Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

I'm going to watch Running Scared tonight if I don't head out.

Stayed in and watched it. Really great movie. I hadn't heard of it until last week when i saw it casually mentioned as a really good underrated movie. It stars Paul Walker and came out in 2006.
It's basically a dark twisted gritty action movie. Paul Walkers character is involved in the mob and loses a gun involved in killing a dirty cop. So it then leads onto him trying to track down the gun, there's different mob factions, and yeah It's really entertaining. The only thing that doesn't work is his trying to get amorous with his wife, but luckily that's very early on in the movie so you forget about how out of place and pointless it is.

If you like films like Smokin' Aces, Crank, Shoot Em Up ect, then this is for you. It's not as ridiculous as those last two, it's just an improbably and violent gripping movie. It sure does build and it's just all very exciting and awesome in places.

Whoever was talking about "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" a while ago - it was in the big w catalog as a dvd if you wanted to go get it.

watched "What ever Happened to Baby Jane" last night
sooo creepy and absolutely fabulous perfomances by Bette Davis and Joan Crawford..
i read on IMDB that Davis had requested it to be shot in B/W and im really glad it was, it totally ads an extra dimension of creepy..

If youre into old movies and havent seen it yet, do it do it do it

edit: after abit of though..its not so much creepy as eerie

Last edited:
Went and saw G Force with LittleMoll on monday night and i must say i won't be disappointed if i don't see it again. LittleMoll thought it was "awesome" though.
We saw Up tonight and again Disney/Pixar have outdone themselves. What a touchingly fantastic movie. I was moved and so was LittleMoll. She cried a few times throughout the movie it touched her so much. It is one I really want to see again.

I saw Sorority Row. It was a bit gross, but it was a pretty dreadful story line.

Went and saw G Force with LittleMoll on monday night and i must say i won't be disappointed if i don't see it again. LittleMoll thought it was "awesome" though.
We saw Up tonight and again Disney/Pixar have outdone themselves. What a touchingly fantastic movie. I was moved and so was LittleMoll. She cried a few times throughout the movie it touched her so much. It is one I really want to see again.

Hehe.... I actually want to see G Force.. Just looks like the silly kind of movie I would enjoy.

I saw 500 Days of Summer today.

Summer didn't break my heart. I am oddly disappointed about that.

The Andromeda Strain....

Actually I didn't mind that.... Ending was way too open to interpretation.. Maybe it was the army behind the virus all along.

Surrogates

Well this was a pretty awesome movie. But theres a few interesting things here to think about. People still work and play, but they don't leave their homes to do that. Instead they plug into robotic manequins of themselves that go about their daily lives and they live vicariously thorugh their surrogates.

Well some people might find that idea appealing, but I prefer living in a world where you talk to actual living people, and can have real interactions, rather then the virtual.

Also I just realized that what we see in the movie is similar to the real doll. www.realdoll.com if you are curious. Those things have popped up in various movies and TV shows including CSI. To me the robots of Surrogates are just an evolution or two up from the real dolls.

However having said all that and all the good stuff about the movie that whole world is full of discrimination.

If you choose not to have a surrogate you are looked down upon and frowned on. That's the impression I got. Now there's a new kind of discrimination for you. And these poor souls who chose to live a human life are fenced off in their own reservation.

So there's a lot to think about in this film. It's great go see it.

6.5/10

(500) Days of Summer

(500) Days of Summer

I'm lost for words: this film resonated with me.

A bittersweet tale of a young man discovering the delusion of romance.

I loved the two leads, and felt powerfully connected to them.

I loved the best friends and the moments of comedy they afforded.

I loved the wise narrator, and the thought there might be just such a narrator observing all our silly little lives.

I loved the way the plot skipped back and forth through the days, and how it contrasted the various stages of Tom's romance - quite a clever device.

I loved Tom walking to the convenience store in his dressing gown. :D

I loved the 'expectations' vs 'reality' scene at the party.

I think I loved every second of the film, though it left me feeling kind of sad and sorry for people who find romance can be a terrible delusion. Yet if it wasn't for this powerful delusion, I probably wouldn't be here.

I also noted that the book Tom gave to Summer was The Architecture of Happiness by Alain de Botton, who also wrote a book called The Consolations of Philosophy, which has a chapter (Consolation for a Broken Heart) that very likely inspired the film.

(500) Days of Summer is awesome.

Back