Raimi were more expensive. Marvel licensed their characters to other studios (Sony, in this case) before they had a studio of their own and Sony need to make a movie every few years to retain those rights. If they don't the rights revert to Marvel. There is no continuity here.

Stan Lee is in every Marvel movie for a cameo, whether its Sony, Fox, Disney or whatever. There is controversy over whether he even created Spider-Man. Also, Stan Lee once claimed credit for creating Captain America in a Marvel bio book. The problem was that Captain America was created in by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby before Stan was ever with Marvel :rolleyes:.

Cheers S.E.S.

Umm, so which movie should we deem to be, ummm, "gospel" or "canon" ?

regarDS

I don't think there is such a thing as "gospel" or "canon" with comic book movies. I liked the first two, even with the flaws from 1 and the CGI from 2. Amazing Spider-Man didn't seem necessary from a story point of view. I know a lot of people see Spectacular Spider-Man (the animated series) as the best adaption of the character. I guess its like the Batman franchise. Do you like Nolan, Burton or Timm? They are all their own thing.

Back