Skip to main content

Last movie you saw

Hey no sarcasm was ever meant.... I honestly did not know of the court case and stuff...

Ok, just checking. I used to be on a movie chat forum where the sarcasm would be practically oozing off the screen, particularly where the New Auslander was concerned.

That's my new description of my nationality....

"The Last House on the Left" sounds a bit like "The Strangers", which I saw about 12 months ago and is the best cinema horror I've seen in quite a while. Probably best viewed at the cinema.

"The Orphan" was out recently and that may have been a good watch also.;

How about Ozwi?

Another strange one was

Death Weekend

Basically a young couple going for a holiday at a cabin and along the way some hoons harrass them on the road. They lose sight of the hoons but then at the cabin they turn up and attempt to rape the young girl while the boyfriend is killed. She gets away but later is caught again by the leader of this gang and this time is raped.

Then the movie changes location to a drive in where the girl in the bad guys van is again raped by all of them but she gets away this time and finds a gun..... The movie ends bizarrely with her tying up the bad guys and hanging them from a swing and it's at that point where I don't know if she got away or not but you hear the gang leader pleading for his life like a little girl..

Similar title is a movie from the UK called

Death Class

Bascially a private school in the country where the students seem to be running amok placing bets on horses and all other kinds of weird stuff. The new teacher arrives in town I think played by Michael York and with him his wife played by some UK actress whom I can't remember. The "kids" give this guy a living hell tormenting him and ruining his psyche basically. I think he gets killed becasue I remember a scene where his body being thrown off a cliff or something.

Meanwhile under the pretext of an emergency the wife is lured out of their home and taken to the school where she's attacked. You don't see anything except for her sitting on the floor with just a bra and skirt on and suddently this shot of all the boys standing in front of her buck naked. The movie doesn't show you what happens next but I assume it was bad because you never see her again. then the movie seems to end on a bad note, just like that with another new teacher arriving in the town. Then enter the credits and the film ends.

Some UK films are just plain bizarre.

Changeling - Heartbreaking, some of the most disturbing scenes i have seen in a while. I am so sick of people saying Angelina can't act, this performance and her amazing performance in Girl Interrupted say otherwise.

Changeling - Heartbreaking, some of the most disturbing scenes i have seen in a while. I am so sick of people saying Angelina can't act, this performance and her amazing performance in Girl Interrupted say otherwise.

She can indeed act.... The first movie I found her in was Bone Collector.

I saw that a couple weeks ago, depressing movie though she was good. I first saw her in Gia (about that super model when heroin chic was all the go) - she was so believable in it, she's a good actress for sure.

saw 500 days of summer - sweet movie, love the leads, and as the opening bit says - not really a love story if your allergic to romcom stuff this is different
avatar preview - looks good but not blockbuster mindblowing, alien thingies are kind of like blue fairies

Shoot 'em Up.
Hey, it was fun. A very cartoonish movie with the sole purpose of setting up amazing, completely impossible, gun fights.

The hero is Clive Owen, who is always great. He's a carrot chomping hero, with deliberate references to Bugs Bunny or the Energizer bunny. Indestructible. And he's protecting a baby who cries when anti-gun politicians are on the TV, who he delivered DURING a wild gunbattle. Shooting down baddies while yell "PUSH".

And then there's Monica Bellucci, a hot lactating prostitute. Well, he needs her to feed the bub.
And there's a hot sex scene/gun battle with her and ALOT more dead baddies.

And finally there's Paul Giamatti as a great funny slimy head baddie playing the classic, shooting his henchmen when they fail or just get in the way, and making great wisecracks.

Anyway, not a very deep movie, but it has moments where you laugh "I don't believe they just did that".

Shoot 'em Up.
Hey, it was fun. A very cartoonish movie with the sole purpose of setting up amazing, completely impossible, gun fights.

The hero is Clive Owen, who is always great. He's a carrot chomping hero, with deliberate references to Bugs Bunny or the Energizer bunny. Indestructible. And he's protecting a baby who cries when anti-gun politicians are on the TV, who he delivered DURING a wild gunbattle. Shooting down baddies while yell "PUSH".

And then there's Monica Bellucci, a hot lactating prostitute. Well, he needs her to feed the bub.
And there's a hot sex scene/gun battle with her and ALOT more dead baddies.

And finally there's Paul Giamatti as a great funny slimy head baddie playing the classic, shooting his henchmen when they fail or just get in the way, and making great wisecracks.

Anyway, not a very deep movie, but it has moments where you laugh "I don't believe they just did that".

Have you seen Postal?

Sorority Row
The Final Destination
Bring It On Fight To The Finish.

Lesbian Vampire Killers on DVD

%5C43%5C67%5C4367083.jpg

It has the 2 guys from Gavin & Stacey in it, at first I thought it was like that stupid shit "Zombie Strippers" with Jenna Jameson but it's more like Shaun of the Dead, very stupid but funny.

lol, the last movie was "Dirty Dancing", it was on tv, stayed in Saturday night. :eek::D

It brings back good memories, so I may post something off the soundtrack on that retro thread later today.

rewatched Chronicles of Riddick.

You know what, the film isn't great, but it's extremely inventive, visually one of the best designed films around and it's set in an interesting universe with good concepts and characters.

I understand they are working on lower budget sequels, but it's a good sci-fi film for people who like to see alien worlds and different cultures. That's the beauty of sci-fi, to explore concepts, both real and fiction in real and unreal environments. This was one of the few sci-fi films, besides your star wars and few other films a grounded, real but alien universe that is well thought out.

Personally I enjoyed the film and can't wait for more of this universe and more of Riddick!

rewatched Chronicles of Riddick.

You know what, the film isn't great, but it's extremely inventive, visually one of the best designed films around and it's set in an interesting universe with good concepts and characters.

I understand they are working on lower budget sequels, but it's a good sci-fi film for people who like to see alien worlds and different cultures. That's the beauty of sci-fi, to explore concepts, both real and fiction in real and unreal environments. This was one of the few sci-fi films, besides your star wars and few other films a grounded, real but alien universe that is well thought out.

Personally I enjoyed the film and can't wait for more of this universe and more of Riddick!

Have you seen Pitch Black too?

Of course, I watched that last week.

Picked them both up on blu-ray.

I'm going to watch Running Scared tonight if I don't head out.

Blessed

I love films like Babel and Magnolia, that weave seemingly disparate characters and stories into a unified whole. They reveal the interconnected nature of society, and that we all play a role in a most marvelous and unexpected cosmic drama. Blessed, directed by Australian Ana Kokkinos, is another sublime example of this style of film.

The film features a day in the life of some youths with issues, and the impact their off the rail behaviour has on their mothers, who have issues of their own. The performances by Frances O'Connor, Miranda Otto, Deborra-Lee Furness, Victoria Haralabidou (who made a recent appearance in Home and Away) and the gorgeous Sophie Lowe from Beautiful Kate, absolutely captivated me. But everyone in the film is superb.

I was absolutely absorbed in the drama of this film, and am bewildered at some of the reviews I've read at a certain movie site. It is fascinating how different tastes can be, and I suspect that some of the people here will not like this film. I heard one patron at the end of the film mumble something about 'confronting film' - I found it utterly edifying.

In my opinion, Blessed ranks with Sunshine Cleaning and Disgrace as one of the best films I've seen this year.

Was Brian Blessed in the movie? Just asking. Oh, sorry, that's Bless-ed.

It amuses me when people mumble and mutter about "confronting" movies. They are the best type. Sure, sometimes you might feel like something a bit more popcorn or vanilla, cheez whiz, but not often. My version of light fare is the latest Batman movie or "Cloverfield".

Now, when at Fitness First, as I was tonight, they have movie promos to match their brain dead music videos. Their promos lately seem to be all of the same type of thing. (And Eric Bana has shown himself to be a complete dunce and it's putting me off St Kilda, quite frankly).

Shallow, unfunny, run o' the mill, materialistic, cliched, unimaginative American romantic comedies.

"Romcoms" I hear you say. Well how appropriate that such an imbecilic abbreviation would attach to ths kind of lowest common denominator stuff, movies made for morons by morons.

(Ah, feel so much better now.....) ;)

Back